From: ala...@yahoo.com (Allen)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: BANG:_Warriors-Nuggets:_Full_series_schedule_benefici
al_for_Steph_Curry’s_possible_return
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 17:43:19 -0700
 by: Allen - Fri, 15 Apr 2022 00:43 UTC

Warriors-Nuggets: Full series schedule beneficial for Steph Curry’s
possible return
Full schedule of the Golden State Warriors' playoff series against the
Denver Nuggets leaves windows to help expediteSteph Curry's return
>SAN FRANCISCO, CA – FEBRUARY 16: Golden State Warriors’ Stephen Curry
(30) looks to pass against the Denver Nuggets’ Austin Rivers (25) in the
fourth quarter of their NBA game at Chase Center in San Francisco,
Calif., on Wednesday, Feb. 16, 2022. (Ray Chavez/Bay Area News Group)
>SAN FRANCISCO, CA – FEBRUARY 16: Golden State Warriors’ Stephen Curry
(30) looks to pass against the Denver Nuggets’ Austin Rivers (25) in the
fourth quarter of their NBA game at Chase Center in San Francisco,
Calif., on Wednesday, Feb. 16, 2022. (Ray Chavez/Bay Area News Group)
By ALEX SIMON | asimon@bayareanewsgroup.com | Bay Area News Group
PUBLISHED: April 12, 2022 at 11:45 p.m. | UPDATED: April 13, 2022 at
8:47 a.m.
https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2022/04/12/warriors-nuggets-series-schedule-beneficial-for-steph-curry-warriors/

The Warriors already knew when Game 1 of their first round playoff
series against the Nuggets was set to be played.

Late Tuesday night, they found out the rest of the schedule, too — and
it couldn’t turn out better for the Warriors and their injured
superstar, Steph Curry.

The NBA announced the dates for Games 2-7 of the Warriors-Nuggets after
the two 7-seeds won the play-in tournament games on Tuesday night.

The Warriors will start by hosting their first two playoff games at the
Chase Center on Saturday afternoon and Monday night, with Game 1’s tip
time scheduled for 5:30 p.m. and Game 2 slated for a 7 p.m. tip. The
teams will then get two days off before they play Game 3 in Denver, then
an additional two days before Game 4. It would be an additional two-day
break before potential Game 5 in San Francisco.

It’s a favorable schedule for a Warriors team hoping to get Curry to
return soon. Tuesday’s update didn’t provide any new clarity on the
timeline in Curry’s recovery from a left foot sprained ligament and bone
bruise.

>RELATED ARTICLES
Warriors’ Steph Curry ‘hoping’ he’ll play Game 1 of playoffs Saturday
Steph Curry returns to practice for first time since injury
Revisiting each Warriors-Nuggets matchup from this season
If Nuggets’ Murray surprises to return vs. Warriors, he’ll have an
ally in Klay
Scrimmage will determine Curry’s availability for Warriors-Nuggets
Game 1, Kerr says

The three two-day breaks in a row could end up being vital for getting
Curry back in game action, as Warriors coach Steve Kerr said Tuesday it
was “essential” for Curry to get into a scrimmage with the Warriors
before he’d return to game action. A second off day between games could
allow the Warriors to scrimmage more regularly than they normally would
in-season — and provide Curry a chance to test his foot out before
returning.

If the series went deep, it would be back to a single travel day in
between games for what would be elimination games in Games 6 and 7. The
latest the series could wrap up is on Sunday, May 1 at the Chase Center.
The game times for Games 5, 6 and 7 are not known and likely won’t be
announced until it’s determined that they are necessary.

Tuesday night, the Timberwolves defeated the Clippers 109-104 to earn
the seventh seed in the Western Conference. Minnesota will take on the
No. 2 seed Memphis Grizzlies. The winner of that series will face the
winner of Denver-Golden State in the Western Conference Semifinals.

Warriors-Nuggets playoff schedule: Date, location, time, television
station (All times Pacific)

Game 1: Saturday, April 16 in San Francisco — 5:30 p.m., ABC

Game 2: Monday, April 18 in San Francisco — 7 p.m., NBC Sports Bay Area

Game 3: Thursday, April 21 in Denver – 7 p.m., NBC Sports Bay Area

Game 4: Sunday, April 24 in Denver — 12:30 p.m., ABC

Game 5 (if necessary): Wednesday, April 27 in San Francisco — TBD, TBD

Game 6 (if necessary): Friday, April 29 in Denver — TBD, TBD

Game 7 (if necessary): Sunday, May 1 in San Francisco — TBD, TBD

--
Alex Simon