Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2023 21:00:59 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: OT - When will our Moon break free of Earth? When will our Sun engulf
the Earth?
From: prohuman...@gmail.com (observer)
 by: observer - Sun, 30 Apr 2023 04:00 UTC

https://www.google.com/search?q=when+will+moon+break+free+of+earth%3F&oq=when+will+moon+break+free+of+earth%3F

You may be aware that the Moon, due to
tidal forces is being pushed away from
Earth at a rate of around a few centimeters
each year. Meaning that in around 50 billion
years it would escape Earth's gravity entirely.

Something I'd never thought of & wasn't
aware of 'til watching the following video:

Ten Fascinating Paradoxes about the
Universe that Challenge Our Understanding
https://youtu.be/k-3l_IIIoBg

No need to worry about losing the Moon, how-
ever, as there is a bigger worry much sooner
than that in that Earth will interact tidally with
the Sun's outer atmosphere, which would de-
crease Earth's orbital radius.

Drag from the chromosphere of the Sun would
reduce Earth's orbit. These effects will counter-
balance the impact of mass loss by the Sun,
and the Sun will likely engulf Earth in about
7.59 billion years.
https://www.google.com/search?q=When+will+the+sun+expand+and+destroy+earth%3F

--- --- ---

Re: OT - When will our Moon break free of Earth? When will our Sun engulf the Earth?

<ba4daf87-fcf9-4a55-8d59-2bff05e5f2fdn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=4110&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#4110

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2023 21:39:32 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: OT - When will our Moon break free of Earth? When will our Sun
engulf the Earth?
From: prohuman...@gmail.com (observer)
 by: observer - Sun, 30 Apr 2023 04:39 UTC

Follow-up:

More bad news from that video, Jupiter is
interacting with the orbit of Mercury & may
at some point fling Mercury out of the solar
system. Then, Earth & Venus will change
orbits & Earth will move closer to the sun
& Venus will move away from the sun.

Disaster for Earth, as Earth becomes like
Venus & Venus becomes like Earth. I sup-
pose when all that happens, Earth inhabi-
tants could migrate to Venus.

Another potential disaster, Mercury is not
flung out of the solar system but instead
is flung into Earth, destroying all life on
Earth.

The orbit changes mentioned in the video,
I haven't found major orbit changes men-
tioned elsewhere although minor orbit
changes are mentioned.

I have found a mention of a dramatic change
in climate for other reasons in the following:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Future_of_Earth

"In about 600 million years from now, the
level of carbon dioxide will fall below the
level needed to sustain C3 carbon fixation
photosynthesis used by trees. ... the long-
term trend is for plant life to die off altoge-
ther. The extinction of plants will be the ...

.... demise of almost all animal life since
plants are the base of much of the animal
food chain on Earth."

Seems we humans thinking of ourselves
as living in a perfect place for life, we by
and large ignore the evidence of major ex-
tinction events in Earth's past that are pos-
sible or likely to occur again in Earth's future.

I know, 600 million years from now, few
would worry about something so far in
the future & hopefully, scientific advances
will enable future humans (likely part bio-
logical part artificial intelligence entities)
to deal with such things.

On Saturday, April 29, 2023 at 11:01:01 PM UTC-5, observer wrote:

..> https://www.google.com/search?q=when+will+moon+break+free+of+earth%3F&oq=when+will+moon+break+free+of+earth%3F
..>
[...]
..> *--- --- ---*

Re: OT - When will our Moon break free of Earth? When will our Sun engulf the Earth?

<c25b3f6d-8464-4437-9845-cf06566125e4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=4196&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#4196

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Sat, 20 May 2023 08:11:48 -0700 (PDT)
engulf the Earth?
From: prohuman...@gmail.com (observer)
 by: observer - Sat, 20 May 2023 15:11 UTC

Follow-up 2:

On Saturday, April 29, 2023 at 11:39:33 PM UTC-5, observer wrote:

..> Follow-up:
..>
[...]

---
May 16 2023

New Proof Finds the ‘Ultimate Instability’
in a Solar System Model
https://www.quantamagazine.org/new-math-shows-when-solar-systems-become-unstable-20230516/
---

In 2009, a pair of astronomers at the Paris Observ-
atory announced a startling discovery. After build-
ing a detailed computational model of our solar
system, they ran thousands of numerical simula-
tions, projecting the motions of the planets billions
of years into the future.

In most of those simulations — which varied Mer-
cury’s starting point over a range of just under 1
meter — everything proceeded as expected. The
planets continued to revolve around the sun, trac-
ing out ellipse-shaped orbits that looked more or
less the way they have throughout human history.

But around 1% of the time, things went sideways
— quite literally.

The shape of Mercury’s orbit changed significantly.
Its elliptical trajectory gradually flattened, until the
planet either plummeted into the sun or collided
with Venus.

Sometimes, as it cut its new path through space,
its behavior destabilized other planets as well:

Mars, for instance, might be ejected from the solar
system, or it might crash into Earth.

Venus and Earth could, in a slow, cosmic dance,
exchange orbits several times before eventually
colliding. ...

[see article for further details, noting
that inexplicably, the article fails to
include any time parameters]
> On Saturday, April 29, 2023 at 11:01:01 PM UTC-5, observer wrote:
\> .> https://www.google.com/search?q=when+will+moon+break+free+of+earth%3F&oq=when+will+moon+break+free+of+earth%3F
\> .>
[...]
\> .> \*---~---~---*/

Re: OT - When will our Moon break free of Earth? When will our Sun engulf the Earth? Will Mercury change orbit & change orbits of Venus, Earth, & Mars?

<6f16783e-c6d3-4b6b-afa7-3bebad8d5f7cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=4197&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#4197

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Sat, 20 May 2023 08:30:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: prohuman...@gmail.com (observer)
 by: observer - Sat, 20 May 2023 15:30 UTC

(corrected re-post adding important details
to title, fixing new post placement, & adding
the information which was inappropriately
buried 'neath a "..." in my previous attempt
to post follow-up 2)