From: ala...@yahoo.com (Allen)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Simon: Wiggins powers Game 5 win, Dubs now one win away from a title
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2022 20:18:46 -0700
 by: Allen - Wed, 15 Jun 2022 03:18 UTC

Warriors-Celtics Game 5 updates: Wiggins powers Game 5 win, Dubs now one
win away from a title
The Golden State Warriors are back in San Francisco to take on the
Boston Celtics in Game 5 of the NBA Finals
>BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS – JUNE 10: Golden State Warriors’ Stephen Curry
(30) passes around Boston Celtics’ Al Horford (42) in the third quarter
of Game 4 of the NBA Finals at TD Garden in Boston, Mass., on Friday,
June 10, 2022. (Karl Mondon/Bay Area News Group)
>BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS – JUNE 10: Golden State Warriors’ Stephen Curry
(30) passes around Boston Celtics’ Al Horford (42) in the third quarter
of Game 4 of the NBA Finals at TD Garden in Boston, Mass., on Friday,
June 10, 2022. (Karl Mondon/Bay Area News Group)
By ALEX SIMON | asimon@bayareanewsgroup.com | Bay Area News Group
PUBLISHED: June 13, 2022 at 4:00 p.m. | UPDATED: June 14, 2022 at 4:12 a.m.
https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2022/06/13/warriors-celtics-game-5-live-updates-dubs-back-in-the-bay-for-pivotal-game/

To view the live updates on your mobile device click here.

GAME ESSENTIALS: Celtics (51-31) vs. Warriors (53-29), at 6 p.m. (PT).
TV: ABC

ODDS: Warriors -4. OVER/UNDER: 210.5.

FINALS SERIES UPDATE: Series tied, 2-2. LAST PLAYOFF MEETING: Celtics
won 1964 NBA Finals 4-1.

The Warriors had the whole weekend to bask in the glory of Stephen
Curry’s legendary Game 4 effort to get an NBA Finals-tying win in Boston.

It’s now Monday and it’s go-time for Golden State, back on their home
floor for Game 5 against the Celtics. And now, the Warriors have to hope
that either Curry can do it again … or someone can step up to ease the
burden on their all-time great.

Golden State will be relying on Andrew Wiggins and Kevon Looney to
continue to impact the game in massive ways, just as they did in Game 4.
It would also be a welcome sight to the Warriors if Draymond Green can
get out of his funk and start to provide the type of energy, tenacity
and ferocity that they’ve come to know and love over the years.

>RELATED ARTICLES
How Poole’s buzzer beater spurred Warriors’ fourth-quarter spurt to
beat Celtics
Is Steph Curry still a shoo-in for series MVP after Wiggins' big night?
Photos: Golden State Warriors win Game 5 over Boston Celtics by 10
After ‘atrocious’ outing and benching in Boston, Draymond Green
answers the call in Game 5
Kurtenbach: ‘Checkbook win’? ESPN commentator’s post-Game 5 potshot
is embarrassing

And perhaps Klay Thompson’s big fourth quarter on Friday night can carry
over to his best playoff series game. Even though he carries the “Game 6
Klay” nickname proudly, Thompson actually averages more points per
playoff series game in Game 5s (22.15 in 20 games) than in Game 6s (20.7
in 12 games).

The Celtics carry a perfect 7-0 record in games after a loss in this
postseason onto the road, where they’ve won 8-of-11 games during these
playoffs. The Warriors, meanwhile, are 10-1 on the Chase Center floor.
Something will have to give.

Can Curry give a repeat of his marvelous Game 4? Can any other Warrior –
or multiple Warriors – make it so he doesn’t have to? Do we see a
Thompson explosion? Can the Dubs win back-to-back games and set
themselves up for a shot at clinching their fourth NBA title on Thursday?

Follow along as reporters Madeline Kenney, Shayna Rubin and Cam Inman
and columnist Dieter Kurtenbach break down those questions and more in
Game 5 of the NBA Finals.