I would rather say that a desire to drive fast sports cars is what sets man apart from the animals.

sport / alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants / If The Giants finish With Winning Record..

SubjectAuthor
* If The Giants finish With Winning Record..iommiRULES
+* Re: If The Giants finish With Winning Record..jeffg...@webtv.net
|`* Re: If The Giants finish With Winning Record..iommiRULES
| `* Re: If The Giants finish With Winning Record..jeffg...@webtv.net
|  `- Re: If The Giants finish With Winning Record..iommiRULES
`* Re: If The Giants finish With Winning Record..*ernie
 `* Re: If The Giants finish With Winning Record..iommiRULES
  `- Re: If The Giants finish With Winning Record..jeffg...@webtv.net

1
If The Giants finish With Winning Record..

<0e083abb-1f8a-45be-aca2-33621a0db8f7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3858&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#3858

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2022 05:11:02 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: If The Giants finish With Winning Record..
From: gregkane...@gmail.com (iommiRULES)
 by: iommiRULES - Thu, 8 Sep 2022 12:11 UTC

.....Daboll will have to be a coach of the year candidate. This team, besides the rookies who i NEVER count on, have actually subtracted talent, not added it. So the only hope for improvement besides Thebow and Neal being All-rookie and Maybe Azeez taking a big step is that we have upgraded big time over the Joe Judge run team in coaching talent. Namely Daboll, Wink and Kaftka. Sorry i'm not gonna do cart wheels because we replaced much of the the crappy oline with a bunch of journeymen who may or may not be an improvement. On paper it looks pretty much the same crap, at least at Center and the 2 guards...

Re: If The Giants finish With Winning Record..

<32138d10-d305-4fd3-b3cb-d9f01dc64b8fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3860&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#3860

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2022 11:23:23 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: If The Giants finish With Winning Record..
From: jeffgers...@webtv.net (jeffg...@webtv.net)
 by: jeffg...@webtv.net - Thu, 8 Sep 2022 18:23 UTC

On Thursday, September 8, 2022 at 8:11:03 AM UTC-4, iommiRULES wrote:
> ....Daboll will have to be a coach of the year candidate. This team, besides the rookies who i NEVER count on, have actually subtracted talent, not added it. So the only hope for improvement besides Thebow and Neal being All-rookie and Maybe Azeez taking a big step is that we have upgraded big time over the Joe Judge run team in coaching talent. Namely Daboll, Wink and Kaftka. Sorry i'm not gonna do cart wheels because we replaced much of the the crappy oline with a bunch of journeymen who may or may not be an improvement. On paper it looks pretty much the same crap, at least at Center and the 2 guards...
At the very least we can hope that the coaching is not a clown show. Judge's meltdown last season was horrific. I do not believe Mara wanted to fire another coach after 2 years, but Judge all but forced it to happen.

Re: If The Giants finish With Winning Record..

<7982969d-b21a-40a6-890d-2e1988a9680dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3861&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#3861

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2022 18:36:56 -0700 (PDT)
From: gregkane...@gmail.com (iommiRULES)
 by: iommiRULES - Fri, 9 Sep 2022 01:36 UTC

On Thursday, September 8, 2022 at 2:23:25 PM UTC-4, jeffg...@webtv.net wrote:
> On Thursday, September 8, 2022 at 8:11:03 AM UTC-4, iommiRULES wrote:
> > ....Daboll will have to be a coach of the year candidate. This team, besides the rookies who i NEVER count on, have actually subtracted talent, not added it. So the only hope for improvement besides Thebow and Neal being All-rookie and Maybe Azeez taking a big step is that we have upgraded big time over the Joe Judge run team in coaching talent. Namely Daboll, Wink and Kaftka. Sorry i'm not gonna do cart wheels because we replaced much of the the crappy oline with a bunch of journeymen who may or may not be an improvement. On paper it looks pretty much the same crap, at least at Center and the 2 guards...
> At the very least we can hope that the coaching is not a clown show. Judge's meltdown last season was horrific. I do not believe Mara wanted to fire another coach after 2 years, but Judge all but forced it to happen.

