From: ala...@yahoo.com (Allen)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Kenney:_Warriors_‘hopeful’_Otto_Porter_
Jr._will_play_Game_1_of_Western_Conference_finals
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 18:01:26 -0700
 by: Allen - Wed, 18 May 2022 01:01 UTC

Warriors ‘hopeful’ Otto Porter Jr. will play Game 1 of Western
Conference finals
Coach Steve Kerr said Otto Porter Jr. could be cleared to play by the
start of the Western Conference finals, which begins Wednesday.
>Golden State Warriors forward Otto Porter Jr. (32) shoots between
Memphis Grizzlies guard De’Anthony Melton (0) and forward Dillon Brooks
(24) in the second half during Game 1 of a second-round NBA basketball
playoff series Sunday, May 1, 2022, in Memphis, Tenn. (AP Photo/Brandon
Dill)
>Golden State Warriors forward Otto Porter Jr. (32) shoots between
Memphis Grizzlies guard De’Anthony Melton (0) and forward Dillon Brooks
(24) in the second half during Game 1 of a second-round NBA basketball
playoff series Sunday, May 1, 2022, in Memphis, Tenn. (AP Photo/Brandon
Dill)
By MADELINE KENNEY | mkenney@bayareanewsgroup.com | Bay Area News Group
PUBLISHED: May 15, 2022 at 12:35 p.m. | UPDATED: May 15, 2022 at 4:48 p.m.
https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2022/05/15/warriors-hopeful-otto-porter-jr-will-play-game-1-of-western-conference-finals/

SAN FRANCISCO — Coach Steve Kerr on Sunday said he’s “hopeful” that Otto
Porter Jr. will be cleared to play at the start of the Western
Conference finals.

Porter has missed the last game and a half due to soreness in his right
foot that flared up during the Warriors’ Game 5 blowout loss Wednesday
night. Porter had done some court activity during shootaround Friday,
including agility exercises and shooting.

Sunday was a light practice for the Warriors, with the high-minute
players staying mainly off the court, while the lower-minute men played
in a scrimmage. Porter rode a stationary bike during practice, but
didn’t do anything on the court, according to Kerr.

“I talked to him, he said he’s feeling better,” Kerr said of Porter.
“We’re hopeful he’ll be able to play Game 1.”

Mike Brown, who served as the Warriors head coach in Kerr’s absence,
recently said he wasn’t sure whether Porter’s foot discomfort was the
result of one play in particular or the wear and tear of the postseason.

Porter and his aggressive rebounding had been key to the Warriors’
success in the first four games of the Western Conference semifinals
series against the Grizzlies. He averaged 6.2 points and 4.6 rebounds in
five games off the bench in the last series.

Porter wasn’t able to contribute during Game 6 Friday night at Chase
Center, but the Warriors managed to fend off the young Grizzlies to
advance to the Western Conference finals for the first time in three
years. The Warriors will play the winner of the Phoenix Suns and Dallas
Mavericks series, which will be decided in Game 7 Sunday night. That
series begins Wednesday.

Porter has dealt with a series of injuries throughout his career, but
the flare-up of soreness in his right foot appears to be a new issue.
The last time he had an injury to his right foot was in 2018.