From: ala...@yahoo.com (Allen)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Simon: Despite strong shooting night from Splash Brothers, Dubs lose
Game 3
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2022 20:09:57 -0700
 by: Allen - Fri, 10 Jun 2022 03:09 UTC

Warriors-Celtics live updates: Despite strong shooting night from Splash
Brothers, Dubs lose Game 3
The Warriors head to Boston to try and take the series lead in the NBA
Finals against the Celtics
>BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS – JUNE 7: The Golden State Warriors practice at
TD Garden in Boston, Mass., Tuesday, June 7, 2022, in preparation for
Game 3 of the NBA Finals. (Karl Mondon/Bay Area News Group)
>BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS – JUNE 7: The Golden State Warriors practice at
TD Garden in Boston, Mass., Tuesday, June 7, 2022, in preparation for
Game 3 of the NBA Finals. (Karl Mondon/Bay Area News Group)
By ALEX SIMON | asimon@bayareanewsgroup.com | Bay Area News Group
PUBLISHED: June 8, 2022 at 4:00 p.m. | UPDATED: June 9, 2022 at 4:22 a.m.
https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2022/06/08/warriors-celtics-live-updates-dubs-trying-to-pull-ahead-as-nba-finals-ship-up-to-boston/

To view the live updates on your mobile device click here.

GAME ESSENTIALS: Warriors (53-29) vs. Celtics (51-31), at 6 p.m. (PT).
TV: ABC

ODDS: Celtics -3.5. OVER/UNDER: 213.

FINALS SERIES UPDATE: Series tied, 1-1. LAST PLAYOFF MEETING: Celtics
won 1964 NBA Finals 4-1.

Much like the Dropkick Murphys once sang, the Warriors are shipping up
to Boston for Game 3 of the 2022 NBA Finals.

Golden State split the first two games on their home court and will now
need to continue their NBA-record streak of getting a road win in a
playoff series for the 27th consecutive time. That’s every single
playoff series that Steph Curry, Klay Thompson and Draymond Green have
played in — and, oh by the way, they’ve won at least two games in every
single series they’ve played in, too.

Curry, for his part, has been sensational in the Finals so far, scoring
more than twice the amount of points (63) as any of his teammates
(Andrew Wiggins is second, with 31). He’s also been stellar on the
defensive end, helping Golden State suffocate Boston in the second half.

>RELATED ARTICLES
Photos: Steph Curry’s former East Bay mansion listed for $9.4 million
Kurtenbach: Warriors need every bit of injured Curry in Game 4 — and
much more from teammates
NBA Finals: Warriors star Steph Curry ‘confident’ he’ll play in Game 4
Draymond Green says podcast isn't distracting him, but ex-players
disagree
The Warriors' fourth-quarter woes define these NBA Finals

The Warriors got a big boost on that defensive end from Gary Payton II’s
return from his elbow fracture. The 6-foot-3 guard can defend players
much bigger and taller than him and will need to continue to show that
he can do that in hostile environments. And, of course, no mention of
Golden State’s defense can be made without noting how impactful Green
can be on that end when he’s at his best, like he was for a good stretch
on Sunday.

Thompson, meanwhile, has struggled mightily during the Finals so far,
and Jordan Poole was deep in the struggles until late in the third
quarter of Game 2. While Curry’s led the charge offensively, either
Poole or Thompson stepping up could help unburden Curry — or add extra
firepower to make it a hard assignment for the Celtics.

Can either Thompson or Poole (or anyone else) have a big night
offensively to complement Curry? How do the Celtics adjust to try and
break down the Golden State defense, now featuring Payton? And can the
Warriors extend their NBA record by pulling off a win on the road and
retake home court advantage?

Follow along as reporters Madeline Kenney and Shayna Rubin and columnist
Dieter Kurtenbach break down those questions and more in Game 3 of the
NBA Finals.