Sailing is fun, but scrubbing the decks is aardvark. -- Heard on Noahs' ark

sport / alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys / Re: Cowboys Playoff Loss 20/20 Hindsight/Reflection

SubjectAuthor
* Cowboys Playoff Loss 20/20 Hindsight/Reflectionobserver
+- Re: Cowboys Playoff Loss 20/20 Hindsight/ReflectionDLS S
`* Re: Cowboys Playoff Loss 20/20 Hindsight/Reflectionobserver
 +- Re: Cowboys Playoff Loss 20/20 Hindsight/Reflectionobserver
 `* Re: Cowboys Playoff Loss 20/20 Hindsight/Reflectionobserver
  `* Re: Cowboys Playoff Loss 20/20 Hindsight/Reflectionobserver
   `* Re: Cowboys Playoff Loss 20/20 Hindsight/ReflectionDLS S
    `* Re: Cowboys Playoff Loss 20/20 Hindsight/Reflectionobserver
     `* Re: Cowboys Playoff Loss 20/20 Hindsight/ReflectionDLS S
      +- Re: Cowboys Playoff Loss 20/20 Hindsight/ReflectionDLS S
      `* Re: Cowboys Playoff Loss 20/20 Hindsight/Reflectionobserver
       `* Re: Cowboys Playoff Loss 20/20 Hindsight/Reflectionobserver
        `- Re: Cowboys Playoff Loss 20/20 Hindsight/Reflectionobserver

1
Cowboys Playoff Loss 20/20 Hindsight/Reflection

<18740e02-0e9d-40b9-9726-d4706b72df37n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2097&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#2097

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 10:38:45 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Cowboys Playoff Loss 20/20 Hindsight/Reflection
From: prohuman...@gmail.com (observer)
 by: observer - Mon, 17 Jan 2022 18:38 UTC

After a good night's sleep, and no, no
dreams about football, slept well, about
a half hour over 8 hours, time to reflect
on what happened, the following in no
particular order:

~~~

o Penalties - Penalties - Penalties

... 1) Even though I examined a lot of stats
each week, I stopped mentioning that Cow-
boys weakness after November 26th:
https://groups.google.com/g/alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys/search?q=penalties

Cowboys tie NFL record for most penalties
in playoff game in wild card loss to 49ers
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/cowboys-tie-nfl-record-for-most-penalties-in-playoff-game-in-wild-card-loss-to-49ers/

Interestingly enough, this was the fifth time
in NFL postseason history a team committed
14 penalties in a playoff game -- but the first
time that team lost.

... o 1980 Raiders with 14 penalties beat the
Oilers (which later became the Titans) in AFC
wild card round

... o 1981 49ers with 14 penalties beat the
Giants in NFC divisional round, coincidentally
the NFC Conference Championship game the
49ers began their 1980s dynasty with "The
Catch", Joe Montana to Dwight Clark, unfor-
tunately, the Cowboys the loser in that game

... o 2002 Raiders with 14 penalties beat the
Titans (formerly the Oilers) in AFC Champion-
ship

... o 2009 Cowboys with 14 penalties beat the
Eagles NFC wild card round

"It's penalties, and it was self-inflicted," NFL
on CBS color commentator Tony Romo said
after the game on CBS Sports HQ. "It was a
lack of a mental approach almost, it was
careless. So many penalties before the snap,
& you can't have that many and expect to ...

.... beat good teams. The Cowboys really hurt
themselves."

Ironically, the last time it happened, Tony was
the Cowboys QB & Cowboys beat the Eagles
34 to 14, so Tony failed to mention that & also
failed to point out that the previous 4 times it
happened, the 14 penalties playoff team won.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201001090dal.htm#all_player_offense

~~~

o The Cowboys 26th straight year not making it
to the NFC Conference Championship game &
not making it to the Super Bowl, the following
graphic displays some fans' perspective on that
cycle (this year, the so-called 'bad' teams inclu-
ded their 2 wins over the playoff-bound Eagles ...

.... & win over the playoff-bound Pats, both of
which lost their playoff wild card game. Also
among the so-called 'bad' teams were wins
over winning teams (Chargers & Saints). All 7
of their other wins were over losing teams.

