From: ala...@yahoo.com (Allen)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Simon:_What_the_Warriors_are_saying_after_Steph_Curry
’s ‘stunning’ performance leads Dubs to Ga
me_4_win
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 19:36:31 -0700
 by: Allen - Sun, 12 Jun 2022 02:36 UTC

What the Warriors are saying after Steph Curry’s ‘stunning’ performance
leads Dubs to Game 4 win
Curry scored 43 points to help the Warriors come from behind to take
Game 4 of the NBA Finals from the Boston Celtics and even the series at
two games apiece.
>BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS – JUNE 10: Golden State Warriors’ Stephen Curry
(30) reacts after scoring a basket late in the fourth quarter of a
107-97 victory over the Boston Celtics in Game 4 of the NBA Finals at TD
Garden in Boston, Mass., on Friday, June 10, 2022, at TD Garden in
Boston, Mass. (Karl Mondon/Bay Area News Group)
>BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS – JUNE 10: Golden State Warriors’ Stephen Curry
(30) reacts after scoring a basket late in the fourth quarter of a
107-97 victory over the Boston Celtics in Game 4 of the NBA Finals at TD
Garden in Boston, Mass., on Friday, June 10, 2022, at TD Garden in
Boston, Mass. (Karl Mondon/Bay Area News Group)
By ALEX SIMON | asimon@bayareanewsgroup.com | Bay Area News Group
PUBLISHED: June 10, 2022 at 9:11 p.m. | UPDATED: June 11, 2022 at 11:41 a.m.
https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2022/06/10/what-the-warriors-are-saying-after-steph-currys-stunning-performance-leads-dubs-to-game-4-win/

With their backs firmly against the wall, the Warriors needed their
hobbled superstar to carry them to a victory.

And boy, did Stephen Curry ever deliver.

Curry scored 43 points — and grabbed 10 rebounds, too — to help the
Warriors come from behind to take Game 4 of the NBA Finals from the
Boston Celtics, 107-97, and even the series at two games apiece.

The win gives the Warriors another road victory in a postseason series,
something they have done in each and every one of the 27 playoff series
that Curry, Klay Thompson and Draymond Green have ever played in. It
also means that the trio has won two games in every playoff series
they’ve ever played in, too.

And while Thompson hit some vital 3-pointers in the fourth quarter and
both Kevon Looney and Andrew Wiggins gave vital performances, June 10,
2022 is set up to forever be remembered as The Steph Curry Game.

Here’s what the Warriors are saying after the game:

>BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS – JUNE 08: Golden State Warriors head coach
Steve Kerr talks to Golden State Warriors’ Stephen Curry (30) during
their game against the Boston Celtics in the first quarter of Game 3 of
the NBA Finals at TD Garden in Boston, Mass., on Wednesday, June 8,
2022. (Nhat V. Meyer/Bay Area News Group)

STEVE KERR

On Curry’s performance:

Just stunning. The physicality out there is, you know, pretty dramatic.
I mean, Boston’s got obviously, best defense in the league. Huge and
powerful at every position, and for Steph to take that — that kind of
pressure all game long and still be able to defend at the other end when
they are coming at him shows you, I think this is the strongest
physically he’s ever been in his career, and it’s allowing him to do
what he’s doing.

On the emotion Curry showed on the night:

Well, everybody was emotional tonight. Down 2-1, we had to come out with
some desperation and more physicality than we showed in Game 3. So it
was a team-wide sense of aggression and emotion. That started right from
the opening tip. Steph obviously doesn’t normally show a lot of emotion,
but a night like tonight warranted it.

On pulling Draymond in the middle of the fourth:

Yeah, we took him out and put Loon in around maybe the eight-minute mark
maybe, 7:40, which was our plan, anyway. But Loon was playing so well
and Jordan Poole was playing so well, so we just stayed with the group.

We generally do that. Like most coaches, if you’ve got a group that’s
going well, you just stay with it. The last few minutes we just went to
kind of an offense-defense pattern with Draymond and Jordan alternating.

On sitting Curry to start the fourth:

He was not happy. I felt pretty good about where we were. The other
night he played the whole fourth, and I didn’t love the way that quarter
went, not because of how he played, but I think we were in a pretty good
spot.

You know, to buy him a few minutes in that fourth quarter to start, I
think to me was important. But you never know how it all plays out. You
just kind of go with your gut.

