From: ala...@yahoo.com (Allen)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Kenney:_Warriors:_Klay_Thompson_‘good_to_go
’_for_Game_2_vs._Grizzlies_after_experiencing_knee_sore
ness
Date: Wed, 4 May 2022 15:29:09 -0700
 by: Allen - Wed, 4 May 2022 22:29 UTC

Warriors: Klay Thompson ‘good to go’ for Game 2 vs. Grizzlies after
experiencing knee soreness
Klay Thompson is expected to play Game 2 of the Western Conference
Semifinals Tuesday after being listed as probable on the Warriors'
injury report one day prior.
>MEMPHIS, TENNESSEE – MAY 2: Golden State Warriors’ Klay Thompson (11)
takes a shot during practice the day before Game 2 of an NBA basketball
second-round Western Conference playoff series at the FedEx Forum in
Memphis, Tenn., on Monday, May 2, 2022. (Nhat V. Meyer/Bay Area News Group)
>MEMPHIS, TENNESSEE – MAY 2: Golden State Warriors’ Klay Thompson (11)
takes a shot during practice the day before Game 2 of an NBA basketball
second-round Western Conference playoff series at the FedEx Forum in
Memphis, Tenn., on Monday, May 2, 2022. (Nhat V. Meyer/Bay Area News Group)
By MADELINE KENNEY | mkenney@bayareanewsgroup.com | Bay Area News Group
PUBLISHED: May 3, 2022 at 12:28 p.m. | UPDATED: May 3, 2022 at 5:11 p.m.
https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2022/05/03/warriors-klay-thompson-good-to-go-for-game-2-vs-grizzlies-after-experiencing-knee-soreness/

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Klay Thompson is expected to play Game 2 of the Western
Conference Semifinals Tuesday night after being listed as probable on
the Warriors’ injury report one day prior.

Thompson, 32, banged his right knee during the Warriors’ Game 1 victory
on Sunday, though the Golden State star couldn’t pinpoint exactly when
the injury occured. There was a moment in the second half when Thompson
was slow to get up and appeared to have grabbed his knee in pain, though
he didn’t exit the game at the time.

Thompson said the soreness in his knee flared up Monday, though he’s
“feeling really good” now. He was spotted wearing a compression sleeve
on his right leg at shootaround in Memphis Tuesday morning, but seemed
to be going through his normal shooting routine without any issues.

“He’s good to go,” coach Steve Kerr said after shootaround.

That’s good news for the Warriors who certainly need Thompson in order
to be successful. It’s also a huge sigh of relief since Thompson
suffered two serious injuries that sidelined him for almost three years.

Thompson had surgery on his left knee after tearing his ACL in Game 6 of
the 2019 NBA Finals. He then ruptured his right Achilles tendon the
following year.

>RELATED ARTICLES
Kurtenbach: The Warriors need more from Klay Thompson to beat the
Grizzlies
Bruised Warriors look to rebound from Game 2 loss without their ace
defensive guard
NBA rulebook: What’s the difference between Flagrant 1 and Flagrant 2?
Kurtenbach: Warriors need to make Grizzlies pay for dirty play
Draymond Green responds to booing fans after injury: ‘It felt really
good to flip them off’

Thompson said he’s expecting the Grizzlies to be much more physical in
Game 2 and said he puts in more time on the training table and in the
weight room to maintain his body during the grueling playoffs than
previous years.

“We’re not like the Grizzlies, we can’t just show up and hoop like we
once did before so,” Thompson said. “We gotta just cover all our bases,
and so for myself it’s about nutrition, recovery and being in peak fitness.”

Thompson scored 15 points on 6-of-19 shooting in the Warriors’ thrilling
117-116 win on Monday. He made the game-winning 3-pointer late in the
fourth quarter, though he uncharacteristically missed a pair of free
throws that would’ve added a cushion to the Warriors’ small lead. The
errors at the foul line ultimately didn’t matter because Thompson and
Gary Payton II got a key stop on a driving Ja Morant as the game clock
expired.

Thompson is averaging 21.3 points while shooting 47.1% from the field
and 43.1% from three-point range in six postseason games this year.

Meanwhile, Andre Iguodala, who’s been out for about a week with a neck
injury, is slated to be reevaluated Wednesday. The veteran has been
sidelined since Game 5 of the Warriors’ first-round series against the
Denver Nuggets.

--
Madeline Kenney | Warriors reporter

sport / alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors / Kenney: Warriors: Klay Thompson ‘good to go’ for Game 2 vs. Grizzlies after experiencing knee soreness