From: ala...@yahoo.com (Allen)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: BANG/AP:_Warriors’_Curry_launches_new_youth_gol
f_tour_focused_on_diversity_in_the_game
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 16:41:47 -0700
 by: Allen - Tue, 26 Apr 2022 23:41 UTC

Warriors’ Curry launches new youth golf tour focused on diversity in the
game
Steph Curry's Underrated golf tour will culminate with a championship at
TPC Harding Park
>Stephen Curry follows his drive from the first tee of the Silverado
Resort North Course during the pro-am event of the Safeway Open PGA golf
tournament Wednesday, Sept. 25, 2019, in Napa, Calif. (AP Photo/Eric
Risberg)
>Stephen Curry follows his drive from the first tee of the Silverado
Resort North Course during the pro-am event of the Safeway Open PGA golf
tournament Wednesday, Sept. 25, 2019, in Napa, Calif. (AP Photo/Eric
Risberg)
By ASSOCIATED PRESS
PUBLISHED: April 26, 2022 at 12:33 p.m. | UPDATED: April 26, 2022 at
12:33 p.m.
https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2022/04/26/warriors-curry-launches-new-youth-golf-tour-focused-on-diversity-in-the-game/

When he isn’t busy trying to get the Golden State Warriors back to the
NBA Finals, Steph Curry is doing his part to create golf opportunities
for minorities.

His latest venture is expanding his “Underrated” brand into golf by
launching a series of five tournaments in conjunction with the American
Junior Golf Association. Boys and girls between the ages of 12 and 18
will compete for the “Curry Cup” at the Underrated Tour Championship at
TPC Harding Park.

“Less than 2% of golfers are people of color,” Curry said in a video
message. “This provides a platform for equity, access and opportunity
for those who can’t get their big break, but also who want to play
head-to-head with some of the best players on the AJGA.”

Curry said the tour will be free of charge, inclusive of travel, lodging
and meals.

Three years ago, Curry made a seven-figure donation to Howard University
to have a golf team for the first time in 40 years.

The tour will begin in late June with stops in Chicago, Phoenix, Houston
and Tampa before the championship in August at San Francisco’s Harding Park.

Curry’s affinity for golf extends back his days growing up in Charlotte.
Since being drafted by the Warriors in 2009, he’s been a figure at the
American Century Championship celebrity golf tournament in Lake Tahoe,
played during the NBA offseason.

“Everybody knows I love the game of golf,” he says in the video. “I
couldn’t be more excited to extend that love to the best young players
across the country.”

--
UnderratedGolf
@UnderratedGolf

Expanding on @underrated with @StephenCurry30, the top 24 boys and girls
from across the country will be competing for the Curry Cup, spanning
across multiple @PGATOUR venues with the championship being held at TPC
Harding Park in the Bay.
[video]

2:41 PM · Apr 21, 2022