From: ala...@yahoo.com (Allen)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Kenney: Steph Curry to miss at least two weeks with sprained left
foot ligament
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2022 22:57:31 -0700
 by: Allen - Mon, 21 Mar 2022 05:57 UTC

BANG's new Warriors beat writer's first article. -AL

Steph Curry to miss at least two weeks with sprained left foot ligament
Stephen Curry, who will miss at least seven games, will be re-evaluated
April 1.
>SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA – MARCH 16:
Golden State Warriors’ Stephen Curry (30) limps off the court in the
second quarter of their NBA game at Chase Center in San Francisco,
Calif., on Wednesday, March 16, 2022. (Ray Chavez/Bay Area News Group)
>SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA – MARCH 16: Golden State Warriors’ Stephen
Curry (30) limps off the court in the second quarter of their NBA game
at Chase Center in San Francisco, Calif., on Wednesday, March 16, 2022.
(Ray Chavez/Bay Area News Group)
By MADELINE KENNEY | mkenney@bayareanewsgroup.com | Bay Area News Group
PUBLISHED: March 18, 2022 at 1:40 p.m. | UPDATED: March 20, 2022 at 6:32
a.m.
https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2022/03/18/steph-curry-to-miss-at-least-two-weeks-with-sprained-left-foot-ligament/

SAN FRANCISCO — So much for getting the dynastic trio back together.

Stephen Curry will miss at least two weeks after suffering a sprained
ligament in his left foot during Wednesday’s loss, the Warriors
announced Friday.

Curry left for the locker room midway through the second quarter of the
Warriors’ 110-88 loss to the Boston Celtics after forward Marcus Smart
rolled over his left foot while the two went after a loose ball. Curry
was seen limping around the court for a minute before he left the game
and never returned.

An MRI on Curry’s foot after the game reportedly did not reveal a
fracture or major damage to the ligaments.

Golden State will be without Curry for its home game against the San
Antonio Spurs on Sunday, and he’ll be sidelined for the Warriors’
crucial five-game East Coast road trip that includes two back-to-back games.

Curry, who will miss at least seven games, will be re-evaluated April 1.
At that point, the Warriors will have five regular-season games
remaining, with the playoffs scheduled to start April 16.

After practice Friday, coach Steve Kerr said he was “relieved” to hear
Curry’s injury was not as severe as initially feared.

“We’re hoping that he’s back for the playoffs and maybe even back for a
couple of games before the playoffs,” Kerr said. “We’ll see how it all
goes, but the mood of the team is really strong.”

Curry’s injury is a big blow to a team that seemed to be rounding the
corner after reuniting its three stars just one game prior.

Both Draymond Green and Klay Thompson missed significant time this
season due to injuries. Monday’s 126-112 win over the Wizards marked the
first time Curry, Green and Thompson took the court together in 1,005 days.

In total, the three have played 11 minutes together over the last two games.

To make matters worse, the Warriors’ presumed starting cast of Curry,
Thompson, Andrew Wiggins, Green and Kevon Looney have yet to play a game
together this season.

“That’s just part of it,” said Kerr, who’s been forced to shuffle the
lineup all season because of injuries. “Every year is going to be
different, you hope for perfect health and you rarely get it. And so you
adapt as you go, and we have a really good, deep roster and a lot of
guys have stepped up and helped us win games this year, so there’s no
reason why we can’t continue that trend.”

No one can fully replace Curry’s scoring, ballhandling and leadership
abilities, though Green and Thompson will help fill the void of his
absence. Other players, like Jordan Poole and Wiggins, also will need to
contribute more.

“We just have to pick up the slack and let Steph get healthy,” Thompson
said. “That’s what most important is having him when the game’s on the
line come playoff time.”

Said Wiggins, “Everyone’s got to step up collectively and just got to
play for each other. We have the talent to still compete at a high level
and beat anybody.”

The Warriors are in the midst of a heated battle for playoff seeding.
They’re currently the No. 3 seed in the Western Conference – one game
behind the second-seeded Grizzlies.

>RELATED ARTICLES
Steph Curry doesn’t believe Marcus Smart’s play was dirty: ‘He didn’t
try to hurt me’
Steph Curry’s injury: What the Warriors are saying
Marcus Smart on play that injured Steph Curry: ‘I’m going to get
called dirty’
In aftermath of loss to Celtics, Warriors must deal with Steph
Curry’s health
Steph Curry gets MRI on injured foot

Wiggins said the team is looking forward to ending the season strong
even if it has to do it without its most reliable scorer.

“This is what we’re preparing for and just got to finish strong to give
us that momentum pushing into the playoffs,” he said.

- Injury updates: Moses Moody didn’t practice with the team after
leaving Wednesday’s game with a right shoulder injury. Kerr said the
rookie guard didn’t suffer any structural damage to his shoulder and is
day-to-day.

Meanwhile, Nemanja Bjelica and Wiggins all practiced Friday and could be
available to play in Sunday’s game. Bjelica and Wiggins missed
Wednesday’s game because of illness and Gary Payton II has been
sidelined for about two weeks with an injury to his left knee.

--
Madeline Kenney | Warriors reporter