From: rain...@colition.gov (Popping Mad)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Subject: Jarred Kelenic - suddenly on Atlanta
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2024 19:12:18 -0500
 by: Popping Mad - Sat, 9 Mar 2024 00:12 UTC

Braves win in Jarred Kelenic trade only getting bigger with latest
Mariners news

arly this offseason the Atlanta Braves pulled off a stunning trade,
acquiring former Mets top prospect Jarred Kelenic in a trade with the
Seattle Mariners in exchange for a package that could only be described
as light.

While Kelenic hasn't quite lived up to his elite prospect status yet,
he's just 24 years old and has shown flashes of star potential. Just
last season he had an .846 OPS through the first two months of the season.

he reason the package was underwhelming from a Mariners perspective is
because Seattle threw in the contracts of Marco Gonzales and Evan White
that they did not want. With the Braves taking on a good amount of money
there, they got Kelenic for not very much.

The two players who went from Atlanta to Seattle in the trade were Cole
Phillips and Jackson Kowar. Phillips, Atlanta's seventh-ranked prospect
at the time, underwent Tommy John Surgery that will knock him out for
all of 2024 and part of 2025. To make matters worse, the other player
the Mariners acquired is being evaluated for a possible arm injury of
his own. Yikes.

WTF?

Re: Jarred Kelenic - suddenly on Atlanta

<65ed0947$0$2187653$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3552&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#3552

Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2024 20:13:44 -0500
Subject: Re: Jarred Kelenic - suddenly on Atlanta
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
From: alreadyd...@hotmail.com (*ernie)
 by: *ernie - Sun, 10 Mar 2024 01:13 UTC

On 3/8/2024 7:12 PM, Popping Mad wrote:
> Braves win in Jarred Kelenic trade only getting bigger with latest
> Mariners news
>
> arly this offseason the Atlanta Braves pulled off a stunning trade,
> acquiring former Mets top prospect Jarred Kelenic in a trade with the
> Seattle Mariners in exchange for a package that could only be described
> as light.
>
> While Kelenic hasn't quite lived up to his elite prospect status yet,
> he's just 24 years old and has shown flashes of star potential. Just
> last season he had an .846 OPS through the first two months of the season.
>
> he reason the package was underwhelming from a Mariners perspective is
> because Seattle threw in the contracts of Marco Gonzales and Evan White
> that they did not want. With the Braves taking on a good amount of money
> there, they got Kelenic for not very much.
>
> The two players who went from Atlanta to Seattle in the trade were Cole
> Phillips and Jackson Kowar. Phillips, Atlanta's seventh-ranked prospect
> at the time, underwent Tommy John Surgery that will knock him out for
> all of 2024 and part of 2025. To make matters worse, the other player
> the Mariners acquired is being evaluated for a possible arm injury of
> his own. Yikes.
>

> WTF?

At the time the Mets traded him to Seattle, I thought we got fleeced
after that first season when Diaz was a disaster. Since then, the Mets
are at least even no matter how Kelenic turns out.

--
ernie k.
alreadydeleted9@hotmail.com