From 0 to "what seems to be the problem officer" in 8.3 seconds. -- Ad for the new VW Corrado

sport / alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors / Simon: As First Take debates Steph Curry’s legacy, Stephen A. says he’s high on Warriors potential

SubjectAuthor
o Simon: As First Take debates Steph Curry’s legaAllen

1
Simon: As First Take debates Steph Curry’s legacy, Stephen A. says he’s high on Warriors potential

<t57icb$p8u$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3831&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#3831

From: ala...@yahoo.com (Allen)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Simon:_As_First_Take_debates_Steph_Curry’s_lega
cy,_Stephen_A._says_he’s_high_on_Warriors_potential
Date: Sat, 7 May 2022 21:53:35 -0700
 by: Allen - Sun, 8 May 2022 04:53 UTC

As First Take debates Steph Curry’s legacy, Stephen A. says he’s high on
Warriors potential
In back-and-forth about if Steph Curry needs another title, Stephen A.
Smith said he's bullish of Golden State Warriors title chances for
multiple years
>SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA – APRIL 27: Golden State Warriors’ Stephen
Curry (30) chews his mouthpiece in the third quarter of Game 5 of their
NBA first round playoff series against the Denver Nuggets at Chase
Center in San Francisco, Calif., on Wednesday, April 27, 2022. (Ray
Chavez/Bay Area News Group)
>SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA – APRIL 27: Golden State Warriors’ Stephen
Curry (30) chews his mouthpiece in the third quarter of Game 5 of their
NBA first round playoff series against the Denver Nuggets at Chase
Center in San Francisco, Calif., on Wednesday, April 27, 2022. (Ray
Chavez/Bay Area News Group)
By ALEX SIMON | asimon@bayareanewsgroup.com | Bay Area News Group
PUBLISHED: May 6, 2022 at 11:57 a.m. | UPDATED: May 6, 2022 at 11:58 a.m.
https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2022/05/06/as-first-take-debates-steph-currys-legacy-stephen-a-says-hes-high-on-warriors-potential/

It was a question to fill a segment on ESPN’s First Take, even if it
drew immediate eye-rolls from Stephen A. Smith and host Molly Qerim. But
Smith and longtime NBA player Kendrick Perkins debated it anyway: Does
Steph Curry need another title to solidify legacy?

Yes, that is the question they asked of the two-time Most Valuable
Player (and only unanimous winner of the award) and three-time champion
on Friday morning ahead of Game 3 of the Western Conference semifinals
on Saturday.

Perkins brought up a tried-and-true point that many Warriors and Curry
critics have brought up over the years, which is the lack of a Finals
MVP trophy win on Curry’s resume. Perkins acknowledged that Curry is an
“all-time great” but argued that Curry is not a Top 10 player as of now.

But Perkins also said that no, he doesn’t “need” a title, and Smith said
that, too — especially since he believes Curry is “the greatest shooter
ever.”

“I think that’s enough,” Smith said. “The fact that you’re a champion,
that you aren’t a weak link to your team, that you didn’t fall off the
mat once the postseason arrived. And on top of it all, you’re recognized
as the greatest shooter that ever lived. I think that’s enough. And I
don’t think he needs an MVP in the Finals to solidify that.”

Perhaps the most surprising thing said on First Take, though, is how
bullish Smith is about Golden State’s championship potential right now
and for the next few years, when Curry would still be at or near his
peak (health-permitting).

“I think the Warriors are gonna win two titles in the next three years,”
Smith said. “When you talk Wiseman coming back, when you talk about
Kuminga developing…”

>RELATED ARTICLES
Grizzlies coach calls out Jordan Poole for Ja Morant’s knee injury
Warriors take series lead vs. Grizzlies after dominant Game 3 win
Without Payton, Warriors reveal starting lineup for Game 3 against
Memphis
Warriors-Grizzlies live updates: Warriors put on historic offensive
onslaught to win Game 3
Warriors: Can Chase Center become “Roaracle” in time to help beat
Grizzlies?

Perkins and Qerim both pushed back at Smith at this point, especially on
the second-year center’s availability. But Smith went on, “Any big dude
that can give them 15, 20 minutes and six fouls. That’s all that they
need. That’s all they need. They don’t need anything else.”

That would, of course, give Curry more chances at winning that Finals
MVP trophy that Perkins seems to think Curry is missing. But Smith knows
the truth of the criticism, too — and seems to be on Curry’s side.

“He can win a Finals MVP and there are still gonna be people that have
questions about his legacy,” Smith said.

Especially when debate shows need to find something to talk about.

--
Alex Simon