6 May, 2024: The networking issue during the past two days has been identified and may be fixed. Will keep monitoring.

sport / alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys / Re: OT - Wolf Pack

SubjectAuthor
* OT - Wolf Packobserver
`* Re: OT - Wolf Packobserver
 `- Re: OT - Wolf Packobserver

1
OT - Wolf Pack

<47f499b1-4c9f-4e85-b9cc-253bfdc10947n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3840&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#3840

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2023 13:17:53 -0800 (PST)
Subject: OT - Wolf Pack
From: prohuman...@gmail.com (observer)
 by: observer - Sun, 26 Feb 2023 21:17 UTC

Unique TV show on CBS / Paramount+, the
'professional reviewers' give it a 40, the aver-
age audience score is an 80.

Myself, it's unique, has some interesting char-
acters, set thus far amidst a long-lasting Cali-
fornia fire, I won't give it away but suffice to
say Sarah Michelle Gellar plays a minor role
for the most part 'til the end of episode 5, then
yikes, I won't give it away but there's a big ...

.... surprise at that point. 4 teens, 2 from birth,
2 recently bitten have characteristics with dif-
ferent werewolf capabilities, more powerful
when together as a pack. One of the teens
is homosexual, a turnoff for me but for some
reason they show his exploits a lot.

I'd give it a 70, but that could improve or go
the other way depending on what happens
in upcoming episodes. 'Til the end of episode
5, we thought the werewolf killed one human
per day and existing in wolf form all the time,
but the end of episode 5 indicates something ...

.... is going on involving Sarah Michelle Gellar
that we weren't aware of (and that ending is
so surprising, not sure what's going on there).

--- --- ---

Re: OT - Wolf Pack

<f3bda975-41da-4698-a105-de5bef3e87b7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3865&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#3865

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2023 09:35:12 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: OT - Wolf Pack
From: prohuman...@gmail.com (observer)
 by: observer - Sat, 4 Mar 2023 17:35 UTC

Follow-up:

On Sunday, February 26, 2023 at 3:17:54 PM UTC-6, observer wrote:

..> Unique TV show on CBS / Paramount+, the
..> 'professional reviewers' give it a 40, the aver-
..> age audience score is an 80.
..>
[...]

Episode 6 ignored Kristin Ramsey's (the fire
investigator played by Sarah Michelle Gellar)
murder of the security guard, so I have no idea
why she murdered the security guard, 'cause
episode 6 acts as if the murder didn't happen.

Kristin & the security guard found the bodies
that the werewolf had tossed in an obscure
area of the building, she tells the security
guard they were killed by a werewolf & she
then murders the security guard, tossing him
into the pile of bodies the werewolf had killed.

In episode 6, in chasing the werewolf, Kristin
tells others it was a bear, so for some unknown
reason Kristin is both aware of & hiding the
werewolf's existence, & unknown the whys &
wherefores of her murder of the security ...

.... guard or how involved she is with the were-
wolf (a family member, perhaps?) or how many
other murders she's committed. Mysterious.

The 4 teens mentioned in episode 5, in epi-
sode 6 at one point they got angry & all bore
fangs & their eyes all turned golden & they
acted like they were gonna attack one of the
teen's dad (not their wolf dad but their dad
who raised & found 2 of the teens when ...

.... they were baby wolves), but the dad repeat-
ed that kid's name & it snapped him & the 3
others out of being wolflike.

..>
..> *--- --- ---*

Re: OT - Wolf Pack

<219fdd0c-c1bf-42e5-9243-65f9da70b4b4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3948&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#3948

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2023 17:02:03 -0700 (PDT)
From: prohuman...@gmail.com (observer)
 by: observer - Sun, 19 Mar 2023 00:02 UTC

Follow-up 2:

Oh, OK, so now I get it. Episode 7 & the following
article reveals that Sarah Michelle Gellar (Kristin
in the TV show) is a werewolf hiding in plain site
as a human, so now we know why she killed the
security guard who had discovered the hidden
bodies at the end of episode 5.
https://www.cbr.com/wolf-pack-sarah-michelle-gellar-kristin-ramsey-backstory/

Sidenote: The opening of episode 7 had a promo
of full male nudity in a weird opening that didn't
make any sense, with the nude guy (Baron) ap-
pearing & disappearing as if the scene was a
dream, but real somehow. This show's propen-
sity to tend towards male homosexuality doesn't
work for me.