Graphic depicting some fans' perspective
on Cowboys 26 years of playoff futility:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FJRpf-FX0Ace_rM?format=jpg&name=900x900

~~~

.... o Dak's shortcomings:

1) Dak's & Kellen Moore's & training by Cowboys
which included head coach McCarthy supposedly
practicing weekly on that failed attempt to run it
closer before trying to spike it (futilly) attempting
for one final game-winning pass try
https://twitter.com/YahooSports/status/1482880633546285060

Apparently, Dak &/or Tyler Biadasz were not pro-
perly trained (or forgot) that the ref has to spot
the ball before Tyler can hike it, either a glaring
flaw in their training -or- a glaring mistake on
Dak's &/or Tyler's part -or- a glaring mistake in
choosing a closer run-before-1-attempt rather
than up to 2 tries from the 40 yard line.

The following article is highly critical of the deci-
sion the play call with 14 seconds left:
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2022-nfl-playoffs-why-the-cowboys-botched-final-play-call-made-no-sense-in-loss-to-49ers/

2) Dak's worst ever playoff performance, a 69.3
passer-rating, 53.5% completion%, his 3rd loss
in 4 playoff games:
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PresDa01/gamelog/post/

3) Dak's encouragement of fans throwing bottles
if they were throwing them at refs (comments at
press conference after the game); actually one
bottle went directly at DeMarcus Lawrence's
head - fortunately, Lawrence protected himself
with his helmet, & as far as I know, no refs were
hit or injured:
https://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/Prescott-lauds-bottle-throwing-after-loss-to-49ers-16782523.php

"Dak what did you think about the fans throwing
bottles on the field there at the very end, did you
see that? I think one of them hit (DeMarcus) 'Tank'
Lawrence," a reporter asked.

"I didn't see that, that's sad," Prescott replied. "You're
talking about a team, about men that come out each
& every day of their lives and give everything to the
sport, everything to this game of football. Nobody
wants to succeed more than we want to succeed.

I understand fans and the word 'fanatic,' I get that,
but to know everything we put into this day in & day
out, try our hardest. Nobody comes into the game
wanting or expecting to lose. For people to react that
way when you're supposed to be a supporter and be
with us through thick and thin — that's tough,"

"I think they were aiming at the referees," a second
reporter chimed in.

"Credit to them then," Prescott said to boisterous
laughs from media assembled in the press room.
"Credit to them."

“The fans felt the same way as us,” Prescott later
added. “I guess that’s why the refs took off and got
out of there so fast. I think everybody is upset with
the way this thing played out.”

---

In context, Dak was distressed that a ref bumped
into his back when trying to spot/place the ball, &
expressed his anger in an inappropriate manner,
especially considering that Dak didn't seem to re-
alize that the ref is required to place the ball in
the correct spot prior to it being snapped.

I hope (and that hope may be unfulfilled) Dak,
upon further reflection, retracts his statement &
apologizes for it.

Don't know why, but check out this picture for
where the refs were when Dak was tackled:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FJRi0_FXMAASvjn?format=jpg&name=900x900

That may be 'normal', I don't know, seems they
should've had a ref much loser to the play so
the positioning of the ball by a ref would have
happened much sooner than it did.

Also, of course, Dak admitted he should've done
his slide earlier to minimize the chance of not be-
ing able to spike the ball in time for 1 more play.

~~~

o Flaws by whomever is responsible for names
on uniforms, ultimate responsibility being the
team owner,
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/01/17/13/53023089-10408749-image-m-10_1642426532709.jpg

along with 2 other Jerry Jones mistakes: 1) the
height of the central video display which resul-
ted in a Bryan Anger punt hitting it & having to
be re-punted,
https://twitter.com/NFLUK/status/1482856389018009604

2) the placement of AT&T stadium in an east-west
direction that led to Cedrick Wilson being blinded
by the sun & not catching a pass due to that:
https://twitter.com/GehlkenNFL/status/1482852049435963392

--- --- ---

Re: Cowboys Playoff Loss 20/20 Hindsight/Reflection

<e57740e5-8cd7-4f66-89d7-1b74c3b2db9dn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2098&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#2098

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 11:03:34 -0800 (PST)
From: dls...@gmail.com (DLS S)
 by: DLS S - Mon, 17 Jan 2022 19:03 UTC

