I just know I'm a better manager when I have Joe DiMaggio in center field. -- Casey Stengel

sport / alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys / Marriott reveals woman’s accusations against Michael Irvin as dispute escalates

SubjectAuthor
* Marriott reveals woman’s accusations against MichaDLS S
`- Re: Marriott reveals woman’s accusations against Mobserver

1
Marriott reveals woman’s accusations against Michael Irvin as dispute escalates

<24652684-0605-4ede-bea1-109cbc6b62e7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3895&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#3895

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2023 14:27:40 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Marriott_reveals_woman’s_accusations_against_Micha
el_Irvin_as_dispute_escalates
From: dls...@gmail.com (DLS S)
 by: DLS S - Sat, 11 Mar 2023 22:27 UTC

We all know that drunk ass druggie asked for some sex!!

Just wait for this Monkey to settle quietly.

Re: Marriott reveals woman’s accusations against Michael Irvin as dispute escalates

<c31aad0a-2443-4bb0-9d7d-06a04f796c5dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=3896&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#3896

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2023 16:36:58 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re:_Marriott_reveals_woman’s_accusations_against_M
ichael_Irvin_as_dispute_escalates
From: prohuman...@gmail.com (observer)
 by: observer - Sun, 12 Mar 2023 00:36 UTC

Marriott already did that & the news today
just gave Marriott's argument & accusations
against Irvin, repeating those accusations,
as if Marriott thinks that defaming Irvin &
& refusing to follow the courts order about
the video is their full-time intent.

You failed to mention that 'Federal judge
finds Marriott “blatantly” violated court
order in Michael Irvin case' (March 10 2023):
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/10/federal-judge-finds-marriott-blatantly-violated-court-order-in-michael-irvin-case/

Judge Amos Mazzant ordered the company
to submit an unredacted video to Irvin’s law-
yers by 5:00 p.m. CT on Friday. He also de-
clined to prevent Irvin from making the video
public.

“That’s the penalty you face,” Judge Mazzant
said — a more tactful version of “f–k around
& find out.”

Judge Mazzant said he was “dumbfounded”
by the strings Marriott attached to its disclo-
sure of the video, allowing attorney Levi Mc-
Cathern to see it without giving him a copy.

“I am not accustomed to, as a judge, people
violating my orders,” Judge Mazzant said.

Attorney Celeste Creswell, who represents
Marriott, insisted during the hearing that
Marriott respects the court’s orders.

“I’ll be very candid,” Judge Mazzant replied.
“You haven’t shown that. That’s the reason
we’re here. . . . Am I happy about that? No,
I’m not happy about that. . . . It seems like
Marriott just looked at my order and didn’t
want to produce the video.”

It’s a stunning display of corporate arrogance
but, speaking as someone who has both repre-
sented major companies & sued them on be-
half of their former employees, it’s not surpris-
ing.

Lawyers often have to be willing to stand up to
a corporate client that wants to do something
stupid, because stupid will resonate through the
rest of the litigation.

That’s the bigger problem Marriott now has. Real
damage has been done to the relationship be-
tween the court & the defendant. Judge Maz-
zant will be skeptical of everything Marriott says
& does.

Unless they get their s**t together quickly, they’re
going to end up wearing it. And, as usually hap-
pens when a major company realizes a bad out-
come in court, it will blame everyone but itself.

Sidenote: I expect Irvin & his lawyer to make the
video publicly available Monday, March 13 2023,
but that remains to be seen.

Sidenote 2: I expect Marriott & its lawyer to try
to spin everything as if Marriott is blameless no
matter what happens in the case.

Sidenote 3: As I said when the charges were 1st
made against Irvin, it's a 'he said she said' deal,
& Marriott trying to hide the video from the judge
indicates Marriott is trying to cover its ass in a
case I suspect it expects to lose.