From: ala...@yahoo.com (Allen)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Kenney:_Warriors:_Steph_Curry_applauds_Jonathan_Kumin
ga’s_ability_to_contribute_during_playoffs
Date: Wed, 4 May 2022 15:32:29 -0700
 by: Allen - Wed, 4 May 2022 22:32 UTC

Warriors: Steph Curry applauds Jonathan Kuminga’s ability to contribute
during playoffs
At the start of the playoffs, Jonathan Kuminga had to remind himself to
be patient and know that his number will eventually be called.
>MEMPHIS, TENNESSEE – MAY 1: Golden State Warriors’ Jonathan Kuminga
(00) dunks the ball against the Memphis Grizzlies in the second quarter
of Game 1 of the team’s NBA basketball second-round playoff series at
the FedEx Forum in Memphis, Tenn., on Sunday, May 1, 2022. (Nhat V.
Meyer/Bay Area News Group)
>MEMPHIS, TENNESSEE – MAY 1: Golden State Warriors’ Jonathan Kuminga
(00) dunks the ball against the Memphis Grizzlies in the second quarter
of Game 1 of the team’s NBA basketball second-round playoff series at
the FedEx Forum in Memphis, Tenn., on Sunday, May 1, 2022. (Nhat V.
Meyer/Bay Area News Group)
By MADELINE KENNEY | mkenney@bayareanewsgroup.com | Bay Area News Group
PUBLISHED: May 3, 2022 at 4:04 p.m. | UPDATED: May 3, 2022 at 4:53 p.m.
https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2022/05/03/warriors-steph-curry-applauds-jonathan-kumingas-ability-to-contribute-during-playoffs/

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — At the start of the playoffs, Jonathan Kuminga had to
remind himself to be patient and know that his number would eventually
be called.

And when that time did come, he was confident he would be ready.

Entering Game 2 of the Western Conference Semifinals against the
Grizzlies Tuesday night, Kuminga has played in five of the Warriors’ six
postseason games. He had his best overall effort in Game 1 on Sunday,
scoring six points and grabbing six rebounds in 15 minutes.

“It’s been great,” Kuminga said Tuesday after shootaround. “It’s a lot
of learning, it’s a lot going on at the same time… I’ve never played
playoffs but I feel like I’m ready. Anytime they put me out there, every
day I play, I feel like I’m ready and I’m producing something to help
the team.”

Kuminga’s maturity and composure on the big stage has impressed coach
Steve Kerr and his teammates. In fact, Stephen Curry said he couldn’t
imagine what it’s like to be not only playing in the NBA playoffs at the
ripe age of 19 but also making an impact as Kuminga has.

“It’s the irrational confidence maybe you have in yourself that you’re
ready for anything even at that age,” Curry said. “That’s the key to him
just getting even to this point and I hope that never changes because
he’s shown that he can come in and provide amazing impact, still has a
crazy ton of room to grow so it’s pretty impressive.”

The biggest takeaway for Kuminga through six playoff games is the
importance of focusing on the details and not to overthink the game.

“Just go out there, execute everything, be sharp with everything you’re
doing,” Kuminga said.

Kerr has been pleased with the rookie, who’s averaging four points in
five playoff games while shooting 63.6% from the field.

“It’s great experience for him, every bit of this,” Kerr said. He’s
experiencing “the amount of work and preparation, the importance of
every possession, the importance of every detail, and for him to be out
there and feel the mistakes, feel the success, feel the corrections the
next day, just go through the whole exercise, he’s going to be so far
along by the time next season starts, next year’s playoffs come, this
will be old hat for him, but you have to really go through it to
understand.”

>RELATED ARTICLES
Kurtenbach: The Warriors need more from Klay Thompson to beat the
Grizzlies
Bruised Warriors look to rebound from Game 2 loss without their ace
defensive guard
NBA rulebook: What’s the difference between Flagrant 1 and Flagrant 2?
Kurtenbach: Warriors need to make Grizzlies pay for dirty play
Draymond Green responds to booing fans after injury: ‘It felt really
good to flip them off’

- Iguodala update

Andre Iguodala is expected to be reevaluated Wednesday after a neck
injury has sidelined him for the last week.

Iguodala, who’s been out with a left cervical disc injury, missed the
Warriors’ series-ending Game 5 win against the Denver Nuggets as well as
the first two games of the series against the Grizzlies.

The Warriors previously said Iguodala’s injury is linked to the neck
spasms that disabled Iguodala for Game 2 of the first-round series.

Iguodala, 38, missed 19 games in the second half of the season with a
lower back injury before returning for the final two weeks of the
season. In three postseason games, he’s averaging 1.3 points, 2.3
rebounds and 2.3 assists, playing roughly 14 minutes off the bench.

--
Madeline Kenney | Warriors reporter