On Monday, January 17, 2022 at 1:38:46 PM UTC-5, observer wrote:
> [...]
> the positioning of the ball by a ref would have
> happened much sooner than it did.
>
> Also, of course, Dak admitted he should've done
> his slide earlier to minimize the chance of not be-
> ing able to spike the ball in time for 1 more play.
>
> ~~~
>
> o Flaws by whomever is responsible for names
> on uniforms, ultimate responsibility being the
> team owner,
> https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/01/17/13/53023089-10408749-image-m-10_1642426532709.jpg
>
> along with 2 other Jerry Jones mistakes: 1) the
> height of the central video display which resul-
> ted in a Bryan Anger punt hitting it & having to
> be re-punted,
> https://twitter.com/NFLUK/status/1482856389018009604
>
> 2) the placement of AT&T stadium in an east-west
> direction that led to Cedrick Wilson being blinded
> by the sun & not catching a pass due to that:

Oh my they beat the "playoff bound Eagles!!

You clown!!
Saints and Chargers...fuck off doofus..
Pats certainly better but not ready took the Cowgirls to OT..
You asshole..
Pats play in a real division...

Re: Cowboys Playoff Loss 20/20 Hindsight/Reflection

<998270a9-63ff-49ed-8379-a0b67dbe7b12n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2102&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#2102

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 12:25:35 -0800 (PST)
From: prohuman...@gmail.com (observer)
 by: observer - Mon, 17 Jan 2022 20:25 UTC

Follow-up

game logs indicate that the Cowboys
did get the final snap off
https://groups.google.com/g/alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys/c/uOoDsml0LG8/m/jKz78NJoAQAJ

On Monday, January 17, 2022 at 12:38:46 PM UTC-6, observer wrote:

..> After a good night's sleep, and no, no
..> dreams about football, slept well, about
..> a half hour over 8 hours, time to reflect
..> on what happened, the following in no
..> particular order:
..>
..> ~~~
..>
[...]
..> Eagles in NFC wild card round
..>
[...]
..> ---
..>
[...]
..> *--- --- ---*

Re: Cowboys Playoff Loss 20/20 Hindsight/Reflection

<c7c6ca8f-3096-4ecb-9917-1eb8e25854a0n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2128&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#2128

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 17:49:09 -0800 (PST)
From: prohuman...@gmail.com (observer)
 by: observer - Wed, 19 Jan 2022 01:49 UTC

Follow-up 2:

the press conference appearing to condone
throwing things at the ref (I might add from
the laughter by the media, apparently they
thought Dak was saying it in jest as a joke,
expressing his dissatisfaction with the ...

.... officiating at the end, but not intending
his statement to be taken seriously - the
media there at the press conference ap-
parently didn't take it seriously as they
laughed when he said it). Since so many
took it seriously, Dak apologized:

---
January 18 2022

Dak Prescott Apologizes For
What He Said About Officials
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/look-dak-prescott-apologizes-for-what-he-said-about-officials/ar-AASUVRo
---

On Tuesday night, Dak took to Twitter to
apologize for what he said on Sunday night
after the game. “I deeply regret the com-
ments I made regarding the officials after
the game on Sunday,” he said.

“I was caught up in the emotion of a disap-
pointing loss and my words were uncalled
for and unfair,” he continued. “[Prescott
holds] the NFL Officials in the highest re-
gard and have always respected their pro-
fessionalism & the difficulty of their jobs. ...

.... The safety of everyone who attends a
game or participates on the field of a
sporting event is a very serious matter.
That was a mistake on my behalf, & I am
sorry.”

That & other comments placed at appro-
priate places within the original 2 posts
below:

On Monday, January 17, 2022 at 2:25:36 PM UTC-6, observer wrote:

..> Follow-up
..>
..> game logs indicate that the Cowboys
..> did get the final snap off
..> https://groups.google.com/g/alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys/c/uOoDsml0LG8/m/jKz78NJoAQAJ
> On Monday, January 17, 2022 at 12:38:46 PM UTC-6, observer wrote:
/> .> After a good night's sleep, and no, no
/> .> dreams about football, slept well, about
/> .> a half hour over 8 hours, time to reflect
/> .> on what happened, the following in no
/> .> particular order:
/> .>
/> .> ~~~
/> .>
[...]

Garoppolo's passer-rating was slightly lower
than Dak's, but he benefitted from having far
less pressure (not sacked, Cowboys got just
4 QB hits on him compared to Dak sacked 5
times & 49ers getting 14 QB hits on him).

