From: rain...@colition.gov (Popping Mad)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Subject: 84 wins
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2024 19:23:01 -0500
 by: Popping Mad - Sun, 10 Mar 2024 00:23 UTC

Pecota supposedly is 84 wins for this team and I can say NO WAY.

First all all, this team is going to have major problems getting on
base. Good pitching is going to cruise through this line up,

As far as I'm concerned Harrison Bader is not even a MLB player and he
is starting CF. He had a 69 OPS+. That is AA.

Starling Marte I expect out of the line up in July on the DL

Pitching? There is NO Pitching all up and down the organization from
the ML roster to Brooklyn.

Brett Batty and Alverez had minor league OBPs. Unless something
changes, these guys are going to just waste AB after AB. Alonso,
Alvarez, Batty, Bader... what are they getting from an aging McNeil?

Meanwhile Cohen has the Media dogs repeating this 84 game nonsense
talking about "depth". Year, depth is important...

and the Mets have none.
and no starters
and limited relievers

This team can't win 75 games.

Re: 84 wins

<usiunp$pdo$2@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3549&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#3549

From: rain...@colition.gov (Popping Mad)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Subject: Re: 84 wins
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2024 19:26:11 -0500
 by: Popping Mad - Sun, 10 Mar 2024 00:26 UTC

On 3/9/24 19:23, Popping Mad wrote:
> Pecota supposedly is 84 wins for this team and I can say NO WAY.
>
> First all all, this team is going to have major problems getting on
> base. Good pitching is going to cruise through this line up,
>
> As far as I'm concerned Harrison Bader is not even a MLB player and he
> is starting CF. He had a 69 OPS+. That is AA.
>
> Starling Marte I expect out of the line up in July on the DL
>
> Pitching? There is NO Pitching all up and down the organization from
> the ML roster to Brooklyn.
>
> Brett Batty and Alverez had minor league OBPs. Unless something
> changes, these guys are going to just waste AB after AB. Alonso,
> Alvarez, Batty, Bader... what are they getting from an aging McNeil?
>
> Meanwhile Cohen has the Media dogs repeating this 84 game nonsense
> talking about "depth". Year, depth is important...
>
> and the Mets have none.
> and no starters
> and limited relievers
>
> This team can't win 75 games.

Joey Wendle

248 OBP - he can play in the Sally League