From: ala...@yahoo.com (Allen)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: BANG/Simon: Warriors-Nuggets live updates: Warriors hang on to knock
off Nuggets, advance to next round
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 15:53:41 -0700
 by: Allen - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 22:53 UTC

Warriors-Nuggets live updates: Warriors hang on to knock off Nuggets,
advance to next round
Steph Curry's 30 points help lead Warriors to close win over Nuggets and
a first round playoff series win
>DENVER, COLORADO – APRIL 24: Golden State Warriors’ Klay Thompson (11)
loses the ball against Denver Nuggets’ JaMychal Green (0) and Denver
Nuggets’ Bryn Forbes (6) in the second quarter of Game 4 of the team’s
NBA basketball first-round playoff series at Ball Arena in Denver,
Colo., on Sunday, April 24, 2022. (Nhat V. Meyer/Bay Area News Group)
>DENVER, COLORADO – APRIL 24: Golden State Warriors’ Klay Thompson (11)
loses the ball against Denver Nuggets’ JaMychal Green (0) and Denver
Nuggets’ Bryn Forbes (6) in the second quarter of Game 4 of the team’s
NBA basketball first-round playoff series at Ball Arena in Denver,
Colo., on Sunday, April 24, 2022. (Nhat V. Meyer/Bay Area News Group)
By ALEX SIMON | asimon@bayareanewsgroup.com | Bay Area News Group
PUBLISHED: April 27, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. | UPDATED: April 27, 2022 at 9:35
p.m.
https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2022/04/27/warriors-nuggets-live-updates-dubs-look-to-close-out-at-home/

To view the live updates on your mobile device click here.

GAME ESSENTIALS: Nuggets (48-34) vs. Warriors (53-29), at 7 p.m. (PT).
TV: TNT

ODDS: Warriors -9. OVER/UNDER: 226.

SERIES: Warriors lead series 3-1. LAST PLAYOFF MEETING: Warriors won
2013 first-round series 4-2.

The Warriors couldn’t finish off the sweep of the Nuggets on Sunday, but
they’ll get another shot on Wednesday, and this time on their home floor.

Denver survived to see another game thanks to a strong outside shooting
night and some Golden State defensive miscues. Fouls were also called
early and often all afternoon on Sunday.

But the Warriors kept it close and nearly pulled off the sweep anyway,
behind 33 points from Steph Curry and 32 points from Klay Thompson. If
their third guard, Jordan Poole, can score closer to his 28.7-point
average from the first three games instead of the 11 he scored in Game
4, the Warriors should be in good shape.

>RELATED ARTICLES
Watch: Steph Curry and daughter Ryan do secret handshake to celebrate
Warriors’ win
Kurtenbach: The Warriors can’t become taller, so they’ll have to
elevate their game
Steph Curry leads Warriors to first playoff series win since 2019:
‘We hopefully have a lot left to do’
Kurtenbach: The Warriors gave us every reason to believe — and a few
reasons to doubt — in their first-round win
‘Unfazed’ Gary Payton II surprises with clutch shooting to seal
Warriors’ clincher

Denver showed its greatest degree of desperation in Game 4, but they
still need to win three times on the road — and no NBA team has ever
come back from a 3-0 series deficit.

The winner of this series will face the winner of the matchup between
the No. 2 seed Grizzlies and No. 7 Timberwolves. Thanks to a last-second
driving layup from Ja Morant, Memphis won Game 5 on Tuesday night, and
with Game 6 coming on Friday, the second-round series won’t start until
at least next Sunday, May 1 — and the Warriors, with a win on Wednesday,
could get some rest.

Follow along as reporters Madeline Kenney and Shayna Rubin and columnist
Dieter Kurtenbach break down Game 5.

[about 50 tweets, many with video clips or pics -AL]

--
Alex Simon