/> .>
/> .> 3) Dak's encouragement of fans throwing bottles
/> .> if they were throwing them at refs (comments at
> .> press conference after the game); actually one
> .> bottle went directly at DeMarcus Lawrence's
> .> head - fortunately, Lawrence protected himself
> .> with his helmet, & as far as I know, no refs were
> .> hit or injured:
> .> https://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/Prescott-lauds-bottle-throwing-after-loss-to-49ers-16782523.php
> .>
> .> "Dak what did you think about the fans throwing
> .> bottles on the field there at the very end, did you
> .> see that? I think one of them hit (DeMarcus) 'Tank'
> .> Lawrence," a reporter asked.
> .>
> .> "I didn't see that, that's sad," Prescott replied. "You're
> .> talking about a team, about men that come out each
> .> & every day of their lives and give everything to the
> .> sport, everything to this game of football. Nobody
> .> wants to succeed more than we want to succeed.
> .>
> .> I understand fans and the word 'fanatic,' I get that,
> .> but to know everything we put into this day in & day
> .> out, try our hardest. Nobody comes into the game
> .> wanting or expecting to lose. For people to react that
> .> way when you're supposed to be a supporter and be
> .> with us through thick and thin — that's tough,"
> .>
> .> "I think they were aiming at the referees," a second
> .> reporter chimed in.
> .>
> .> "Credit to them then," Prescott said to boisterous
> .> laughs from media assembled in the press room.
> .> "Credit to them."
> .>
> .> “The fans felt the same way as us,” Prescott later
> .> added. “I guess that’s why the refs took off and got
> .> out of there so fast. I think everybody is upset with
> .> the way this thing played out.”
> .>
> .> ---
> .>
> .> In context, Dak was distressed that a ref bumped
> .> into his back when trying to spot/place the ball, &
> .> expressed his anger in an inappropriate manner,
> .> especially considering that Dak didn't seem to re-
> .> alize that the ref is required to place the ball in
> .> the correct spot prior to it being snapped.
> .>
> .> I hope (and that hope may be unfulfilled) Dak,
> .> upon further reflection, retracts his statement &
> .> apologizes for it.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Cowboys Playoff Loss 20/20 Hindsight/Reflection

<a73a206e-da80-4014-a536-abb192fe152en@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2129&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#2129

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 18:02:06 -0800 (PST)
From: prohuman...@gmail.com (observer)
 by: observer - Wed, 19 Jan 2022 02:02 UTC

(corrected re-post to include critical part
of original post which I neglected to add
a character to to insure it actually appears
rather than being replaced with '...' by the
google "requirement to click the '...' to show
the original text" algorithm)

> [...]

/> .> I understand fans and the word 'fanatic,' I get that,
/> .> but to know everything we put into this day in & day
/> .> out, try our hardest. Nobody comes into the game
/> .> wanting or expecting to lose. For people to react that
/> .> way when you're supposed to be a supporter and be
/> .> with us through thick and thin — that's tough,"
/> .>
/> .> "I think they were aiming at the referees," a second
/> .> reporter chimed in.
/> .>
/> .> "Credit to them then," Prescott said to boisterous
/> .> laughs from media assembled in the press room.
/> .> "Credit to them."
/> .>
/> .> “The fans felt the same way as us,” Prescott later
/> .> added. “I guess that’s why the refs took off and got
/> .> out of there so fast. I think everybody is upset with
/> .> ---
/> .>
/> .> In context, Dak was distressed that a ref bumped
/> .> into his back when trying to spot/place the ball, &
/> .> expressed his anger in an inappropriate manner,
/> .> especially considering that Dak didn't seem to re-
/> .> alize that the ref is required to place the ball in
/> .> the correct spot prior to it being snapped.
/> .>
/> .> I hope (and that hope may be unfulfilled) Dak,
/> .> upon further reflection, retracts his statement &
/> .> apologizes for it.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Cowboys Playoff Loss 20/20 Hindsight/Reflection

<7363cec8-8204-4b63-9e18-69646fcb13c5n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2138&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#2138

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 12:34:51 -0800 (PST)
From: prohuman...@gmail.com (observer)
 by: observer - Fri, 21 Jan 2022 20:34 UTC

Follow-up:

Link to previous posts in this thread:
https://groups.google.com/g/alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys/c/aKCGW7KDLV0/m/JFYSbTfKAQAJ

Jerry on 105.3 The Fan today:

Regarding the sun causing Cedrick Wilson to
be blinded & not catch a pass vs the 49ers:
Jerry won't do anything to prevent that, like by
putting up curtains to prevent the sun from
blinding players during the game. He basically
laughed at that, & did the "not my responsibility"
thing. "It's nothing," he says.

