From: ala...@yahoo.com (Allen)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Kenney: Steve Kerr enters COVID protocols ahead of Warriors-Grizzlies
Game 4
Date: Mon, 9 May 2022 18:58:26 -0700
 by: Allen - Tue, 10 May 2022 01:58 UTC

Steve Kerr enters COVID protocols ahead of Warriors-Grizzlies Game 4
Mike Brown will coach Warriors vs. Grizzlies as Steve Kerr has entered
health and safety protocols
>MEMPHIS, TENNESSEE – MAY 1: Golden State Warriors head coach Steve
Kerr reacts to a foul against the Warriors against the Memphis Grizzlies
in the second quarter of Game 1 of the team’s NBA basketball
second-round playoff series at the FedEx Forum in Memphis, Tenn., on
Sunday, May 1, 2022. (Nhat V. Meyer/Bay Area News Group)
>MEMPHIS, TENNESSEE – MAY 1: Golden State Warriors head coach Steve
Kerr reacts to a foul against the Warriors against the Memphis Grizzlies
in the second quarter of Game 1 of the team’s NBA basketball
second-round playoff series at the FedEx Forum in Memphis, Tenn., on
Sunday, May 1, 2022. (Nhat V. Meyer/Bay Area News Group)
By MADELINE KENNEY | mkenney@bayareanewsgroup.com | Bay Area News Group
PUBLISHED: May 9, 2022 at 5:31 p.m. | UPDATED: May 9, 2022 at 6:35 p.m.
https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2022/05/09/steve-kerr-enters-covid-protocols-ahead-of-warriors-grizzlies-game-4/

SAN FRANCISCO — Warriors coach Steve Kerr tested positive for COVID-19
ahead of Game 4 of the Western Conference semifinals series against the
Memphis Grizzlies.

The news of Kerr entering the league’s health and safety protocols broke
just two hours before tipoff Monday night. No one else on the Warriors’
roster or staff tested positive Monday.

Assistant coach Mike Brown will serve as the acting head coach in place
of Kerr.

Brown, who was just named the next head coach of the Sacramento Kings,
served as Golden State’s acting head coach during a portion of the 2017
playoffs when Kerr was sidelined with a back issue. He led the Warriors
to an 11-0 record until Kerr came back for Game 2 of the NBA Finals.

The NBA shortened its required isolation period for vaccinated players
and staff from 10 days to six amid the omicron spike in December. Kerr
was required to be vaccinated in order to coach the team in San
Francisco this season. It appears he’ll miss Game 5 Wednesday and Game 6
Friday but could return for Monday’s Game 7 if the series goes that far
and testing data shows he is no longer infectious.

The Warriors currently hold a 2-1 lead over the Grizzlies in the
best-of-seven series.

>RELATED ARTICLES
Grizzlies’ Ja Morant out with knee injury against Warriors in Game 4
Warriors-Grizzlies live updates: Both Kerr (health & safety
protocols) and Morant (knee) out for Game 4
Dillon Brooks on play that injured Gary Payton II: ‘If I were to take
it back, I would’
Grizzlies star Ja Morant’s status for Game 4 vs. Warriors in doubt
Warriors’ Steve Kerr on Kings hiring Mike Brown to be next head
coach: ‘Sacramento made a great choice’

Kerr started wearing a mask before Game 3 on Saturday night and
continued to sport one during media availability and at practice over
the course of the following days. His voice sounded hoarse over the last
couple of days.

Before Monday’s game, Grizzlies coach Taylor Jenkins sent his coaching
counterpart a quick text message with well wishes.

“Just want to send him my best,” Jenkins said. “Hope he gets healthy
very soon, rests up, it’s the way of the world right now, COVID is still
rampant throughout so I just want to make sure he’s doing well. I know
it’s terrible timing and stuff but hopefully his spirits are up. Just
want to send him a good note there.”

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.

Steve Kerr not surprised by Memphis weatherman’s racist tweet about
Draymond Green: ‘This is America’

--
Madeline Kenney | Warriors reporter

Re: Kenney: Steve Kerr enters COVID protocols ahead of Warriors-Grizzlies Game 4

<t5ebmc$val$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3858&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#3858

From: pol...@kfu.com (poldy)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Re: Kenney: Steve Kerr enters COVID protocols ahead of
Warriors-Grizzlies Game 4
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 11:42:20 -0700
 by: poldy - Tue, 10 May 2022 18:42 UTC

On 5/9/22 6:58 PM, Allen wrote:
> [...]
> coach: ‘Sacramento made a great choice’
>
> Kerr started wearing a mask before Game 3 on Saturday night and
> continued to sport one during media availability and at practice over
> the course of the following days. His voice sounded hoarse over the last
> couple of days.
>
> Before Monday’s game, Grizzlies coach Taylor Jenkins sent his coaching
> counterpart a quick text message with well wishes.
>
> “Just want to send him my best,” Jenkins said. “Hope he gets healthy
> very soon, rests up, it’s the way of the world right now, COVID is still
> rampant throughout so I just want to make sure he’s doing well. I know
> it’s terrible timing and stuff but hopefully his spirits are up. Just
> want to send him a good note there.”
>
> This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
>
> Steve Kerr not surprised by Memphis weatherman’s racist tweet about

Bigger worries is other players getting infected. Could be huge meaning
key players could miss 2 or more games.

--
Serenity Now!

sport / alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors / Kenney: Steve Kerr enters COVID protocols ahead of Warriors-Grizzlies Game 4