They also surf who only stand on waves.

sport / alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins / Still churning

SubjectAuthor
* Still churningValravn
+- Re: Still churningValravn
`* Re: Still churningStoobz
 `* Re: Still churningDrumrboy
  +* Re: Still churningStoobz
  |`* Re: Still churningoceantracks
  | `- Re: Still churningJ Lunis
  `- Re: Still churningValravn

1
Still churning

<e1878606-54c4-4814-bd57-37f00581e9acn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=357&group=alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins#357

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 12:58:15 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Still churning
From: gmwellbr...@gmail.com (Valravn)
 by: Valravn - Sat, 28 Aug 2021 19:58 UTC

Dolphins traded for another center, Greg Mancz.

I really do believe they have solved the inside of the line (center and both guards). Yes, I guess that means I think I like Kindley at guard. No question about Hunt. Now at center they are bringing more competition for Deiter, who up to this point has looked solid.

Tackles are still a concern as of now, still waiting for Jackson to emerge, but still have hope. Eichenberg was a solid prospect and may grow into it, but has been hampered by injuries so far. Jesse Davis is a solid utility guy.

Strange they keep drafting tackles and moving them to guard... I don't understand that.

If they had drafted Sewell making Jackson the second-best tackle on the team, I think they would be set.

I will have a lot of second guessing of recent draft move over the next years...

I start with Tua over Herbert, trading back up to six this year, not trading X during the draft, missing on Javonte Williams...

In hindsight, given the depth of the WR corps this like leading to losing Merrit for no compensation, imagine the got Sewell and Williams but not Waddle...

Jaelan Philips? I hope he's awesome. But how did the Bills end up with both Rousseau at 30 and Basham at 61?

How about the Patriots getting Christian Barmore at 38?

One smart trade down from 18 could have netted all of those guys in a single draft...

Imagine that for a second...

Dolphins 2020 Draft
Herbert

Dolphins 2021 Draft,
Sewell, Rousseau, Barmore, Williams, Basham?

I could only imagine.

Re: Still churning

<b368ebb1-1de0-496d-91e0-85271b063e0en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=358&group=alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins#358

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 13:10:57 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Still churning
From: gmwellbr...@gmail.com (Valravn)
 by: Valravn - Sat, 28 Aug 2021 20:10 UTC

On Saturday, August 28, 2021 at 12:58:16 PM UTC-7, Valravn wrote:
> Dolphins traded for another center, Greg Mancz.
>
> I really do believe they have solved the inside of the line (center and both guards). Yes, I guess that means I think I like Kindley at guard. No question about Hunt. Now at center they are bringing more competition for Deiter, who up to this point has looked solid.
>
> Tackles are still a concern as of now, still waiting for Jackson to emerge, but still have hope. Eichenberg was a solid prospect and may grow into it, but has been hampered by injuries so far. Jesse Davis is a solid utility guy.
>
> Strange they keep drafting tackles and moving them to guard... I don't understand that.
>
> If they had drafted Sewell making Jackson the second-best tackle on the team, I think they would be set.
>
> I will have a lot of second guessing of recent draft move over the next years...
>
> I start with Tua over Herbert, trading back up to six this year, not trading X during the draft, missing on Javonte Williams...
>
> In hindsight, given the depth of the WR corps this like leading to losing Merrit for no compensation, imagine the got Sewell and Williams but not Waddle...
>
> Jaelan Philips? I hope he's awesome. But how did the Bills end up with both Rousseau at 30 and Basham at 61?
>
> How about the Patriots getting Christian Barmore at 38?
>
> One smart trade down from 18 could have netted all of those guys in a single draft...
>
> Imagine that for a second...
>
> Dolphins 2020 Draft
> Herbert
>
> Dolphins 2021 Draft,
> Sewell, Rousseau, Barmore, Williams, Basham?
>
> I could only imagine.

Don't get me wrong. I like Waddle. I like Phillips. BUT, consider the price, the team needs, and the other opportunities that remained on the board..