Preventable, yes, but not by Jerry Jones, not
with that kind of attitude.

He also didn't care that a punt hit the video dis-
play because it rarely happens, not his concern.
That's unpreventable as it would be far too ex-
pensive to fix that, I think, though I haven't given
that any thought.

He expressed confidence in Dak & Zeke & the
offensive line. He mentioned 10 players get
2/3rds of the money when discussing Amari
Cooper's & DeMarcus Lawrence's 2022 salar-
ies.

He called the 2021 team a Super Bowl team,
disappointed they lost the Wild Card game,
hasn't done evaluations. Most would say that
calling a team that lost a Wild Card playoff
game a Super Bowl team is living in fantasy
world, especially since the Cowboys have ...

.... not come anywhere near a Super Bowl for
the last 26 years, but whatever, hard to have
confidence in an owner & GM so inclined to
keep doing things the same way year-after-
year despite 26 years of failure regarding get-
ting to & winning another Super Bowl.

Some day Jerry will release the reign of ab-
solute control, but until then, well, Jerry's our
only hope 'til he isn't.

10 Longest Tenured NFL GMs
https://www.profootballrumors.com/2020/05/longest-tenured-gms-in-the-nfl

1. Jerry Jones (Dallas Cowboys): April 18, 1989
2. Mike Brown (Cincinnati Bengals): August 5, 1991
3. Bill Belichick (New England Patriots): January 27, 2000
4. Kevin Colbert (Pittsburgh Steelers): February 18, 2000
5. Mickey Loomis (New Orleans Saints): May 14, 2002

6. Rick Spielman (Minnesota Vikings): May 30, 2006
7. Thomas Dimitroff (Atlanta Falcons): January 13, 2008
8. John Schneider (Seattle Seahawks): January 19, 2010
9. Howie Roseman (Philadelphia Eagles): January 29, 2010
10. John Elway (Denver Broncos): January 5, 2011

--- --- ---

Re: Cowboys Playoff Loss 20/20 Hindsight/Reflection

<2f01c381-e5f6-4c2f-b38e-ec81ba026965n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2139&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#2139

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 13:14:22 -0800 (PST)
From: dls...@gmail.com (DLS S)
 by: DLS S - Fri, 21 Jan 2022 21:14 UTC

On Friday, January 21, 2022 at 3:34:52 PM UTC-5, observer wrote:
> Follow-up:
>
> Link to previous posts in this thread:
> https://groups.google.com/g/alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys/c/aKCGW7KDLV0/m/JFYSbTfKAQAJ
>
> Jerry on 105.3 The Fan today:
>
> Regarding the sun causing Cedrick Wilson to
> be blinded & not catch a pass vs the 49ers:
> Jerry won't do anything to prevent that, like by
> putting up curtains to prevent the sun from
> blinding players during the game. He basically
> laughed at that, & did the "not my responsibility"
> thing. "It's nothing," he says.
>
> Preventable, yes, but not by Jerry Jones, not
> with that kind of attitude.
>
> He also didn't care that a punt hit the video dis-
> play because it rarely happens, not his concern.
> That's unpreventable as it would be far too ex-
> pensive to fix that, I think, though I haven't given
> that any thought.
>
> He expressed confidence in Dak & Zeke & the
> offensive line. He mentioned 10 players get
> 2/3rds of the money when discussing Amari
> Cooper's & DeMarcus Lawrence's 2022 salar-
> ies.
>
> He called the 2021 team a Super Bowl team,
> disappointed they lost the Wild Card game,
> hasn't done evaluations. Most would say that
> calling a team that lost a Wild Card playoff
> game a Super Bowl team is living in fantasy
> world, especially since the Cowboys have ...
>
> ... not come anywhere near a Super Bowl for
> the last 26 years, but whatever, hard to have
> confidence in an owner & GM so inclined to
> keep doing things the same way year-after-
> year despite 26 years of failure regarding get-
> ting to & winning another Super Bowl.
>
> Some day Jerry will release the reign of ab-
> solute control, but until then, well, Jerry's our
> only hope 'til he isn't.
>
> 10 Longest Tenured NFL GMs
> https://www.profootballrumors.com/2020/05/longest-tenured-gms-in-the-nfl
>
> 1. Jerry Jones (Dallas Cowboys): April 18, 1989
> 2. Mike Brown (Cincinnati Bengals): August 5, 1991
> 3. Bill Belichick (New England Patriots): January 27, 2000
> 4. Kevin Colbert (Pittsburgh Steelers): February 18, 2000
> 5. Mickey Loomis (New Orleans Saints): May 14, 2002
>
> 6. Rick Spielman (Minnesota Vikings): May 30, 2006
> 7. Thomas Dimitroff (Atlanta Falcons): January 13, 2008
> 8. John Schneider (Seattle Seahawks): January 19, 2010
> 9. Howie Roseman (Philadelphia Eagles): January 29, 2010
> 10. John Elway (Denver Broncos): January 5, 2011
>
> --- --- ---