On the 26th consecutive playoff series with a road win:

Well, you have a group of guys who are going to be in the Hall of Fame
someday: Steph, Klay, Draymond. These guys are the constant. They have
been here together throughout that span. So they are not only gifted but
they are incredibly competitive, and that’s what it takes to win on the
road. You have to summon that kind of will and intensity and passion,
and those guys have that.

>RELATED ARTICLES
Photos: Curry wills Warriors to Game 4 win
LeBron James leads the world of sports in heaping praise on Warriors’
Steph Curry
Warriors’ Wiggins continues stellar postseason with career-best
rebounding effort in Game 4
Possible WNBA Bay Area expansion comes with complicated ownership choice
Kurtenbach: The Warriors are clutch, Boston is not and that gives
Golden State a clear edge in these even NBA Finals

>BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS – JUNE 10: Golden State Warriors’ Klay Thompson
(11) shoots a 3-pointer against the Boston Celtics in the third quarter
of Game 4 of the NBA Finals at TD Garden in Boston, Mass., on Friday,
June 10, 2022. (Karl Mondon/Bay Area News Group)

KLAY THOMPSON

On Curry showing emotion:

I think I have seen him show that much emotion, and the heart on that
man is incredible. You know, the things he does we kind of take for
granted from time to time, but to go out there and put us on his back, I
mean, we got to help him out on Monday. Wow, just showed why he is —
shocking he wasn’t a First Team All-NBA guy, but whatever, next year.

On his fourth quarter 3-pointers:

You know, I got some great looks all night, and come playoff time,
especially in the Finals, it’s hard to get good looks. Teams going to
blanket us. So when you get that little, you know, space, you’ve got to
let it fly. Been in this league too long to ever doubt myself,
especially in the highest pressurized moments. You’ve just got to let
that thing go and trust your word, trust your touch, and luckily I made
them when they counted. Still thinking about that one I missed on the
left wing, great pass from Andrew, but luckily I have Draymond who made
an incredible rebound, and I’ll make it on Monday.

On where Curry’s game ranks on his resume:

I think probably No. 1. I mean, this was nearly a must-win game, and to
go out there and shoot as efficiently as he did, and grab 10 rebounds
and they were attacking him on defense; I mean, his conditioning is
second-to-none in this league. Steph played incredible.

On what is needed to be bottled up from this night:

Well, we have re-established home court again. We can’t look ahead.
We’ve got to play with that same force in the fourth quarter that we
did, bring that Monday. And it’s going to be rocking there in Chase
Center. I can’t wait to see our fans. I know they are excited. I know it
was rocking in there tonight. So we can’t look ahead. Just be present
and embrace your off-day, but then get some good work Sunday. And then
when Monday comes, just live in the moment, because you don’t do
yourself any good if you’re looking ahead to Game 6 or 7 or a
championship. You’ve just got to embrace these moments. It’s special to
be one of the last two teams playing, and I know we’re all going to
bring it Monday. We’re so excited. This was a special night for Dub Nation.

>BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS – JUNE 10: Golden State Warriors’ Stephen Curry
(30) takes a shot against Boston Celtics’ Marcus Smart (36) and Boston
Celtics’ Robert Williams (44) in the first quarter of Game 4 of the NBA
Finals at TD Garden in Boston, Mass., on Friday, June 10, 2022. (Nhat V.
Meyer/Bay Area News Group)

STEPH CURRY

On what his performance means:

It means everything, knowing the sense of urgency we had to have tonight
to win on the road and keep some life in the series, get home-court
advantage back and try to create some momentum our way. It was a
hard-fought win. I think the first quarter really set the tone. Even
though we were down one, it was a night and day difference between Game
3 and Game 4 how we came out defensively, and that just gives you enough
life to withstand some rough patches. And then, you know, find some
runs. We get some stops, get out in transition, guys get involved. And
you give yourself a chance to win it down the stretch. Proud of
everybody in terms of our physicality, our focus, perseverance
throughout the game. 2-2 is way better than 3-1 going home. Job well
done tonight.

On if he felt this brewing:

Yeah, again, it’s kind of how we wanted to start the game. We rely on
Draymond bringing that energy and fire throughout the course of the
season, and year after year. Felt like we just had to let everybody know
that we were here tonight. Whether that’s their crowd, their team, our
team, whoever wants to see that energy and that fire, we feed off of
that. Yeah, I think it helped us just get settled into the game because,
obviously, our experience, you can want it so bad, you kind of get in
your own way a little bit and everybody feels a little bit of pressure,
and it can go the opposite way. I wanted to try to leverage that in a
positive direction for us to start the game.

Click here to read the complete article