The male in the dream is the human form of a
male who somehow is also a werewolf separate
from his human form, as shown toward the end
of episode 7 when the 4 teens capture Baron /
the werewolf in a freezer. A 5th guy who was
helping the teens catch Baron / the werewolf ...

.... comes up & stabs Baron with a silver knife,
apparently trying to kill him, interrupting the 4
teens effort to bring Baron back to life by re-
starting his heart & thereby ending whatever
was causing him to also be a werewolf (end of
episode 7).

Oddly enough, in the throwback where Kristin was
said to be nude, the younger version of Kristin (an
actress not portrayed by Sarah Michelle Gellar) was
wearing a body suit to obscure her nudity after she
changed from a werewolf to a human (as if the TV
show was afraid of showing a nude female whereas ...

.... the TV show brazenly showed the nude male at
the opening & closing of the show).

~~~

OK, the season finale, episode 8, we learn Kristin (&
maybe this was shown before & I missed it, but I
suspect it wasn't shown before) is Baron's & Luna's
& Harlan's werewolf-also-human mom: actually, just
starting to watch episode 8, so I picked that up at
https://tvline.com/2023/03/16/wolf-pack-season-1-episode-8-finale-ending-explained-kristin-mother/

That article also says Kristin (the fire investigator)
actually set the wildfire that was raging for most of
this season's episodes.

Sidenote: The first 13+ minutes of episode 8 were
journeys into the past, with Baron's stabbing being
ignored, then about 13:30 into episode 8, what hap-
pened after Baron's stabbing transpires, Baron re-
covering somewhat after one of the teens removes
the knife.

Harlan kissing Cyrus, men kissing men does noth-
ing for me. Later, Kristin cuddling with Harlan &
Luna while they're sleeping at Garrett's house.
When Luna awakes, Kristin isn't there. Kristin
shown back at her office.

Danny (Blake's brother), Blake, & Everett recall
Kristin shaking each of their hands. Garrett takes
Baron to a hospital.

Social Services tells Danny & Blake they're taking
them away from their father. Their father says he
will try to get them back.

Dream (or reality, can't tell) - Baron dreams of be-
ing burned, like totally, in the wildfire (or is it a
memory?) before changing into a werewolf.

Officers show up at the hospital to arrest Harlan
for the murder of a police officer.

Kristin is at fire depot 45 looking for Malcolm who
she suspects took Baron from the hospital. Malcolm
is found & he threatens to kill Kristin with an ax made
of silver. He says he has silver bulletts, drops the ax,
& fires at Kristin with his gun. He misses.

Kristin also has a gun & she hides behind a fire truck.
Garrett arrives & fires at Malcolm. All 3 are firing their
guns. One of Kristen's bullets hits Malcolm in the leg.

Malcolm lifts up the ax & is limping 'tween the fire-
trucks as Kristin & Garrett pursue him. Kristin gets a
phone call from someone who says he's helping the
wolf pack. Garrett is helping Baron escape as he
points his gun at Kristin.

He asks Kristin "Who are you?" I thought he was try-
ing to help Kristin but now it appears he's against
Kristin. Kristin says "I'm Harlan & Luna's mother.
Baron is their brother. He's gonna die if we don't
help them. That's all you need to know right now."

Don't know why she didn't say that Baron is her
son, but I suppose that was her way of saying
that, what with Baron not being raised with Har-
lan & Luna.

Kristin explains that each of the pack (the wolf
pack) has powers & Kristin places her hand on
Baron's chest wound & shows him that her power
is the power of healing.

While all that is going on, Malcolm is lurking &
on his way to _?_ (kill Garrett, Kristin, & Baron?).

Malcolm fires at them (misses) and Kristin runs