I just hope Waddle's career can make me forget missing on Sewell. And Phillips career can make me forget Rousseau AND Basham.

This on top of already hoping for Tua's career to make me forget Herbert.

Time will tell.

Obviously for that to happen, Tua, Waddle and Phillips will ALL have to become perennial Pro-Bowlers. Maybe even HOF candidates.

That would shut me up.

Re: Still churning

<sge8iv$741$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=359&group=alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins#359

From: stoo...@comcast.net (Stoobz)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 16:07:43 -0500
 by: Stoobz - Sat, 28 Aug 2021 21:07 UTC

On 8/28/2021 2:58 PM, Valravn wrote:
> Dolphins traded for another center, Greg Mancz.
>
> I really do believe they have solved the inside of the line (center and both guards). Yes, I guess that means I think I like Kindley at guard. No question about Hunt. Now at center they are bringing more competition for Deiter, who up to this point has looked solid.
>
> Tackles are still a concern as of now, still waiting for Jackson to emerge, but still have hope. Eichenberg was a solid prospect and may grow into it, but has been hampered by injuries so far. Jesse Davis is a solid utility guy.
>
> Strange they keep drafting tackles and moving them to guard... I don't understand that.
>
> If they had drafted Sewell making Jackson the second-best tackle on the team, I think they would be set.
>
> I will have a lot of second guessing of recent draft move over the next years...
>
> I start with Tua over Herbert, trading back up to six this year, not trading X during the draft, missing on Javonte Williams...
>
> In hindsight, given the depth of the WR corps this like leading to losing Merrit for no compensation, imagine the got Sewell and Williams but not Waddle...
>
> Jaelan Philips? I hope he's awesome. But how did the Bills end up with both Rousseau at 30 and Basham at 61?
>
> How about the Patriots getting Christian Barmore at 38?
>
> One smart trade down from 18 could have netted all of those guys in a single draft...
>
> Imagine that for a second...
>
> Dolphins 2020 Draft
> Herbert
>
> Dolphins 2021 Draft,
> Sewell, Rousseau, Barmore, Williams, Basham?
>
> I could only imagine.

FWIW, Sewell is struggling right now.

A bigger question is why teams continue to move LTs to the right.

Re: Still churning

<5f2319a6-0832-46bf-8112-5835dc476753n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=361&group=alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins#361

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 15:29:59 -0700 (PDT)
From: drumr...@aol.com (Drumrboy)
 by: Drumrboy - Sat, 28 Aug 2021 22:29 UTC

On Saturday, August 28, 2021 at 5:07:45 PM UTC-4, Stoobz wrote:
> On 8/28/2021 2:58 PM, Valravn wrote:
> > Dolphins traded for another center, Greg Mancz.
> >
> > I really do believe they have solved the inside of the line (center and both guards). Yes, I guess that means I think I like Kindley at guard. No question about Hunt. Now at center they are bringing more competition for Deiter, who up to this point has looked solid.
> >
> > Tackles are still a concern as of now, still waiting for Jackson to emerge, but still have hope. Eichenberg was a solid prospect and may grow into it, but has been hampered by injuries so far. Jesse Davis is a solid utility guy.
> >
> > Strange they keep drafting tackles and moving them to guard... I don't understand that.
> >
> > If they had drafted Sewell making Jackson the second-best tackle on the team, I think they would be set.
> >
> > I will have a lot of second guessing of recent draft move over the next years...
> >
> > I start with Tua over Herbert, trading back up to six this year, not trading X during the draft, missing on Javonte Williams...
> >
> > In hindsight, given the depth of the WR corps this like leading to losing Merrit for no compensation, imagine the got Sewell and Williams but not Waddle...
> >
> > Jaelan Philips? I hope he's awesome. But how did the Bills end up with both Rousseau at 30 and Basham at 61?
> >
> > How about the Patriots getting Christian Barmore at 38?
> >
> > One smart trade down from 18 could have netted all of those guys in a single draft...
> >
> > Imagine that for a second...
> >
> > Dolphins 2020 Draft
> > Herbert
> >
> > Dolphins 2021 Draft,
> > Sewell, Rousseau, Barmore, Williams, Basham?
> >
> > I could only imagine.
> >

> FWIW, Sewell is struggling right now.
>
> A bigger question is why teams continue to move LTs to the right.

