From: ala...@yahoo.com (Allen)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Kenney: Warriors injury report: Key veteran ruled out for Game 5
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 15:48:29 -0700
 by: Allen - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 22:48 UTC

Warriors injury report: Key veteran ruled out for Game 5
The Warriors had a late addition to their injury report Wednesday ahead
of Game 5 of their first-round series against the Denver Nuggets.
>DENVER, COLORADO – APRIL 24: Golden State Warriors’ Andre Iguodala (9)
fouls Denver Nuggets’ DeMarcus Cousins (4) in the fourth quarter of Game
4 of the team’s NBA basketball first-round playoff series at Ball Arena
in Denver, Colo., on Sunday, April 24, 2022. (Nhat V. Meyer/Bay Area
News Group)
>DENVER, COLORADO – APRIL 24: Golden State Warriors’ Andre Iguodala (9)
fouls Denver Nuggets’ DeMarcus Cousins (4) in the fourth quarter of Game
4 of the team’s NBA basketball first-round playoff series at Ball Arena
in Denver, Colo., on Sunday, April 24, 2022. (Nhat V. Meyer/Bay Area
News Group)
By MADELINE KENNEY | mkenney@bayareanewsgroup.com | Bay Area News Group
PUBLISHED: April 27, 2022 at 11:11 a.m. | UPDATED: April 27, 2022 at
12:07 p.m.
https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2022/04/27/warriors-injury-report-key-wing-ruled-out-for-game-5/

SAN FRANCISCO — The Warriors had a late addition to their injury report
Wednesday ahead of Game 5 of their first-round series against the Denver
Nuggets.

Andre Iguodala was ruled out for Wednesday night’s game at Chase Center
with a neck injury. Specifically, he’s listed as having a left cervical
disc injury.

The Warriors said the injury is linked to the neck spasms that disabled
Iguodala for Game 2. He’ll be reevaluated in one week, meaning he would
miss the remainder of this series, which the Warriors lead 3-1. It’s
possible he could also miss the start of the next series if Golden State
takes care of business against the Nuggets.

“It’s a huge loss for us,” coach Steve Kerr said after shootaround.
“He’s a guy who has been through everything and seen it all in his
career and played in a million playoff games for us, knows exactly
what’s going on and we can use him in a variety of ways. Played him at
the small-ball five last game, he’s one of our best passers, one of our
best defenders, so it’s a big loss.”

Iguodala being sidelined could pave the way for Jonathan Kuminga to play
more in this series. The rookie didn’t play meaningful minutes in this
series until the second quarter of Game 4. In 11 minutes, Kuminga scored
nine points on 3-of-4 shooting.

“Just depends on how the game is gonna go,” Kerr said. “We just have to
get a feel for everything, and I think one of the things we talked about
when the playoffs started is that we didn’t have our whole group during
the regular season. So we didn’t have tested lineups, we were going to
have to mix-and-match and I think that’s going to be the case now. We
have to feel each game and figure out what we need and go with our gut.”

Iguodala, 38, missed 19 games in the second half of the season with a
lower back injury before returning for the final two weeks of the season.

In three postseason games, Iguodala is averaging 1.3 points, 2.3
rebounds and 2.3 assists, playing roughly 14 minutes off the bench.

--
Madeline Kenney | Warriors reporter