From: ala...@yahoo.com (Allen)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Kenney:_Warriors_assistant_Brown_will_be_Kings’
_next_head_coach,_per_report
Date: Sun, 8 May 2022 21:17:47 -0700
 by: Allen - Mon, 9 May 2022 04:17 UTC

I have mixed feelings: OTOH "good for him!" OTOH "oh no, he's going to
the Sacramento coach-eating monster. -A:

Warriors assistant Brown will be Kings’ next head coach, per report
Mike Brown agrees to 4-year deal to leave Warriors for Sacramento Kings,
ESPN's Woj reports
>Golden State Warriors assistant coach Mike Brown prepares to shoot a
ball during a practice session before the start of Game 4 of their NBA
second round playoff series at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas on
Monday, May 6, 2019. (Jose Carlos Fajardo/Bay Area News Group)
>Golden State Warriors assistant coach Mike Brown prepares to shoot a
ball during a practice session before the start of Game 4 of their NBA
second round playoff series at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas on
Monday, May 6, 2019. (Jose Carlos Fajardo/Bay Area News Group)
By MADELINE KENNEY | mkenney@bayareanewsgroup.com | Bay Area News Group
PUBLISHED: May 8, 2022 at 4:22 p.m. | UPDATED: May 8, 2022 at 5:36 p.m.
https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2022/05/08/warriors-assistant-brown-will-be-kings-next-head-coach-per-report/

Warriors associate head coach Mike Brown has his next job lined up.

After six seasons on the Golden State bench, Brown will head up I-80 to
become the Sacramento Kings’ head coach, according to a report from
ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski. The sides have reportedly agreed to a
four-year deal.

Brown, 51, succeeds Alvin Gentry, who took over for Luke Walton early
last season after he was fired following a 6-11 start. The Kings
finished 30-52, the fourth worst record in the Western Conference.

Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson was another finalist for the job.

Brown has 21 years of NBA coaching experience, including eight seasons
as a head coach. He served in that role over two stints in Cleveland
(2005-2010, 2013-14) and a year-plus with the Lakers (2013-14). He was
named the NBA’s Coach of the Year in 2007 after he guided the Cavaliers
to an Eastern Conference Championship. Brown boasts a career head
coaching record of 347-216 over eight seasons, which ranks as the
ninth-best winning percentage in NBA history among coaches who’ve
registered at least 500 games.

>RELATED ARTICLES
Warriors: Why Jonathan Kuminga thinks he’s the ‘luckiest’ player
Grizzlies coach: ‘Really good chance’ Morant misses Game 4 vs.
Warriors with knee injury
Kerr not surprised by Memphis weatherman’s tweet about Draymond
Green: ‘This is America’
Photos: Warriors dominate Grizzlies in pivotal Game 3
Photos: Warriors' dominate Game 3 win

A Columbus, Ohio, native, Brown has worked as an assistant under both
Gregg Popovich and Steve Kerr. He most recently helped guide the
Warriors to back-to-back titles in 2017 and 2018. He served as Golden
State’s acting head coach during a portion of the 2017 playoffs in place
of Kerr when he was sidelined with a back issue. Brown led the Warriors
to an 11-0 record until Kerr came back for Game 2 of the NBA Finals.

Brown is expected to finish the Warriors’ playoff run before switching
his focus to the Kings.

Sacramento is hoping Brown will be a stabilizing force and help the
franchise turn around their losing ways. The Kings haven’t made the
playoffs in 16 seasons, the longest active playoff drought in the NBA.
They also haven’t reached 40 wins in a season since 2005-06 when they
lost in the first-round of the playoffs to the San Antonio Spurs.

Though the Kings didn’t have much success this season, they’re looking
forward to continuing to build around center Domantas Sabonis and guard
De’Aaron Fox. Sacramento has one first-round pick and two second-round
picks in this year’s NBA Draft.

--
Madeline Kenney | Warriors reporter