Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2023 20:10:35 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Terrible holding call, game on the line, official blows it
From: prohuman...@gmail.com (observer)
 by: observer - Mon, 13 Feb 2023 04:10 UTC

The official who blew that call, the entire
officiating crew should be held to account
for that terrible holding call.

Look 15:40 into the following highlight
reel, repeat that play over and over again
& convince me that isn't a terrible call, in
a game that otherwise might have gone
down as one of the greatest in Super Bowl
history, an official made an absolutely ter-
rible game-deciding call.
https://youtu.be/BWkt79xkd00

NO, there was no pulling on the jersey.
NO, there was no hold.
NO, there was simply a terrible call that
ruined an otherwise classic contest that
could've should've gone down to the end
with the teams deciding the outcome, NOT
the officials making a terrible call.

--- --- ---

Re: Terrible holding call, game on the line, official blows it

<ca19fc12-7b85-45b3-93b2-0e515e80325cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3759&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#3759

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2023 07:43:17 -0800 (PST)
From: dls...@gmail.com (DLS S)
 by: DLS S - Mon, 13 Feb 2023 15:43 UTC

On Sunday, February 12, 2023 at 11:10:36 PM UTC-5, observer wrote:
> The official who blew that call, the entire
> officiating crew should be held to account
> for that terrible holding call.
>
> Look 15:40 into the following highlight
> reel, repeat that play over and over again
> & convince me that isn't a terrible call, in
> a game that otherwise might have gone
> down as one of the greatest in Super Bowl
> history, an official made an absolutely ter-
> rible game-deciding call.
> https://youtu.be/BWkt79xkd00
>
> NO, there was no pulling on the jersey.
> NO, there was no hold.
> NO, there was simply a terrible call that
> ruined an otherwise classic contest that
> could've should've gone down to the end
> with the teams deciding the outcome, NOT
> the officials making a terrible call.
>
> --- --- ---

Only a jackass would question what the defender said he did.

My question is why is the uncatchable pass never called anymore??

Re: Terrible holding call, game on the line, official blows it

<5513bc31-2867-42fa-9633-f91724f812can@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3761&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#3761

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2023 08:50:45 -0800 (PST)
From: prohuman...@gmail.com (observer)
 by: observer - Mon, 13 Feb 2023 16:50 UTC

On Monday, February 13, 2023 at 9:43:18 AM UTC-6, DLS S wrote:

> On Sunday, February 12, 2023 at 11:10:36 PM UTC-5, observer wrote:

..> > The official who blew that call, the entire
..> > officiating crew should be held to account
..> > for that terrible holding call.
..> >
..> > Look 15:40 into the following highlight
..> > reel, repeat that play over and over again
..> > & convince me that isn't a terrible call, in
..> > a game that otherwise might have gone
..> > down as one of the greatest in Super Bowl
..> > history, an official made an absolutely ter-
..> > rible game-deciding call.
..> > https://youtu.be/BWkt79xkd00
..> >
..> > NO, there was no pulling on the jersey.
..> > NO, there was no hold.
..> > NO, there was simply a terrible call that
..> > ruined an otherwise classic contest that
..> > could've should've gone down to the end
..> > with the teams deciding the outcome, NOT
..> > the officials making a terrible call.
..> >
..> > *--- --- ---*

The whole thing reeks of cover-up, trying
to spin a terrible game-ending call that
ruined what had the potential to be the
greatest game in Super Bowl history into
the lamest ending imaginable with close
to 0 chance of an Eagles final comeback, ...

.... a comeback that without that game-end-
ing call either would have resulted in a dra-
matic ending with the game on the line, pro-
bably an overtime game, rather than an abys-
mal lousy ending (unless one is a Chiefs fan,
& even then, the call cheapened their win).

As for what people including players might
say about a blown call, the NFL demonizes
anyone who questions any officiating screw-
up, the following excerpt just a hint of NFL
invoked silence about screw-ups that led ...

.... Bradberry to pretend to be fine with that
terrible game-ending game-deciding screw-
up by the officials:
https://theathletic.com/4189440/2023/02/13/super-bowl-eagles-holding-james-bradberry/

"... a coach for another NFL team not playing
in the Super Bowl, who works closely with rules,
told The Athletic he didn’t think there was a clear
enough restriction on Smith-Schuster to justify a
flag. The coach, granted anonymity so he could ...

.... speak freely, said the same action happens all
the time during NFL games and is infrequently,
or at least inconsistently, called."

Face it, the call ruined the game, a game that
other than that terrible call would've gone down
as the greatest Super Bowl in history. It cheap-
ened the Chiefs win, inarguably.

Another article with a comment on holding on
one of the most famous catches in Super Bowl
history:
https://dknation.draftkings.com/2023/2/13/23597233/eagles-holding-call-video-super-bowl-2023-referees-chiefs-game-winning-field-goal

"The adage 'you can call holding on every play'
certainly applies here. One of the most famous
plays in Super Bowl history was Eli Manning’s
throw to David Tyree for the 'Helmet Catch' that
decided Super Bowl 42 in the same stadium.

Watch the offensive line on this play. It’s not that
they hold, it’s that they practically tackle the Pa-
triots pass rush."

On that article, the following example of how
the NFL covers up official screw-ups appears:

"Video unavailable
This video contains content from NFL, who has
blocked it from display on this website or appli-
cation"

So, to see the holding (i.e., tackling of defensive
linemen by offensive linemen on that play), go to
https://youtu.be/3GEj1whJOaI & slow down the
replay to .25 speed or .5 speed or watch it at reg-
ular speed to note the officials ignoring the offen-
sive holding (i.e., tackling of defensive linemen).

~~~

The official who threw that late flag? Carl Cheffers,
who, per the following article, is "the ref with the
most penalty calls the last two seasons".
https://www.sportscasting.com/nfl-referees-again-make-themselves-the-stars-of-rigged-super-bowl/

What in the world determined that the most flag-
throwing official should be part of Super Bowl offi-
ciating?

Another excerpt from that article: "... The CB did
grab at Smith-Schuster’s hips a bit, but it wasn’t
egregious. ... It was a horrible way to end a classic
Super Bowl."

Put another way, that terrible call ruined what other-
wise could've been the greatest game in Super Bowl
history.