From: ala...@yahoo.com (Allen)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Simon:_Draymond_Green’s_post-title_podcast_focu
ses_on_Warriors_appreciation,_with_a_few_barbs
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2022 19:15:51 -0700
 by: Allen - Sun, 19 Jun 2022 02:15 UTC

Draymond Green’s post-title podcast focuses on Warriors appreciation,
with a few barbs
After winning his fourth NBA championship in eight years, Draymond Green
was quick to get his podcast episode posted and out to the world
>BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS – JUNE 16: Golden State Warriors’ Draymond Green
(23) defends against Boston Celtics’ Robert Williams (44) in the second
quarter of Game 6 of the NBA Finals at TD Garden in Boston, Mass., on
Thursday, June 16, 2022. (Nhat V. Meyer/Bay Area News Group)
>BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS – JUNE 16: Golden State Warriors’ Draymond Green
(23) defends against Boston Celtics’ Robert Williams (44) in the second
quarter of Game 6 of the NBA Finals at TD Garden in Boston, Mass., on
Thursday, June 16, 2022. (Nhat V. Meyer/Bay Area News Group)
By ALEX SIMON | asimon@bayareanewsgroup.com | Bay Area News Group
PUBLISHED: June 17, 2022 at 4:53 p.m. | UPDATED: June 18, 2022 at 5:09 a.m.
https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2022/06/17/draymond-greens-post-title-podcast-focuses-on-warriors-appreciation-with-a-few-barbs/

With so much attention given to his podcasting, you had to know Draymond
Green was going to bring something special to his next episode of his
podcast, “The Draymond Green Show.”

And Green was excited to be able to record it in the bowels of Boston’s
TD Garden in the extremely early morning hours, fresh off of the
Warriors’ 103-90 win over the Boston Celtics to win their fourth NBA
title in eight years.

“Draymond Green Show, live from the NBA Finals about to go down back
there,” Green said in his postgame press conference on Thursday night.
“Y’all look out. It’s going to be an incredible episode. I told y’all on
there before, don’t let us win — everybody got mad at me for cussing
with my kids up here, but you know the rest — championship, and they let
us win a championship, and you going to hear about it.”

But while Green got his barbs in at the end, the majority of “The
Draymond Green Show” episode that dropped Friday morning was more about
appreciation, with Green bringing on his Warrior teammates Klay
Thompson, Andre Iguodala and Gary Payton II as guests.

Green was still in uniform when he took over the press conference podium
to record the show, where he joked that “it took a championship to get
Klay Thompson on the podcast” and got Thompson to admit that this title
is “the sweetest one.”

“It’s like the sweetest experience I’ve ever been a part of,” Thompson
told Green. “It makes the journey that much sweeter, knowing what we had
to go through. It’s an honor, for real.”

Thompson’s appearance was brief to open the show, allowing room for
Green and Iguodala to go deep on what makes this feel so special, even
to those in it.

“I’m at a loss for words because I think they let us get this one and
we’re gonna get off, we’re gonna get our you-know-what off,” Iguodala
said. “There’s only but so many that put a strangle hold on an entire
league for this long. You’re talking about Brady, you’re talking about
the 49ers, you’re talking about the Bulls. The Spurs had it stretched
out and you can talk about the Lakers and Celtics, obviously.”

[video: Warriors title reaction w/Klay, Igoudala & GP II
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwdCBA7Z0Vc]

Green agreed with the sentiment that the other teams in the league
messed up (though they used some colorful language) by letting the
Warriors get back on top.

“I told y’all, ‘Don’t let us win a [expletive] championship,’” Green
said. “And y’all [expletive] up and let us win a championship.”

Like when he’s at his best on the floor, Green shifted into facilitator
role, asking inquisitive questions of Iguodala about being traded back
in 2019, embracing a role on the Warriors where his impact is better
felt on the bench instead of on the floor and being prepared for the
times you do get called — no matter how short those times may be.

Green also thanked Iguodala profusely, saying he knew the Warriors
wouldn’t have reached this point without him, especially knowing the
2015 Finals MVP didn’t have to come back.

“That’s our OG, that’s who has shown us the way,” Green told Iguodala.
“I know you have bigger and better things that’s awaiting for you. And
whether you decide to come back or not, the impact that you had on our
lives and our careers … this brotherhood doesn’t end. This is forever. I
can’t thank you enough for your leadership, for your guidance and being
the true definition of showing me what it meant to be a vet to someone
else.”

>RELATED ARTICLES
Warriors: Will Jonathan Kuminga play in Summer League?
Warriors notebook: Wiseman ‘90% sure’ he will play in Summer League
Kurtenbach: The Warriors built a perpetual winning machine. Now they
have to pay for it
Kenny Atkinson pulls out of Hornets head job at last second, will
remain Warriors assistant
‘Hungover’ Warriors return to bask in California sunshine — and their
championship

Green heaped love on Payton for earning his way onto the Warriors
roster, recalling how he knew Payton would not be leaving the team at
the expiration of his 10-day contract in the 2020-21 season. He also
spoke highly of the Celtics, praising head coach Ime Udoka and several
Boston players.

Only at the end of the podcast did Green turn his attention to the “old
media” that he loves to criticize so much, singling out Fox Sports’ Nick
Wright and ESPN’s Kendrick Perkins in particular. Green feels like the
“new media” — former NBA players like himself, J.J. Redick and C.J.
McCollum — approaches things differently.

“The new media is A, stand on your word. We don’t apologize for our
words, we don’t flip. You stand on your word. Good, bad or indifferent,
you stand on that,” Green said. “And B, we’re not trying to create
controversy. I’m trying to align myself with a guy or two so we can fill
some TV slots on the daily and create controversy.

“Basketball is a beautiful game, and if you know the game of basketball,
basketball will give you enough to talk about. The problem is all of the
people talking about basketball that don’t know basketball. So what do
you do? You chase controversy. The new media, we don’t do that.”

But one thing that Green is willing to do is call out the haters. He
spent most of Friday replying via quote-tweet a variety of tweets,
including one call-out of Fox Sports’ Skip Bayless for seemingly putting
words in his mouth, telling Bayless, “I don’t need you to speak for me.”

--
No Draymond was not basically saying that. I was basically saying what I
said. If they want to know what else I said, they can listen to The

Yours Truly,
The New Media https://t.co/FDqWEW7T7B
— Draymond Green (@Money23Green) June 17, 2022
--

There are sure to be more tweets and exchanges to come. And as the
Warriors return to San Francisco and prepare for another championship