From: ala...@yahoo.com (Allen)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Kenney:_Warriors’_Andre_Iguodala_will_miss_Game
_2_of_NBA_Finals
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2022 18:34:18 -0700
 by: Allen - Tue, 7 Jun 2022 01:34 UTC

Warriors’ Andre Iguodala will miss Game 2 of NBA Finals
The Warriors listed Andre Iguodala as "out" for Game 2 of the NBA Finals
against Boston just hours before the scheduled tip
>SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA – JUNE 2: Golden State Warriors’ Andre
Iguodala (9) reacts after a play against the Boston Celtics in the
fourth quarter of Game 1 of their NBA Finals at the Chase Center in San
Francisco, Calif., on Thursday, June 2, 2022.(Ray Chavez/Bay Area News
Group)
>SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA – JUNE 2: Golden State Warriors’ Andre
Iguodala (9) reacts after a play against the Boston Celtics in the
fourth quarter of Game 1 of their NBA Finals at the Chase Center in San
Francisco, Calif., on Thursday, June 2, 2022.(Ray Chavez/Bay Area News
Group)
By MADELINE KENNEY | mkenney@bayareanewsgroup.com | Bay Area News Group
PUBLISHED: June 5, 2022 at 2:43 p.m. | UPDATED: June 5, 2022 at 4:48 p.m.
https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2022/06/05/warriors-andre-iguodala-will-miss-game-2-of-nba-finals/

SAN FRANCISCO — The Warriors will be without a key veteran in Game 2 of
the NBA Finals Sunday night as they look to rebound from a disappointing
series-opening loss to the Celtics.

After initially being listed on the team’s injury report as questionable
with a left cervical disc injury, Andre Iguodala was downgraded to out
with right knee inflammation about 2 1/2 hours before tip-off.

Coach Steve Kerr said Iguodala’s knee swelled up after practice Saturday
afternoon and he’ll be day-to-day going forward.

Iguodala returned to the court from an extended absence due to a neck
injury in Game 1 of the NBA Finals. He played 12 minutes in the loss to
the Celtics, scoring seven points on 3-of-4 shooting. Primarily
operating as the Warriors’ ball-handler when he played, Iguodala tallied
three assists with only one turnover, though he did commit three fouls.

Iguodala wasn’t the only player on the Warriors injury list ahead of
Game 2. Otto Porter Jr. (right foot) and Gary Payton II (left elbow)
were both reported to be questionable for Sunday night’s game.

Porter played 23 minutes off the bench in Game 1, scoring 12 points and
grabbing four rebounds.

Payton didn’t play at all because Kerr didn’t believe he was ready.

“I didn’t feel comfortable in Game 1 playing him because it didn’t
appear that he was healthy enough to play,” Kerr said. “He was cleared
to play, which meant there was an understanding with the training staff
with Gary [he could be available for] special circumstances, we need one
stop at the end of the game, at the end of a quarter, play him. But it’s
literally been a day-to-day thing, and he’s made some improvement the
last couple of days and I anticipate getting him out there tonight.”

Payton said Saturday he could “play all 48 minutes if needed to,” but is
just waiting for the call from Kerr to put him in.

“It’s frustrating, but coach will call me at the right time, so I’m
going to be ready for him and my teammates and go out there and make a
difference,” he said.

>RELATED ARTICLES
Kurtenbach: Kevon Looney — the perfect role player — has proven
indispensable in the Warriors’ title push
Warriors notes: Another assistant coach up for NBA head coaching gig
‘Heartbroken’ Michael B. Jordan seen at Warriors game after Lori
Harvey split
One statistic shows how the Warriors’ defense dominated Boston in Game 2
Kurtenbach: Brown’s NBA Finals rookie mistake gives Draymond and the
Warriors the upper hand

Payton, the Warriors defensive ace, could be an option to fill
Iguodala’s rotation spot. Golden State could also turn to either of
their rookies, Jonathan Kuminga or Moses Moody, in that spot.

Iguodala, 38, was limited to just 31 regular-season games as he dealt
with knee, hip and back issues. Sunday will be his 14th game of the
playoffs he’ll watch from the bench in street clothes. Iguodala
previously missed more than a month as he dealt with a lingering neck issue.

He played in Game 1 of the first round against Denver, sat out Game 2,
played in both Games 3 and 4 in Denver and was out for Game 5 and the
rest of the Western Conference playoffs.

Iguodala had been speaking in jest about his injury status in the
run-up, saying on Wednesday that he’s “just trying to finish the season
walking on two feet. If I do that, it’s a successful season.”