https://youtu.be/HJFYQTsEbfA

We know you joined her in sorrow.

Re: Cowboys Playoff Loss 20/20 Hindsight/Reflection

<1518201b-0320-4017-a99c-20ce37e69a5en@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2140&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#2140

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 13:48:56 -0800 (PST)
From: prohuman...@gmail.com (observer)
 by: observer - Fri, 21 Jan 2022 21:48 UTC

On Friday, January 21, 2022 at 3:14:23 PM UTC-6, dls...@gmail.com wrote:

> On Friday, January 21, 2022 at 3:34:52 PM UTC-5, observer wrote:

..> > Follow-up:
..> >
[...]
..> > *--- --- ---*

[clarifying inserts in brackets, not part
of original response]

> [see original dls post for link to video
> if you wish to see what it is that I'm
> objecting to]

A video posted by Raidernation, an indi-
vidual that may have been sad after his
Raiders lost to the Bengals. Raiders fans
having plenty to be sad about during the
season, what with the Jon Gruden racist
emails & Henry Ruggs terrible crash ...

.... that killed an innocent & got him fired
from the team.

You, a Patriots fan having so little hope
your team would win that you posted
about that in the Cowboys newsgroup,
don't know how sad you were.

I found plenty to say after the Cowboys
loss, posting about that from Sunday to
today, but the accurate description of
my reaction was disappointment, not
sadness. I do understand the sadness
of some, especially younger individuals.

I find delighting in another's sadness to
be ___?___ (questionable, following links
provided as an aside pointing out the
questionable nature of posting videos
like that).

I decided not to post links to various
girls crying videos as delighting in the
emotional pain of others I find objec-
tionable (& I resist the temptation to
respond in kind to others' questionable
objectionable efforts to do that).

All my best to the young lady shown in
the video.

Cheers to all the emotional & non-emo-
tional & good Cowboys fans !!!

Negative vibes towards bad fans of all
teams, may they see the light & change
to become more pro-human in the future.

--- --- ---

Re: Cowboys Playoff Loss 20/20 Hindsight/Reflection

<def77872-82fa-44a2-a680-fd6fb1274488n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2141&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#2141

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 13:59:15 -0800 (PST)
From: dls...@gmail.com (DLS S)
 by: DLS S - Fri, 21 Jan 2022 21:59 UTC

On Friday, January 21, 2022 at 4:48:57 PM UTC-5, observer wrote:
> [...]
> having plenty to be sad about during the
> season, what with the Jon Gruden racist
> emails & Henry Ruggs terrible crash ...
>
> ... that killed an innocent & got him fired
> from the team.
>
> You, a Patriots fan having so little hope
> your team would win that you posted
> about that in the Cowboys newsgroup,
> don't know how sad you were.
>
> I found plenty to say after the Cowboys
> loss, posting about that from Sunday to
> today, but the accurate description of
> my reaction was disappointment, not
> sadness. I do understand the sadness
> of some, especially younger individuals.
>
> I find delighting in another's sadness to
> be ___?___ (questionable, following links
> provided as an aside pointing out the
> questionable nature of posting videos
> like that).
>
> I decided not to post links to various
> girls crying videos as delighting in the

https://youtu.be/h1gozOI8cUM

Why did Dak run the 🏈🏈🏈🏈??

I don't know ...
Cheers..