As a no nothing fan, I just can’t wrap my head around how hard it is to build a decent OL after all the resources they continue to throw at it.. It’s been probably 20 years since they had a decent line.

Re: Still churning

<sgee9p$db1$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=363&group=alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins#363

From: stoo...@comcast.net (Stoobz)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 17:45:13 -0500
 by: Stoobz - Sat, 28 Aug 2021 22:45 UTC

On 8/28/2021 5:29 PM, Drumrboy wrote:
> On Saturday, August 28, 2021 at 5:07:45 PM UTC-4, Stoobz wrote:
>> On 8/28/2021 2:58 PM, Valravn wrote:
>>> Dolphins traded for another center, Greg Mancz.
>>>
>>> I really do believe they have solved the inside of the line (center and both guards). Yes, I guess that means I think I like Kindley at guard. No question about Hunt. Now at center they are bringing more competition for Deiter, who up to this point has looked solid.
>>>
>>> Tackles are still a concern as of now, still waiting for Jackson to emerge, but still have hope. Eichenberg was a solid prospect and may grow into it, but has been hampered by injuries so far. Jesse Davis is a solid utility guy.
>>>
>>> Strange they keep drafting tackles and moving them to guard... I don't understand that.
>>>
>>> If they had drafted Sewell making Jackson the second-best tackle on the team, I think they would be set.
>>>
>>> I will have a lot of second guessing of recent draft move over the next years...
>>>
>>> I start with Tua over Herbert, trading back up to six this year, not trading X during the draft, missing on Javonte Williams...
>>>
>>> In hindsight, given the depth of the WR corps this like leading to losing Merrit for no compensation, imagine the got Sewell and Williams but not Waddle...
>>>
>>> Jaelan Philips? I hope he's awesome. But how did the Bills end up with both Rousseau at 30 and Basham at 61?
>>>
>>> How about the Patriots getting Christian Barmore at 38?
>>>
>>> One smart trade down from 18 could have netted all of those guys in a single draft...
>>>
>>> Imagine that for a second...
>>>
>>> Dolphins 2020 Draft
>>> Herbert
>>>
>>> Dolphins 2021 Draft,
>>> Sewell, Rousseau, Barmore, Williams, Basham?
>>>
>>> I could only imagine.
>>>

>> FWIW, Sewell is struggling right now.
>>
>> A bigger question is why teams continue to move LTs to the right.
> As a no nothing fan, I just can’t wrap my head around how hard it is to build a decent OL after all the resources they continue to throw at it. It’s been probably 20 years since they had a decent line.

Yeah, it's nuts. That and trying to find a competent QB.

Re: Still churning

<114848d1-2cd4-4210-bcd0-bf54e585a59bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=367&group=alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins#367

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2021 09:48:37 -0700 (PDT)
From: oceantra...@mac.com (oceantracks)
 by: oceantracks - Sun, 29 Aug 2021 16:48 UTC

I watched a Madden 2022 Miami vs Buffalo simulation for this year the other night. Unfortunately it really looked like what it probably be...

On Saturday, August 28, 2021 at 6:45:14 PM UTC-4, Stoobz wrote:
> On 8/28/2021 5:29 PM, Drumrboy wrote:

> >> FWIW, Sewell is struggling right now.
> >>
> >> A bigger question is why teams continue to move LTs to the right.
> > As a no nothing fan, I just can’t wrap my head around how hard it is to build a decent OL after all the resources they continue to throw at it. It’s been probably 20 years since they had a decent line.
> Yeah, it's nuts. That and trying to find a competent QB.

