From: ala...@yahoo.com (Allen)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Simon: The Golden State Warriors are NBA champions once again
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2022 21:17:50 -0700
 by: Allen - Sat, 18 Jun 2022 04:17 UTC

Warriors-Celtics Game 6 updates: The Golden State Warriors are NBA
champions once again
The Warriors can win the NBA championship in Boston when they face the
Celtics in Game 6 of the NBA Finals.
>SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA – JUNE 13: Golden State Warriors’ Stephen
Curry (30) and Golden State Warriors’ Andrew Wiggins (22) battle Boston
Celtics’ Jayson Tatum (0) for a loose ball in the third quarter of Game
5 of the NBA Finals at the Chase Center in San Francisco, Calif., on
Monday, June 13, 2022. (Jose Carlos Fajardo/Bay Area News Group)
>SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA – JUNE 13: Golden State Warriors’ Stephen
Curry (30) and Golden State Warriors’ Andrew Wiggins (22) battle Boston
Celtics’ Jayson Tatum (0) for a loose ball in the third quarter of Game
5 of the NBA Finals at the Chase Center in San Francisco, Calif., on
Monday, June 13, 2022. (Jose Carlos Fajardo/Bay Area News Group)
By ALEX SIMON | asimon@bayareanewsgroup.com | Bay Area News Group
PUBLISHED: June 16, 2022 at 4:00 p.m. | UPDATED: June 16, 2022 at 8:28 p.m.
https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2022/06/16/warriors-celtics-game-6-updates-warriors-looking-to-seal-championship/

To view the live updates on your mobile device click here.

GAME ESSENTIALS: Warriors (53-29) vs. Celtics (51-31), at 6 p.m. (PT).
TV: ABC

ODDS: Celtics -3.5. OVER/UNDER: 210.

FINALS SERIES UPDATE: Warriors lead, 3-2. LAST PLAYOFF MEETING: Celtics
won 1964 NBA Finals 4-1.

If you flash back to this exact date 10 years ago — June 16, 2012 — the
Golden State Warriors were in the same position they had seemingly
always been: coming off of a brutal season (23-43), preparing for a high
draft pick and carrying a devout fan base that was hoping, wishing,
praying for any type of spark.

It’s now 2022. In the last 10 years, the Warriors have made the NBA
playoffs eight times, the NBA Finals six times and, with just one more
win, will claim their fourth championship in that 10-year run. They’ll
get a chance to get the win for that fourth championship on Thursday
night, as they carry a 3-2 series lead into Boston for Game 6 of the NBA
Finals against the Celtics.

Perhaps most insane about this run is that the Warriors’ core has been
together through it all. Whenever the Finals conclude, Steph Curry, Klay
Thompson and Draymond Green will complete their 10th full season
together as teammates. And each is still a major contributor to this
championship, too.

>RELATED ARTICLES
Draymond Green’s post-title podcast focuses on Warriors appreciation,
with a few barbs
Joc Pederson, a lifelong Warriors fan, had ‘unbelievable experience’
sitting courtside for latest Finals win
Did the Warriors’ fourth title and Steph Curry’s Finals MVP silence
doubters? Well, not all of them.
Moore: Curry’s Finals MVP ends the dishonest criticism of his playoff
resume
Warriors never forget: All the ways the NBA champs called out their
naysayers

But even Thompson and Green will tell you that it’s Curry who is the key
to the Warriors being here again. Even when he has an off shooting night
like in Game 5, where he didn’t make a 3-pointer for the first time in
his playoff career, even the threat of Curry impacts the game and makes
it easier for others on Golden State to succeed. He’s all but guaranteed
to add a Finals MVP trophy to his resume if the Warriors win the series.

Andrew Wiggins took advantage of the focus on Curry in Game 5 with one
of his best performances of his career, scoring 26 points and grabbing
13 rebounds – which would’ve been a career high if he hadn’t grabbed 16
rebounds in Game 4. The emergence of Wiggins throughout the playoffs,
and ascendance in the Finals, has to have Golden State feeling like this
won’t be their last time on the Finals stage.

But before we coronate the Warriors, they still have to win one more
game, and the raucous — and perhaps more than a little punchy — Boston
crowd will get to try and will their Celtics to a winner-take-all Game
7. That would be back in San Francisco, so the Warriors are flying home
anyway. But they are surely hoping to bring some golden hardware with
them on the flight back.

Can Curry bounce back from his poor shooting form in Game 5? Will
Thompson bring out another “Game 6 Klay” worthy performance? Are there
any adjustments left to make this late in the series? And can the
Warriors bring home their seventh championship in franchise history and
give their core trio a fourth ring?

Follow along as reporters Madeline Kenney and Shayna Rubin and columnist
Dieter Kurtenbach break down those questions and more in Game 6 of the
NBA Finals.