From: ala...@yahoo.com (Allen)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Kurtenbach: Watch Ja Morant, Jordan Poole shake hands before
Grizzlies-Warriors Game 4
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 13:27:18 -0700
 by: Allen - Thu, 12 May 2022 20:27 UTC

Watch Ja Morant, Jordan Poole shake hands before Grizzlies-Warriors Game 4
Golden State Warriors: The Grizzlies asked the NBA to investigate Poole
for dirty play in the wake of Ja Morant's knee injury.
>SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA – MAY 7: Memphis Grizzlies’ Ja Morant
struggles for the ball between Golden State Warriors’ Jordan Poole and
Andrew Wiggins in the fourth quarter of Game 3 of a second-round NBA
basketball playoff series at Chase Center in San Francisco, Calif., on
Saturday, May 7, 2022. (Karl Mondon/Bay Area News Group)
>SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA – MAY 7: Memphis Grizzlies’ Ja Morant
struggles for the ball between Golden State Warriors’ Jordan Poole and
Andrew Wiggins in the fourth quarter of Game 3 of a second-round NBA
basketball playoff series at Chase Center in San Francisco, Calif., on
Saturday, May 7, 2022. (Karl Mondon/Bay Area News Group)
By DIETER KURTENBACH | dkurtenbach@bayareanewsgroup.com | Bay Area News
Group
PUBLISHED: May 9, 2022 at 8:42 p.m. | UPDATED: May 9, 2022 at 8:52 p.m.
https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2022/05/09/watch-ja-morant-jordan-poole-shake-hands-before-grizzlies-warriors-game-4/

Memphis point guard Ja Morant alleged that Jordan Poole “broke the code”
in Game 3 by grabbing his knee when going for a loose ball. Morant left
that game with a still-undisclosed knee injury.

Morant deleted the tweet where he claimed the impropriety, and before
Game 4 at Chase Center Monday, the 22-year-old guards shoot hands on the
court.

TNT’s camera’s caught the exchange, which was quick but nevertheless
significant given the intensity of this second-round series.

Morant, a first-time All-Star who was named the NBA’s Most Improved
Player, was listed as doubtful for Game 4 but was ruled out shortly
before the opening tip. Grizzlies coach Taylor Jenkins said Monday
afternoon that Morant’s knee had undergone an MRI, but the Grizzlies did
not disclose the extent of the injury. His status for the remainder of
the series remains in doubt, though the severity of his limp Monday
should apply serious skepticism that he plays again.

Jenkins had stoked the flames of controversy in a series that had
already seen more than its fair share of it by insinuating that Poole
deliberately injured Morant with the grab after Game 3.

>RELATED ARTICLES
The Warriors have problems; here are the solutions
How the Warriors plan to flush their Game 5 blowout loss
Photos: Golden State Warriors sing the Memphis blues during epic loss
to the Grizzlies in Game 5
Kurtenbach: The deeper meaning behind the Warriors’ embarrassing Game
5 loss
Careless mistakes, lack of aggression led to Warriors’ ’embarrassing’
Game 5 loss in Memphis

The Grizzlies requested the NBA to look at the play after the game. The
league deemed it to be nothing more than a basketball play that perhaps
went array.

Before that ruling, though, Warriors players, coaches, and even a few of
Morant’s Grizzlies teammates backed Poole, saying that he wasn’t a dirty
player.

“Yeah, it was a basketball play when we doubled him, and I hit the ball
and I was going for the ball,” Poole said of the play. “I mean,
obviously you don’t want to see anybody get hurt. I’m not even that type
of player. I respect everybody… I don’t even play like that for real.
That’s not my type of game.”