Thats true the meltdown seemed to come AFTER he fired Garrett and everything went from bad to worse, and worse was the offense becoming a total Joke .....by pulling the trigger on Garrett to early it cost him his job. Which is cool with me because if he didnt fire him and waited he woulda got another year, which would have been a waste....but by exposing himself after the Garrett firing the writing was on the wall. He keeps Garret maybe he squeeks out a few more wins and survives.

Re: If The Giants finish With Winning Record..

<30b0eb08-1a5c-4cad-b481-d02a83741701n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3865&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#3865

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2022 09:04:13 -0700 (PDT)
From: jeffgers...@webtv.net (jeffg...@webtv.net)
 by: jeffg...@webtv.net - Fri, 9 Sep 2022 16:04 UTC

On Thursday, September 8, 2022 at 9:36:57 PM UTC-4, iommiRULES wrote:
> On Thursday, September 8, 2022 at 2:23:25 PM UTC-4, jeffg...@webtv.net wrote:
> > On Thursday, September 8, 2022 at 8:11:03 AM UTC-4, iommiRULES wrote:
> > > ....Daboll will have to be a coach of the year candidate. This team, besides the rookies who i NEVER count on, have actually subtracted talent, not added it. So the only hope for improvement besides Thebow and Neal being All-rookie and Maybe Azeez taking a big step is that we have upgraded big time over the Joe Judge run team in coaching talent. Namely Daboll, Wink and Kaftka. Sorry i'm not gonna do cart wheels because we replaced much of the the crappy oline with a bunch of journeymen who may or may not be an improvement. On paper it looks pretty much the same crap, at least at Center and the 2 guards...
> > At the very least we can hope that the coaching is not a clown show. Judge's meltdown last season was horrific. I do not believe Mara wanted to fire another coach after 2 years, but Judge all but forced it to happen.
> Thats true the meltdown seemed to come AFTER he fired Garrett and everything went from bad to worse, and worse was the offense becoming a total Joke ....by pulling the trigger on Garrett to early it cost him his job. Which is cool with me because if he didnt fire him and waited he woulda got another year, which would have been a waste....but by exposing himself after the Garrett firing the writing was on the wall. He keeps Garret maybe he squeeks out a few more wins and survives.
I do not think they could have pulled off any more wins with Glennon at quarterback even if the offensive coordinator was Vince Lombardi (and Tom Landry was the defensive coordinator.)

Re: If The Giants finish With Winning Record..

<e7c6d7e2-03d1-45dc-afdb-21128848eae6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3866&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#3866

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2022 11:33:33 -0700 (PDT)
From: gregkane...@gmail.com (iommiRULES)
 by: iommiRULES - Fri, 9 Sep 2022 18:33 UTC

On Friday, September 9, 2022 at 12:04:15 PM UTC-4, jeffg...@webtv.net wrote:
> On Thursday, September 8, 2022 at 9:36:57 PM UTC-4, iommiRULES wrote:
> > > At the very least we can hope that the coaching is not a clown show. Judge's meltdown last season was horrific. I do not believe Mara wanted to fire another coach after 2 years, but Judge all but forced it to happen.
> > Thats true the meltdown seemed to come AFTER he fired Garrett and everything went from bad to worse, and worse was the offense becoming a total Joke ....by pulling the trigger on Garrett to early it cost him his job. Which is cool with me because if he didnt fire him and waited he woulda got another year, which would have been a waste....but by exposing himself after the Garrett firing the writing was on the wall. He keeps Garret maybe he squeeks out a few more wins and survives.
> I do not think they could have pulled off any more wins with Glennon at quarterback even if the offensive coordinator was Vince Lombardi (and Tom Landry was the defensive coordinator.)

I'm certainly not here to defend Mike Glennon but if he was THAT bad he still wouldnt have been in the NFL that long, i blame it mostly on Judge...in fact Glennon didnt look NEARLY as bad subbing for Jones earlier in the season when Garrett was still there.....thats why it was prolly a blessing in disguise that Jones got hurt, at least he wasn't exposed to the steaming pile of Shit that was the Judge/Kitchens offense, switching an OC in midseason if you are not an HC who used to be an OC is suicide....and thats exactly what it was....a dead offense, an embarrasment never seen before in my time.... not even in the Pisarcik days!....if you remember there was a few losses early in the season where we could have laid it at the DEFENSES feet ......but once Judge started running the offense i dont give a shit if it was the '86 Giants D, they were not winning many. The ONE game they did win the D had to hold the Eagles to 7 points! 7! Glennon or Jake from state farm never had a snowballs chance....