at Malcom, disarms him, & tosses him to the
ground. He grabs the silver ax, swinging it at
her but she avoids the swings, grabs him, &
Garrett shoots Malcolm.

Sidenote: Several times Kristin had those glow
eyes that the 4 teens have when they are becom-
ing werewolf-like.

Odd, that after shooting Malcolm, Garrett says
"you need him alive," (odd way of helping Mal-
colm, shooting him). Kristin handcuffs Malcom's
wrist to the steering wheel of one of the fire-
trucks.

Garrett still is pointing the gun at Kristin as they
talk. Kristin basically proposes that Baron bite
Garrett & Garrett become father to all the wolves
(not sure if she plans to have a conjugal wife-hus-
band relationship with Garrett or not).

End of season - Season 2 planned but appears to
be under delay due to a possible Hollywood Writers
Strike starting May 1:
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/tvs-top-5-podcast-writers-strike-stakes-1235354711/

Average Rotten Tomatoes reviews are now at 42%
by 'professional reviewers' & 85% by general audi-
ence. If season 2 happens, I'm intrigued by the
show and despite my not liking the male homo-
sexuality aspects (I support open-minded accep- ...

.... tance of LGBTQ rights but for reasons having to
do with a lifetime of being attracted to pretty females,
male homosexuals on TV shows & movies is a turn-
off for me, just like men-in-drag is a turn-off for me),
the show has enough going for it for me to give it a
75% at the present time.

The following article may help explain why Wolf
Pack has chosen to include so much male homo-
sexuality (albeit off the top of my head, I don't
recall much, if any, lesbian action in the 1st sea-
son):
https://www.attitude.co.uk/culture/wolf-packs-sarah-michelle-gellar-gay-icon-423644/

Sidenote: The Wolf Pack executive producer, Jeff
Davis, being "openly gay", per the following, also
helps explain why there's so much "openly gay"
(i.e., male homosexual) stuff in Wolf Pack.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Davis_(television_producer)

Record number of LGBT characters on US TV, study
says (Feb 18 2022): https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-60429942

.... nearly 12% of regular characters who are LGBT,
up 2.8% from last year. ... Out of 775 series-regular
characters on broadcast TV, 11.9% are LGBT, mak-
ing up 92 characters, with an additional 49 in recur-
ring roles.

Lesbian characters ... represented the majority of
LGBT characters ... . Gay men ... saw a decrease by
5% on broadcast and 3% on cable compared to last
year. Bisexual representation ... made up 29% of all
LGBT characters - an increase of 1%.

Comment: I'm always amused when articles give a
lot of information but leave out important stuff. Note
that the gay word is sometimes used to apply to all
homosexuality but in the LGBT context, it seems to
apply to homosexual men.

1. Bisexual = 29% of 11.9% = 3.451% of everyone
2. Lesbian = majority, more than 50% of 11.9% =
..................... more than 5.9% of everyone but per-
..................... cent undisclosed
3. Gay (homosexual men) = percent undisclosed, but
.............................................. less than 21% of 11.9% based
.............................................. on 1 & 2 = less than 2.499%
.............................................. of everyone
4. Transgender = ? - undisclosed

What Percentage of Americans Are LGBT? 7.2%
https://news.gallup.com/poll/332522/percentage-americans-lgbt.aspx

On Saturday, March 4, 2023 at 11:35:13 AM UTC-6, observer wrote:

> Follow-up:

> On Sunday, February 26, 2023 at 3:17:54 PM UTC-6, observer wrote:
/> .> Unique TV show on CBS / Paramount+, the
/> .> 'professional reviewers' give it a 40, the aver-
/> .> age audience score is an 80.
/> .>
[...]

Click here to read the complete article