Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2023 11:23:42 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Game Report / Injury News on Jayron Kearse / Micah Parsons / Jason Peters
From: prohuman...@gmail.com (observer)
 by: observer - Tue, 17 Jan 2023 19:23 UTC

January 17 2023
https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2023/01/17/injuries-micah-parsons-jayron-kearse-jason-peters/

~~~

Jayron Kearse

Safety Jayron Kearse was a significant
contributor to the clampdown on Bucs
quarterback Tom Brady, recording 3 tac-
kles, defending 3 passes, & intercepting
an end zone strike to kill a Tampa Bay
scoring drive.

& in a defense that promised to show
some new looks after a few weeks of
late-season tinkering, Kearse found him-
self lining up at several different positions
on the field.
But he was forced to exit the contest in
the 3rd quarter after suffering an apparent
left knee injury. Kearse needed considera-
ble assistance from team trainers just to
get to the sideline, & he did not return to
action.

On the 1st series with him off the field,
Tampa Bay went 95 yards on 10 plays &
scored their 1st touchdown on the night.

Despite what looked to be a severe injury,
though, he hinted that he’ll be fine to face
the 49ers on Sunday.

“It’s feeling all right,” Kearse told reporters
at his locker following the win. “I’ll be good.
It’s feeling all right. It’ll be all right.”

~~~

Micah Parsons

Newly-named All-Pro Micah Parsons also
gave fans a scare.

After the final play of the first half, the line-
backer/edge rusher was slow to get up with
what appeared to be a leg injury, eventually
limping toward the tunnel & stopping en
route to massage the area around his right
knee.

Replays seemed to show Parsons’s shin tak-
ing a hit, although some reports classified
it as an ankle issue. Either way, Parsons
played on, missing only 3 defensive snaps
on the night & turning in a massive stat line.

Micah Parsons last night:

* 3 tackles
* 2 tackles for loss
* 1 sack
* 2 pass break-ups
* 2 QB hits
* 9 pressures, the 2nd most by any player in
a game this season (Parsons himself had 10
back in Week 2)

He wrecked that game.

He, too, gave a positive update to reporters after-
ward.

“I’m feeling good,” Parsons said. “I feel I finished
the game well. Continued to get my pressure, con-
tinued to keep going, understanding the circum-
stances I was faced with. I’m excited for next week,
excited for the matchup.”

~~~

Jason Peters

Offensive lineman Jason Peters, however, may be
less of a sure thing.

The veteran got the wild-card start at left tackle,
but hobbled off the field in the second quarter. His
absence, judged to be a hip injury, caused a shuffle
along the line as rookie Tyler Smith slid over from
the left guard position & Connor McGovern was
forced to abandon the backfield blocking role he
had been filling to take over at guard.

At halftime, Peters was ruled out for the rest of
the game.

By Tuesday morning, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones
was trying to stay optimistic about the age [41 on
January 22nd] [player's] status.

“I certainly am concerned. I don’t know any more
than we knew when we left there last night. We’ve
got a little hope that it might not be serious,” he told
105.3 The Fan in referring to Peters. “But it’s import-
ant to realize that he’s not sitting here in his rookie
year.”

Jones commented on the offensive line that started
the game for Dallas, noting that Peters, Zack Martin,
Tyron Smith, & Tyler Smith made for a formidable
front… for the four series they were together. [as
everyone saw after Center Tyler Biadasz was out
with an injury in the regular season, his absence ...

.... had a deleterious impact on the offensive line,
& Jerry failing to mention Biadasz ignores the part
he played last night upon his return from injury, a
key part of the offensive line's success last night]