Re: Cowboys Playoff Loss 20/20 Hindsight/Reflection

<1a2d2cf9-d99d-4617-a4e4-fc934f45eb61n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2142&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#2142

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 14:04:35 -0800 (PST)
From: dls...@gmail.com (DLS S)
 by: DLS S - Fri, 21 Jan 2022 22:04 UTC

On Friday, January 21, 2022 at 4:59:17 PM UTC-5, DLS S wrote:
> [...]
> > be ___?___ (questionable, following links
> > provided as an aside pointing out the
> > questionable nature of posting videos
> > like that).
> >
> > I decided not to post links to various
> > girls crying videos as delighting in the
> > emotional pain of others I find objec-
> > tionable (& I resist the temptation to
> > respond in kind to others' questionable
> > objectionable efforts to do that).
> >
> > All my best to the young lady shown in
> > the video.
> >
> > Cheers to all the emotional & non-emo-
> > tional & good Cowboys fans !!!
> >
> > Negative vibes towards bad fans of all
> > teams, may they see the light & change
> > to become more pro-human in the future.
> >
> > --- --- ---
> https://youtu.be/h1gozOI8cUM
>
> Why did Dak run the 🏈🏈🏈🏈??
>
> I don't know ...
> Cheers..

You, a Patriots fan having so little hope

Expectations for a rookie QB not that high.
Oh and the dorky Cowboys fans like yourself so obnoxious!

You do realize that your team hasn't been a factor in decades now?

But yet Cowboys this and Cowboys that!!

So many overpaid choking players it's a joy every year they fall short..

Re: Cowboys Playoff Loss 20/20 Hindsight/Reflection

<1c9edbaa-ffe9-4c0e-aced-06c9057f8b05n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2144&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#2144

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 14:24:58 -0800 (PST)
From: prohuman...@gmail.com (observer)
 by: observer - Fri, 21 Jan 2022 22:24 UTC

On Friday, January 21, 2022 at 3:59:17 PM UTC-6, dls...@gmail.com wrote:

> On Friday, January 21, 2022 at 4:48:57 PM UTC-5, observer wrote:

> > On Friday, January 21, 2022 at 3:14:23 PM UTC-6, dls...@gmail.com wrote:

> > > On Friday, January 21, 2022 at 3:34:52 PM UTC-5, observer wrote:

~> > .> > Follow-up:
~> > .> >
[...]
~> > .> > *--- --- ---*

/> > [clarifying inserts in brackets, not part
/> > of original response]
/> >
[...]
/> > *--- --- ---*

*> https://youtu.be/h1gozOI8cUM
*>
*> Why did Dak run the 🏈🏈🏈🏈??
*>
*> I don't know ...
*> Cheers..

Documented elsewhere in comments by
McCarthy, Dak, & Kellen Moore, along with
criticisms of that decision.

In another post dls says, among other anti-
Cowboys comments, "it's a joy every year
they fall short."

Here's a Patriots fan (or someone else wit-
nessing a Patriots fan's reaction to the Bills
win over the Patriots Wild Card game), not
to delight in that fan's pain, just to add an
example of how some fans of every team,
whether favored or not, are saddened ...

.... when their team loses, & I'm simply re-
sponding to your 2 video links (thus far),
not to delight in any teams' losses or any
fan's sadness, simply to show that losing
invokes sadness in some fans of every
losing team, the Patriots & the Cowboys
just 2 examples: https://youtu.be/SN7TYxgpOrE

--- --- ---

Re: Cowboys Playoff Loss 20/20 Hindsight/Reflection

<172cc92f-77d5-481b-98dd-1ef6310a6177n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=2373&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#2373

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2022 19:16:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: prohuman...@gmail.com (observer)
 by: observer - Tue, 5 Apr 2022 02:16 UTC

Follow-up regarding the sun at AT&T stadium:

/> ~> > .> > Follow-up:
/> ~> > .> >
/> ~> > .> > Link to previous posts in this thread:
/> ~> > .> > https://groups.google.com/g/alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys/c/aKCGW7KDLV0/m/JFYSbTfKAQAJ
/> ~> > .> >
/> ~> > .> > Jerry on 105.3 The Fan today:
/> ~> > .> >
/> ~> > .> > Regarding the sun causing Cedrick Wilson to
/> ~> > .> > be blinded & not catch a pass vs the 49ers:
/> ~> > .> > Jerry won't do anything to prevent that, like by
/> ~> > .> > putting up curtains to prevent the sun from
/> ~> > .> > blinding players during the game. He basically
/> ~> > .> > laughed at that, & did the "not my responsibility"
/> ~> > .> > thing. "It's nothing," he says.
/> ~> > .> >
/> ~> > .> > Preventable, yes, but not by Jerry Jones, not
/> ~> > .> > with that kind of attitude.

