From: ala...@yahoo.com (Allen)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Kenney:_‘Hungover’_Warriors_return_to_b
ask_in_California_sunshine_—_and_their_championship
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2022 19:18:40 -0700
 by: Allen - Sun, 19 Jun 2022 02:18 UTC

‘Hungover’ Warriors return to bask in California sunshine — and their
championship
The Warriors returned home to San Francisco Friday about a day after
they knocked out the Celtics to win their fourth NBA title in eight years.
>SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA – JUNE 17: The Golden State Warriors make a
triumphant return to San Francisco International Airport, Friday, June
17, 2022, with Draymond Green carrying the Larry O’Brien NBA
Championship Trophy off the plane ahead of Stephen Curry with his NBA
Finals MVP Trophy, and Klay Thompson. (Karl Mondon/Bay Area News Group)
>SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA – JUNE 17: The Golden State Warriors make a
triumphant return to San Francisco International Airport, Friday, June
17, 2022, with Draymond Green carrying the Larry O’Brien NBA
Championship Trophy off the plane ahead of Stephen Curry with his NBA
Finals MVP Trophy, and Klay Thompson. (Karl Mondon/Bay Area News Group)
By MADELINE KENNEY | mkenney@bayareanewsgroup.com | Bay Area News Group
PUBLISHED: June 17, 2022 at 8:56 p.m. | UPDATED: June 18, 2022 at 8:22 a.m.
https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2022/06/17/hungover-warriors-return-to-bask-in-california-sunshine-and-their-championship/

SAN FRANCISCO — The Warriors returned home to San Francisco Friday
evening after a late-night ripper in Boston to commemorate knocking the
Celtics off in six games to win their fourth NBA title in eight years.

“I’m not going to lie, I’m hungover,” a sleepy Steve Kerr said.

One-by-one Warriors players, coaches and front office staff exited their
charter plane and were greeted by Mayor London Breed at the bottom of
the floating stairway.

>SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA - JUNE 17: San Francisco Mayor London Breed
welcomes home Golden State Warriors head coach Steve Kerr after the NBA
champions returned to San Francisco International Airport, Friday, June
17, 2022. (Karl Mondon/Bay Area News Group)
SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA – JUNE 17: San Francisco Mayor London Breed
welcomes home Golden State Warriors head coach Steve Kerr after the NBA
champions returned to San Francisco International Airport, Friday, June
17, 2022. (Karl Mondon/Bay Area News Group)

Draymond Green carried the precious cargo that is the Larry O’Brien
Championship Trophy, while Stephen Curry held his own momentos — his
Finals MVP trophy and the game ball. Both raised the hardware to the
cheers of Warriors staffers who showed up to welcome home the reigning
champions.

>SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA - JUNE 17: Stephen Curry carries his Finals
MVP trophy and the game ball across the tarmac at San Francisco
International Airport after the team's charter returned home from
Boston, Friday, June 17, 2022. (Karl Mondon/Bay Area News Group)
SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA – JUNE 17: Stephen Curry carries his Finals
MVP trophy and the game ball across the tarmac at San Francisco
International Airport after the team’s charter returned home from
Boston, Friday, June 17, 2022. (Karl Mondon/Bay Area News Group)

Other players, like Klay Thompson and Damion Lee, had unlit cigars
sticking out of their mouths. Meanwhile, general manager Bob Myers was
spotted pushing a stroller carrying a bottle of champagne the size of a
baby.

>RELATED ARTICLES
Warriors: Will Jonathan Kuminga play in Summer League?
Warriors notebook: Wiseman ‘90% sure’ he will play in Summer League
Kurtenbach: The Warriors built a perpetual winning machine. Now they
have to pay for it
Kenny Atkinson pulls out of Hornets head job at last second, will
remain Warriors assistant
Draymond Green’s post-title podcast focuses on Warriors appreciation,
with a few barbs

“We’re champs again. Nice to bring ole Larry back home where he
belongs,” Curry said. “Like Draymond said, it’s the Warriors
Invitational, we back. So this is pretty special for sure.”

Curry described the last 24 hours as an emotional rollercoaster. He and
coach Steve Kerr reflected on the amount of work that goes into winning
a championship and to share it with the people who went through the
trenches with him is special.

>SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA - JUNE 17: With a celebratory stogie wedged
in his NBA Championship hat, Stephen Curry arrives back home at San
Francisco International Airport, Friday, June 17, 2022. (Karl Mondon/Bay
Area News Group)
SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA – JUNE 17: With a celebratory stogie wedged in
his NBA Championship hat, Stephen Curry arrives back home at San
Francisco International Airport, Friday, June 17, 2022. (Karl Mondon/Bay
Area News Group)

“This one was the most unlikely championship out of the four that we had
here,” Kerr said. “In a lot of ways just incredibly meaningful because
people didn’t really expect it and we weren’t really sure when the
season started if we could do it. So it all came together and went on a
great run and I’m just thrilled for everybody.”

Kerr said the night of celebration was great and went late.

His personal highlight was when the whole team chanted “[Expletive] you,
Draymond,” mocking the Celtics fans who hurled that taunt at the now
four-time champion during games at TD Garden.

>SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA - JUNE 17: Golden State Warriors head coach
Steve Kerr high fives a welcoming party at San Francisco International
Airport, Friday, June 17, 2022, after the team defeated the Boston
Celtics to earn the NBA championship. (Karl Mondon/Bay Area News Group)
SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA – JUNE 17: Golden State Warriors head coach
Steve Kerr high fives a welcoming party at San Francisco International
Airport, Friday, June 17, 2022, after the team defeated the Boston
Celtics to earn the NBA championship. (Karl Mondon/Bay Area News Group)

“That was pretty funny,” Kerr said.

The party might tamper off for a few days allowing players time to
recuperate before the city-wide celebration Monday.

“Everybody’s exhausted, though,” Curry said. “We’re ready to get some
rest and get ready for the parade on Monday.”

Pics:
>SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA - JUNE 17: Draymond Green carries the Larry
O'Brien NBA Championship Trophy off the plane at San Francisco
International Airport, Friday, June 17, 2022, wearing a popular Boston
Celtics playoff t-shirt hoping for their 18th championship that the
Warriors denied. (Karl Mondon/Bay Area News Group)
SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA – JUNE 17: Draymond Green carries the Larry
O’Brien NBA Championship Trophy off the plane at San Francisco
International Airport, Friday, June 17, 2022, wearing a popular Boston
Celtics playoff t-shirt hoping for their 18th championship that the
Warriors denied. (Karl Mondon/Bay Area News Group)
SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA - JUNE 17: Draymond Green gets off the plane
at San Francisco International Airport, Friday, June 17, 2022, wearing a
popular, but edited, Boston playoff t-shirt hoping for their Celtics
18th championship. The Warriors denied the Celts their 18th trophy,
winning the Warriors 7th instead. (Karl Mondon/Bay Area News Group)
SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA – JUNE 17: Draymond Green gets off the plane
at San Francisco International Airport, Friday, June 17, 2022, wearing a
popular, but edited, Boston playoff t-shirt hoping for their Celtics
18th championship. The Warriors denied the Celts their 18th trophy,
winning the Warriors 7th instead. (Karl Mondon/Bay Area News Group)
SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA - JUNE 17: The NBA champion Golden State
Warriors return to San Francisco International Airport, Friday, June 17,
2022, after defeating the Boston Celtics in Game 6. (Karl Mondon/Bay