From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Yahoo Sports: NBA fines Draymond Green $25K for flipping double bird
at Grizzlies fans
Date: Thu, 5 May 2022 16:22:35 -0400
Firefox/68.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.11.1
 by: Robin Miller - Thu, 5 May 2022 20:22 UTC

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-fines-draymond-green-25-k-flipping-double-bird-grizzlies-fans-192517501.html

Yahoo Sports

NBA fines Draymond Green $25K for flipping double bird at Grizzlies fans

Jack Baer·Writer
Thu, May 5, 2022, 3:25 PM

Draymond Green didn't appreciate his Memphis Grizzlies fans booing him
after an injury. The NBA didn't appreciate his response.

The league hit the Golden State Warriors forward with a $25,000 fine for
"directing an obscene gesture toward the spectator stands" during Game 2
of the Warriors' second-round series against Memphis. That "obscene
gesture" would be Green flashing the double bird at Grizzlies fans who
were booing him as he walked to the locker room.
This content is not available due to your privacy preferences.
Update your settings here to see it.

The incident occurred early in the first quarter of Game 2, just seconds
after Grizzlies guard Dillon Brooks knocked out the Warriors' Gary
Payton II for the series with a hard foul that resulted in a fractured
elbow.

Green was lunging for a loose ball alongside Memphis forward Xavier
Tillman, who swung his left arm out and caught Green in the face with a
hard elbow. Green immediately fell to the floor while play continued,
with no foul called on the play. Once the Warriors were able to call
timeout, Green left for the locker room with a bloodied right eye.

On his way out, Green, who was ejected from Game 1 on a Flagrant 2 foul,
decided to send a message to Memphis fans:
This content is not available due to your privacy preferences.
Update your settings here to see it.

Green returned to the game at the start of the second quarter,
eventually posting six points, 10 rebounds and seven assists in a
106-101 loss that tied the series.

After the game, Green wasn't exactly contrite. He said Grizzlies fans
deserved to be flipped off for booing an injured player, said it "felt
really good" to do it and noted how a low five-figure fine is pocket
change for a player with his salary:

“You’re going to boo somebody who got elbowed in the eye and has
blood running down his face, you should get flipped off. I’ll take the
fine. I'll go do an appearance and make up the money. It felt really
good to flip them off.

"You're going to to boo someone who got elbowed in the eye and has
blood running down [his] face? I could have had a concussion or
anything. So if they're going to be that nasty, I can be nasty too. I'm
assuming the cheers were because they knew I would get fined. Great, I
make $25 million a year, I should be just fine."

Green's fine wasn't the largest disciplined levied for Game 2, as Brooks
was suspended for Game 3 due to his foul on Payton.

Game 3 is scheduled for 5:30 p.m. PT on Saturday in San Francisco, where
the Warriors are 6.5-point favorites to take a 2-1 lead in the series
according to BetMGM.