---
April 4 2022

'Vince puts the curtains Jerry won't'
Yes, blackout curtains do exist at AT&T Stadium
https://www.wfaa.com/article/sports/nfl/cowboys/att-stadium-curtains-dallas-cowboys-sun-glare-wwe-wrestlemania/287-983c8dd6-33e7-4671-9760-56070febd175
---

Photo: Sun light pours in through the West end
zone at AT&T Stadium as Washington & Dallas
Cowboys play in the first half of an NFL football
game, Thursday, Nov. 24, 2016, in Arlington, Texas.
https://media.wfaa.com/assets/WFAA/images/c9d0ff65-eecf-424e-a92c-7488365b3b24/c9d0ff65-eecf-424e-a92c-7488365b3b24_1140x641.jpg

The answer to Cowboys fans' frustrations seems
simple: Don't the Cowboys have curtains they can
put up to block the sun?

WrestleMania 38 showed that yes, in fact, there can
be curtains put up to block the sun from peeking into
AT&T Stadium.

Photo: Apr 3, 2022 from AT&T Stadium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FPdoZIFWYAMMntx?format=jpg&name=900x900

"Vince puts the curtains Jerry won't," an attendee wrote
on Twitter.

It wasn't yet clear if "Vince" – that being Vince McMahon,
the CEO of the WWE – brought his own curtains, or if AT&T
Stadium provided them as host.

WFAA reached out to the Cowboys for comment about the
usage of curtains during games and events in the future but
did not immediately hear back.

=== === ==

Re: Cowboys Playoff Loss 20/20 Hindsight/Reflection

<887e5676-8202-4a99-a3aa-440c0c4cfd27n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=4025&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#4025

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2023 20:00:12 -0700 (PDT)
From: prohuman...@gmail.com (observer)
 by: observer - Sat, 8 Apr 2023 03:00 UTC

Follow-up to post documenting sun problems at
AT&T stadium during Cowboys sunny day games:
https://groups.google.com/g/alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys/c/aKCGW7KDLV0/m/IHJbsbHrAAAJ

---
April 7 2023

NFL Fans Blast Jerry Jones For Fixing Sunlight
Issue At AT&T Stadium For Taylor Swift But Not
the Cowboys
https://www.totalprosports.com/nfl/jerry-jones-fix-sunlight-issue-att-stadium-taylor-swift-concert-cowboys/
---

Sidenote: Even billionaires are people with quirks,
& for reasons unknown, something having to do
with Jerry obsessing on his stadium being "per-
fect", or Jerry insisting the glaring sun in player
eyes doesn't matter, or Jerry being so old (now
80) & stubborn he refuses to fix an easily fixable ...

.... problem (one can only guess, & it probably
would take a psychologist to figure out why
Jerry won't fix that glaring sunlight flaw).

Perhaps the answer to that resides somewhere
in the following:
https://personalityatwork.co/celebrity/profile/jerry-jones
https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/Journal/Issues/2017/05/22/Opinion/From-The-Executive-Editor.aspx
https://www.sportscasting.com/jerry-jones-mismanagement-of-the-dallas-cowboys-could-be-perfectly-explained-by-a-simple-psychological-concept/

Perhaps, speaking of psychological issues or
quirks, Jerry's unwillingness to fix the sunlight
flaw is similar to Jerry's unwillingness to put
Jimmy Johnson in the Cowboys Ring of Honor,
put simply, Jerry's HUGE EGO, put another way:

1) Jerry's stubbornness
https://www.google.com/search?q=stubbornness+meaning
"dogged determination not to change one's
attitude or position on something."

2) Jerry's megalomania
https://www.google.com/search?q=megalomania+meaning
"obsession with the exercise of power, especially
in the domination of others."

3) Jerry's narcissism
https://www.google.com/search?q=narcissism+meaning
"PSYCHOLOGY: selfishness, involving a sense
of entitlement, a lack of empathy, and a need
for admiration, as characterizing a personality
type."