From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: League refuses to reduce Green's Flagrant Foul 2
Date: Mon, 2 May 2022 19:25:13 -0400
Firefox/68.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.11.1
 by: Robin Miller - Mon, 2 May 2022 23:25 UTC

Shams Charania @ShamsCharania

Warriors star Draymond Green’s Flagrant Foul 2 in Game 1 will not be
reduced by the NBA, league spokesperson tells me and @anthonyVsl

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1521167475383091204

Re: League refuses to reduce Green's Flagrant Foul 2

<t4q9eb$l5e$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3802&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#3802

From: ala...@yahoo.com (Allen)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Date: Mon, 2 May 2022 21:01:12 -0700
 by: Allen - Tue, 3 May 2022 04:01 UTC

On 5/2/2022 4:25 PM, Robin Miller wrote:

> Shams Charania  @ShamsCharania
>
> Warriors star Draymond Green’s Flagrant Foul 2 in Game 1 will not be
> reduced by the NBA, league spokesperson tells me and @anthonyVsl
>
> https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1521167475383091204

Frankly, I'm torn. Most everyone in the basketball world (i.e. the TV
announcers, players, local sports reporters) think Flagrant 2 was
bullsh*t. And I agree with that.

OTOH I also blame Draymond for being something of a walking rage
monster, who seemingly says "I can't be me without rage, I can't be
intense without rage." Well he's got several examples on his team of
guys who are able to be intensely competitive and driven while at the
same time controlling their emotions. What's Draymond's problem? I hope
he can avoid another 1-game suspension at a critical time in a series,
like last time (I forget the year).

Re: League refuses to reduce Green's Flagrant Foul 2

<t51ckb$h0a$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3822&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#3822

From: farberbe...@aol.com (David Farber)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Date: Thu, 5 May 2022 13:38:36 -0700
 by: David Farber - Thu, 5 May 2022 20:38 UTC

On 5/2/2022 9:01 PM, Allen wrote:
> On 5/2/2022 4:25 PM, Robin Miller wrote:
>>

>> Shams Charania  @ShamsCharania
>>
>> Warriors star Draymond Green’s Flagrant Foul 2 in Game 1 will not be
>> reduced by the NBA, league spokesperson tells me and @anthonyVsl
>>
>> https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1521167475383091204
>>

> Frankly, I'm torn. Most everyone in the basketball world (i.e. the TV
> announcers, players, local sports reporters) think Flagrant 2 was
> bullsh*t. And I agree with that.
>
> OTOH I also blame Draymond for being something of a walking rage
> monster, who seemingly says "I can't be me without rage, I can't be
> intense without rage." Well he's got several examples on his team of
> guys who are able to be intensely competitive and driven while at the
> same time controlling their emotions. What's Draymond's problem? I hope
> he can avoid another 1-game suspension at a critical time in a series,
> like last time (I forget the year).
Allen,
That is a spot-on analysis of how Draymond handles his frustrations.
Do you remember way back to the latter half of the '90's when MJ and
Pippen tackled Dennis Rodman to prevent him from further escalating a
heated situation against the Lakers?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbO6EBgWntI
Would teammates in today's NBA ever get involved in a takedown like that?
--
David Farber
Los Osos, CA

Re: League refuses to reduce Green's Flagrant Foul 2

<jdj3eiFha8iU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3823&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#3823

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Date: Thu, 5 May 2022 19:03:41 -0400
 by: Robin Miller - Thu, 5 May 2022 23:03 UTC

David Farber wrote:
> On 5/2/2022 9:01 PM, Allen wrote:
>> On 5/2/2022 4:25 PM, Robin Miller wrote:
>>>

>>> Shams Charania  @ShamsCharania
>>>
>>> Warriors star Draymond Green’s Flagrant Foul 2 in Game 1 will not be
>>> reduced by the NBA, league spokesperson tells me and @anthonyVsl
>>>
>>> https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1521167475383091204
>>>

>> Frankly, I'm torn. Most everyone in the basketball world (i.e. the TV
>> announcers, players, local sports reporters) think Flagrant 2 was
>> bullsh*t. And I agree with that.
>>
>> OTOH I also blame Draymond for being something of a walking rage
>> monster, who seemingly says "I can't be me without rage, I can't be
>> intense without rage." Well he's got several examples on his team of
>> guys who are able to be intensely competitive and driven while at the
>> same time controlling their emotions. What's Draymond's problem? I
>> hope he can avoid another 1-game suspension at a critical time in a
>> series, like last time (I forget the year).
>
> Allen,
>
> That is a spot-on analysis of how Draymond handles his frustrations.
>
> Do you remember way back to the latter half of the '90's when MJ and
> Pippen tackled Dennis Rodman to prevent him from further escalating a
> heated situation against the Lakers?
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbO6EBgWntI
>
> Would teammates in today's NBA ever get involved in a takedown like that?
> --
> David Farber
> Los Osos, CA

Well, one thing is that Rodman was third in the pecking order on that
team. Green, I would say, is 1B to Steph's 1A on the Warriors. That
makes it more difficult.

--Robin