From: ala...@yahoo.com (Allen)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: BANG: Photos: Warriors beat Nuggets to advance to Western Conference
semifinals
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 16:01:50 -0700
 by: Allen - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 23:01 UTC

Photos: Golden State Warriors beat Denver Nuggets to advance to Western
Conference semifinals
Warriors have strong fourth quarter for 102-98 win
By JANE TYSKA | jtyska@bayareanewsgroup.com, RAY CHAVEZ |
rchavez@bayareanewsgroup.com and NHAT MEYER |
nmeyer@bayareanewsgroup.com | Bay Area News Group
PUBLISHED: April 27, 2022 at 11:04 p.m. | UPDATED: April 28, 2022 at
4:48 a.m.
https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2022/04/27/photos-golden-state-warriors-beat-denver-nuggets-to-advance-to-western-conference-semifinals/

>SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA – APRIL 27: Golden State Warriors’ Stephen
Curry (30) and Denver Nuggets’ Nikola Jokic (15) talk each other after
the Warriors won and eliminated the Nuggets in Game 5 of their NBA first
round playoff series at Chase Center in San Francisco, Calif., on
Wednesday, April 27, 2022. (Ray Chavez/Bay Area News Group)
>SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA – APRIL 27: Golden State Warriors’ Stephen
Curry (30) and Denver Nuggets’ Nikola Jokic (15) talk each other after
the Warriors won and eliminated the Nuggets in Game 5 of their NBA first
round playoff series at Chase Center in San Francisco, Calif., on
Wednesday, April 27, 2022. (Ray Chavez/Bay Area News Group)

The Warriors going to the Western Conference semifinals for the first
time in three years.

Stephen Curry led the way with 30 points and Gary Payton II scored 10 of
his 15 points in the fourth quarter to seal the win.

Klay Thompson added 15 points and Andrew Wiggins had 12. Jordan Poole,
who built off his hot finish to the regular season in the first three
playoff games, once again struggled as the Nuggets applied more pressure
to the third-year guard. He scored just eight points in 26 minutes,
going 3-of-10 from the field and 1-of-4 from three-point territory.

The Warriors will face the winner of the matchup between the
second-seeded Memphis Grizzlies and seventh-seeded Minnesota Timberwolves.

Bay Area News Group’s Madeline Kenney contributed to this report.

[Pics:]

SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA – APRIL 27: Golden State Warriors’ Klay
Thompson (11) lays up a basket against Denver Nuggets’ Jeff Green (32)
in the first quarter of Game 5 of their NBA first round playoff series
at Chase Center in San Francisco, Calif., on Wednesday, April 27, 2022.
(Ray Chavez/Bay Area News Group)

SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA – APRIL 27: Golden State Warriors’ Jordan
Poole (3) heads to the basket against Denver Nuggets’ Nikola Jokić (15)
and Denver Nuggets’ Bones Hyland (3) in the first quarter of Game 5 of
the team’s NBA basketball first-round playoff series at the Chase Center
in San Francisco, Calif., on Wednesday, April 27, 2022. (Nhat V.
Meyer/Bay Area News Group)

SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA – APRIL 27: Golden State Warriors’ Stephen
Curry (30) makes shot against the Denver Nuggets in the first quarter of
Game 5 of their NBA first round playoff series at Chase Center in San
Francisco, Calif., on Wednesday, April 27, 2022. (Ray Chavez/Bay Area
News Group)

SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA – APRIL 27: Golden State Warriors’ Kevon
Looney (5) and Golden State Warriors’ Draymond Green (23) fight for a
rebound against Denver Nuggets’ Nikola Jokić (15) in the first quarter
of Game 5 of the team’s NBA basketball first-round playoff series at the
Chase Center in San Francisco, Calif., on Wednesday, April 27, 2022.
(Nhat V. Meyer/Bay Area News Group)

SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA – APRIL 27: Golden State Warriors’ Jordan
Poole (3) dribbles around Denver Nuggets’ Aaron Gordon (50) in the first
quarter of Game 5 of their NBA first round playoff series at Chase
Center in San Francisco, Calif., on Wednesday, April 27, 2022. (Ray
Chavez/Bay Area News Group)

SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA – APRIL 27: Golden State Warriors’ Andrew
Wiggins (22) takes a shot against Denver Nuggets’ Nikola Jokić (15) in
the second quarter of Game 5 of the team’s NBA basketball first-round
playoff series at the Chase Center in San Francisco, Calif., on
Wednesday, April 27, 2022. (Nhat V. Meyer/Bay Area News Group)

SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA – APRIL 27: Golden State Warriors’ Jordan
Poole (3) dribbles around Denver Nuggets’ Facundo Campazzo (7) in the
second quarter of Game 5 of their NBA first round playoff series at
Chase Center in San Francisco, Calif., on Wednesday, April 27, 2022.
(Ray Chavez/Bay Area News Group)

SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA – APRIL 27: Golden State Warriors’ Stephen
Curry (30) takes a shot against Denver Nuggets’ Nikola Jokić (15) in the
first quarter of Game 5 of the team’s NBA basketball first-round playoff
series at the Chase Center in San Francisco, Calif., on Wednesday, April
27, 2022. (Nhat V. Meyer/Bay Area News Group)

SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA – APRIL 27: Golden State Warriors’ Otto Porter
Jr. (32) lays up a three-point basket against the Denver Nuggets in the
fourth quarter of Game 5 of their NBA first round playoff series at
Chase Center in San Francisco, Calif., on Wednesday, April 27, 2022.
(Ray Chavez/Bay Area News Group)

SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA – APRIL 27: Denver Nuggets’ DeMarcus Cousins
(4) checks on Denver Nuggets’ Bones Hyland (3) after a play against the
Golden State Warriors in the fourth quarter of Game 5 of the team’s NBA
basketball first-round playoff series at the Chase Center in San
Francisco, Calif., on Wednesday, April 27, 2022. (Nhat V. Meyer/Bay Area
News Group)

SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA – APRIL 27: Golden State Warriors’ Klay
Thompson (11) makes a basket against Denver Nuggets’ Nikola Jokic (15)
in the fourth quarter of Game 5 of their NBA first round playoff series
at Chase Center in San Francisco, Calif., on Wednesday, April 27, 2022.
(Ray Chavez/Bay Area News Group)

SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA – APRIL 27: Golden State Warriors’ Stephen
Curry (30) celebrates his basket against the Denver Nuggets in the
fourth quarter of Game 5 of the team’s NBA basketball first-round
playoff series at the Chase Center in San Francisco, Calif., on
Wednesday, April 27, 2022. (Nhat V. Meyer/Bay Area News Group)

SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA – APRIL 27: Golden State Warriors’ Gary Payton
II (0) makes a shot against the Denver Nuggets in the fourth quarter of
Game 5 of their NBA first round playoff series at Chase Center in San
Francisco, Calif., on Wednesday, April 27, 2022. (Ray Chavez/Bay Area
News Group)

SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA – APRIL 27: Golden State Warriors’ Stephen
Curry (30) fights for a loose ball against Denver Nuggets’ Nikola Jokić
(15) in the second quarter of Game 5 of the team’s NBA basketball
first-round playoff series at the Chase Center in San Francisco, Calif.,
on Wednesday, April 27, 2022. (Nhat V. Meyer/Bay Area News Group)

SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA – APRIL 27: Golden State Warriors’ Jordan
Poole (3) passes the ball against the Denver Nuggets in the second
quarter of Game 5 of their NBA first round playoff series at Chase
Center in San Francisco, Calif., on Wednesday, April 27, 2022. (Ray
Chavez/Bay Area News Group)

SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA – APRIL 27: Golden State Warriors’ Stephen
Curry (30) celebrates a play in front of Denver Nuggets’ DeMarcus
Cousins (4) late in the fourth quarter of Game 5 of the team’s NBA
basketball first-round playoff series at the Chase Center in San
Francisco, Calif., on Wednesday, April 27, 2022. (Nhat V. Meyer/Bay Area
News Group)

SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA – APRIL 27: Golden State Warriors’ Andrew
Wiggins (22) defends against Denver Nuggets’ Monte Morris (11) in the
first quarter of Game 5 of the team’s NBA basketball first-round playoff
series at the Chase Center in San Francisco, Calif., on Wednesday, April
27, 2022. (Nhat V. Meyer/Bay Area News Group)

SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA – APRIL 27: Denver Nuggets’ Nikola Jokic (15)
spits his mouthpiece in frustration against the Golden State Warriors in
the last minutes of Game 5 of their NBA first round playoff series at
Chase Center in San Francisco, Calif., on Wednesday, April 27, 2022.
(Ray Chavez/Bay Area News Group)

SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA – APRIL 27: Golden State Warriors’ Draymond
Green (23) forces a turnover against Denver Nuggets’ Will Barton (5) in
the third quarter of Game 5 of the team’s NBA basketball first-round
playoff series at the Chase Center in San Francisco, Calif., on
Wednesday, April 27, 2022. (Nhat V. Meyer/Bay Area News Group)

SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA – APRIL 27: Golden State Warriors’ Otto Porter
Jr. (32) celebrates his three-point basket against the Denver Nuggets in
the fourth quarter of Game 5 of their NBA first round playoff series at
Chase Center in San Francisco, Calif., on Wednesday, April 27, 2022.
(Ray Chavez/Bay Area News Group)

SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA – APRIL 27: Denver Nuggets’ DeMarcus Cousins
(4) heads to the basket against Golden State Warriors’ Klay Thompson
(11) and Golden State Warriors’ Otto Porter Jr. (32) in the second
quarter of Game 5 of the team’s NBA basketball first-round playoff
series at the Chase Center in San Francisco, Calif., on Wednesday, April
27, 2022. (Nhat V. Meyer/Bay Area News Group)

SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA – APRIL 27: Golden State Warriors’ Stephen
Curry (30) and Golden State Warriors’ Jordan Poole (3) celebrate their
win against the Denver Nuggets in Game 5 of their NBA first round
playoff series at Chase Center in San Francisco, Calif., on Wednesday,
April 27, 2022. (Ray Chavez/Bay Area News Group)

Click here to read the complete article