Re: If The Giants finish With Winning Record..

<tfjomg$1qq42$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3871&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#3871

From: alreadyd...@hotmail.com (*ernie)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2022 00:37:36 -0400
 by: *ernie - Sun, 11 Sep 2022 04:37 UTC

On 9/8/2022 8:11 AM, iommiRULES wrote:
> ....Daboll will have to be a coach of the year candidate. This team, besides the rookies who i NEVER count on, have actually subtracted talent, not added it. So the only hope for improvement besides Thebow and Neal being All-rookie and Maybe Azeez taking a big step is that we have upgraded big time over the Joe Judge run team in coaching talent. Namely Daboll, Wink and Kaftka. Sorry i'm not gonna do cart wheels because we replaced much of the the crappy oline with a bunch of journeymen who may or may not be an improvement. On paper it looks pretty much the same crap, at least at Center and the 2 guards...

Every year in the NFL there are surprise winners and surprise losers.
Why not the Giants? Lord knows we've suffered enough!

Re: If The Giants finish With Winning Record..

<1420b054-4414-4ee6-8c2f-9a3996f1aca7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3877&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#3877

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2022 06:27:58 -0700 (PDT)
From: gregkane...@gmail.com (iommiRULES)
 by: iommiRULES - Sun, 11 Sep 2022 13:27 UTC

On Sunday, September 11, 2022 at 12:37:38 AM UTC-4, *ernie wrote:
> On 9/8/2022 8:11 AM, iommiRULES wrote:
> > ....Daboll will have to be a coach of the year candidate. This team, besides the rookies who i NEVER count on, have actually subtracted talent, not added it. So the only hope for improvement besides Thebow and Neal being All-rookie and Maybe Azeez taking a big step is that we have upgraded big time over the Joe Judge run team in coaching talent. Namely Daboll, Wink and Kaftka. Sorry i'm not gonna do cart wheels because we replaced much of the the crappy oline with a bunch of journeymen who may or may not be an improvement. On paper it looks pretty much the same crap, at least at Center and the 2 guards...
> Every year in the NFL there are surprise winners and surprise losers.
> Why not the Giants? Lord knows we've suffered enough!

Yeah obviously Cincy was the team last year.....but it didnt just come out of the Blue, they had a QB who is already a star in year 2, but you saw it coming from Burrow even as a rookie. Only 2 things going for Giants i can think of...weak division and weak schedule...but couldnt we have said the same last 4 years at least?

Re: If The Giants finish With Winning Record..

<53b04436-c5b0-4c4e-b357-bd57194f70aan@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3910&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#3910

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 08:32:33 -0700 (PDT)
From: jeffgers...@webtv.net (jeffg...@webtv.net)
 by: jeffg...@webtv.net - Mon, 12 Sep 2022 15:32 UTC

On Sunday, September 11, 2022 at 9:27:59 AM UTC-4, iommiRULES wrote:
> On Sunday, September 11, 2022 at 12:37:38 AM UTC-4, *ernie wrote:
> > On 9/8/2022 8:11 AM, iommiRULES wrote:
> > > ....Daboll will have to be a coach of the year candidate. This team, besides the rookies who i NEVER count on, have actually subtracted talent, not added it. So the only hope for improvement besides Thebow and Neal being All-rookie and Maybe Azeez taking a big step is that we have upgraded big time over the Joe Judge run team in coaching talent. Namely Daboll, Wink and Kaftka. Sorry i'm not gonna do cart wheels because we replaced much of the the crappy oline with a bunch of journeymen who may or may not be an improvement. On paper it looks pretty much the same crap, at least at Center and the 2 guards...
> > Every year in the NFL there are surprise winners and surprise losers.
> > Why not the Giants? Lord knows we've suffered enough!
> Yeah obviously Cincy was the team last year.....but it didnt just come out of the Blue, they had a QB who is already a star in year 2, but you saw it coming from Burrow even as a rookie. Only 2 things going for Giants i can think of...weak division and weak schedule...but couldnt we have said the same last 4 years at least?

One more thing, they got rid of a weak head coach and coaching staff!