Re: Still churning

<sggipr$oif$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=368&group=alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins#368

From: luni...@gmail.com (J Lunis)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2021 14:14:19 -0400
 by: J Lunis - Sun, 29 Aug 2021 18:14 UTC

On 8/29/2021 12:48 PM, oceantracks wrote:

> I watched a Madden 2022 Miami vs Buffalo simulation for this year the other night. Unfortunately it really looked like what it probably be...
>
> On Saturday, August 28, 2021 at 6:45:14 PM UTC-4, Stoobz wrote:

>>> As a no nothing fan, I just can’t wrap my head around how hard it is to build a decent OL after all the resources they continue to throw at it. It’s been probably 20 years since they had a decent line.
>> Yeah, it's nuts. That and trying to find a competent QB.

Who did Miami pick in the '22 draft?

Re: Still churning

<471964ba-16c3-45d0-8b88-2c98106fb20cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=370&group=alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins#370

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2021 12:45:13 -0700 (PDT)
From: gmwellbr...@gmail.com (Valravn)
 by: Valravn - Sun, 29 Aug 2021 19:45 UTC

On Saturday, August 28, 2021 at 3:30:00 PM UTC-7, Drumrboy wrote:
> On Saturday, August 28, 2021 at 5:07:45 PM UTC-4, Stoobz wrote:
> > On 8/28/2021 2:58 PM, Valravn wrote:
> > > Dolphins traded for another center, Greg Mancz.
> > >
> > > I really do believe they have solved the inside of the line (center and both guards). Yes, I guess that means I think I like Kindley at guard. No question about Hunt. Now at center they are bringing more competition for Deiter, who up to this point has looked solid.
> > >
> > > Tackles are still a concern as of now, still waiting for Jackson to emerge, but still have hope. Eichenberg was a solid prospect and may grow into it, but has been hampered by injuries so far. Jesse Davis is a solid utility guy.
> > >
> > > Strange they keep drafting tackles and moving them to guard... I don't understand that.
> > >
> > > If they had drafted Sewell making Jackson the second-best tackle on the team, I think they would be set.
> > >
> > > I will have a lot of second guessing of recent draft move over the next years...
> > >
> > > I start with Tua over Herbert, trading back up to six this year, not trading X during the draft, missing on Javonte Williams...
> > >
> > > In hindsight, given the depth of the WR corps this like leading to losing Merrit for no compensation, imagine the got Sewell and Williams but not Waddle...
> > >
> > > Jaelan Philips? I hope he's awesome. But how did the Bills end up with both Rousseau at 30 and Basham at 61?
> > >
> > > How about the Patriots getting Christian Barmore at 38?
> > >
> > > One smart trade down from 18 could have netted all of those guys in a single draft...
> > >
> > > Imagine that for a second...
> > >
> > > Dolphins 2020 Draft
> > > Herbert
> > >
> > > Dolphins 2021 Draft,
> > > Sewell, Rousseau, Barmore, Williams, Basham?
> > >
> > > I could only imagine.
> > >

> > FWIW, Sewell is struggling right now.
> >
> > A bigger question is why teams continue to move LTs to the right.
> As a no nothing fan, I just can’t wrap my head around how hard it is to build a decent OL after all the resources they continue to throw at it. It’s been probably 20 years since they had a decent line.

I have already stated that I think the center of the OL is fixed, with depth, and now the focus is tackle. With Jackson and Eichenberg, I thought they were moving forward there as well. Remains to be seen. But I did not mention, that I am intrigued by the potential of both Greg Little and Larnel Coleman as well. Granted, I think Coleman is too raw now and is developmental at this point, but both seem to have the physical tools to be legitimate NFL tackles. I'd love to see at least one of the three (Coleman, Eichenberg or Little) surprise and emerge as at least solid, if not good, over the next season.

It could happen. :)