From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Hard to know how to feel after tonight's game
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 01:01:44 -0400
Firefox/68.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.11.1
 by: Robin Miller - Tue, 10 May 2022 05:01 UTC

Really glad they won, but it feels like they would have lost easily to a
better team. Memphis was without Morant and Bane was clearly hobbled.
(He hit both crazy end of the quarter threes, didn't he?)

Great tweet by Adam Lauridsen: The Warriors’ ability to play the worst
basketball imaginable and only be down by two is an odd super power.

I thought Klay had a bad game tonight.

They'll need to be much better than this for the rest of the playoffs.
Hopefully win game five and have some time off.

I wish Kuminga had gotten some more run.

--Robin

Re: Hard to know how to feel after tonight's game

<t5dtn9$ouo$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3855&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#3855

From: farberbe...@aol.com (David Farber)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Re: Hard to know how to feel after tonight's game
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 07:43:53 -0700
 by: David Farber - Tue, 10 May 2022 14:43 UTC

On 5/9/2022 10:01 PM, Robin Miller wrote:

> Really glad they won, but it feels like they would have lost easily to a
> better team. Memphis was without Morant and Bane was clearly hobbled.
> (He hit both crazy end of the quarter threes, didn't he?)
>
> Great tweet by Adam Lauridsen: The Warriors’ ability to play the worst
> basketball imaginable and only be down by two is an odd super power.
>
> I thought Klay had a bad game tonight.
>
> They'll need to be much better than this for the rest of the playoffs.
> Hopefully win game five and have some time off.
>
> I wish Kuminga had gotten some more run.
>
> --Robin

I think the Warriors game plan for this series is to barely play any
tough defense in the first quarter so as not to get anyone in foul
trouble and also to conserve energy for the second half. Their early
deficits don't seem to rattle them at all. For them to miss their first
15 3-point shots and have a final box score in which Klay, JP, D Lee and
Andrew shoot 1 for 17 from 3 is quite out of the ordinary don't you
think? If they can win with numbers like that, maybe they do have super
powers. Oh yeah, and they once again outrebounded Memphis 54-48. It was
also great that OPJ kept the ship afloat until Steph took over.
--
David Farber
Los Osos, CA

Re: Hard to know how to feel after tonight's game

<jdvnb1FtmkhU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3856&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#3856

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 13:56:46 -0400
 by: Robin Miller - Tue, 10 May 2022 17:56 UTC

David Farber wrote:
> On 5/9/2022 10:01 PM, Robin Miller wrote:
>>
>> Really glad they won, but it feels like they would have lost easily to
>> a better team. Memphis was without Morant and Bane was clearly
>> hobbled. (He hit both crazy end of the quarter threes, didn't he?)
>>
>> Great tweet by Adam Lauridsen: The Warriors’ ability to play the worst
>> basketball imaginable and only be down by two is an odd super power.
>>
>> I thought Klay had a bad game tonight.
>>
>> They'll need to be much better than this for the rest of the playoffs.
>> Hopefully win game five and have some time off.
>>
>> I wish Kuminga had gotten some more run.
>>
>> --Robin
>>
> I think the Warriors game plan for this series is to barely play any
> tough defense in the first quarter so as not to get anyone in foul
> trouble and also to conserve energy for the second half. Their early
> deficits don't seem to rattle them at all. For them to miss their first
> 15 3-point shots and have a final box score in which Klay, JP, D Lee and
> Andrew shoot 1 for 17 from 3 is quite out of the ordinary don't you
> think? If they can win with numbers like that, maybe they do have super
> powers. Oh yeah, and they once again outrebounded Memphis 54-48. It was
> also great that OPJ kept the ship afloat until Steph took over.
>
> --
> David Farber
> Los Osos, CA

I realize that the playoffs are supposed to have tough, defensive,
low-scoring games. But last night's game (and the Warriors in the
playoffs so far this season) remind me that they are not the superteam
of the dynasty years. They're going to have to really fight for it, and
victory is attainable but not assured.

--Robin

Re: Hard to know how to feel after tonight's game

<t5ebl3$val$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3857&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#3857

From: pol...@kfu.com (poldy)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 11:41:37 -0700
 by: poldy - Tue, 10 May 2022 18:41 UTC

On 5/10/22 10:56 AM, Robin Miller wrote:
> David Farber wrote:
>> On 5/9/2022 10:01 PM, Robin Miller wrote:
>>>
>>> Really glad they won, but it feels like they would have lost easily
>>> to a better team. Memphis was without Morant and Bane was clearly
>>> hobbled. (He hit both crazy end of the quarter threes, didn't he?)
>>>
>>> Great tweet by Adam Lauridsen: The Warriors’ ability to play the
>>> worst basketball imaginable and only be down by two is an odd super
>>> power.
>>>
>>> I thought Klay had a bad game tonight.
>>>
>>> They'll need to be much better than this for the rest of the
>>> playoffs. Hopefully win game five and have some time off.
>>>
>>> I wish Kuminga had gotten some more run.
>>>
>>> --Robin
>>>
>> I think the Warriors game plan for this series is to barely play any
>> tough defense in the first quarter so as not to get anyone in foul
>> trouble and also to conserve energy for the second half. Their early
>> deficits don't seem to rattle them at all. For them to miss their
>> first 15 3-point shots and have a final box score in which Klay, JP, D
>> Lee and Andrew shoot 1 for 17 from 3 is quite out of the ordinary
>> don't you think? If they can win with numbers like that, maybe they do
>> have super powers. Oh yeah, and they once again outrebounded Memphis
>> 54-48. It was also great that OPJ kept the ship afloat until Steph
>> took over.
>>
>> --
>> David Farber
>> Los Osos, CA
>

> I realize that the playoffs are supposed to have tough, defensive,
> low-scoring games. But last night's game (and the Warriors in the
> playoffs so far this season) remind me that they are not the superteam
> of the dynasty years. They're going to have to really fight for it, and
> victory is attainable but not assured.
>
> --Robin

They're older players. I don't think Curry and Klay work as hard
offball, running through gauntlets of screens and defenders to get open
as they used to.

They compete on defense but maybe expectations for Klay to be at his
all-defense level before the injuries are not there, at least this season.

Yeah maybe they're saving themselves and relaxed since Ja wasn't
playing. Or they would be pacing themselves anyways, not go hard like
the Bucks and the Celtics, who both look formidable but could be beating
themselves up.

But they missed a lot of open 3-pointers, similar to game 2, which they
reversed in game 3 and then shot poorly again in game 4.

Maybe age and injuries are catching up.

--
Serenity Now!

Re: Hard to know how to feel after tonight's game

<t5ebof$1s1g$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3859&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#3859

From: worldoff...@gmail.com (NFN Smith)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 11:43:26 -0700
 by: NFN Smith - Tue, 10 May 2022 18:43 UTC

Robin Miller wrote:

> I realize that the playoffs are supposed to have tough, defensive,
> low-scoring games. But last night's game (and the Warriors in the
> playoffs so far this season) remind me that they are not the superteam
> of the dynasty years. They're going to have to really fight for it, and
> victory is attainable but not assured.

I've seen more than one commentary (including Fast Break and GSOM) that
are pretty much agreed that it was a horrible game on everybody's part.
Warriors missing Kerr and Payton, Grizzlies missing Morant, and
everybody else out of sync. Sometimes that just happens.

The thing to do is take the W and forget how the Warriors got there.

I'm sure Game 5 should be better.

Smith