From: ala...@yahoo.com (Allen)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Simon:_Warriors’_Draymond_Green_continues_his_b
ombastic_media_tour,_escalates_beef_with_Kendrick_Perkins
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 15:33:01 -0700
 by: Allen - Wed, 29 Jun 2022 22:33 UTC

Warriors’ Draymond Green continues his bombastic media tour, escalates
beef with Kendrick Perkins
Green used a racial slur to describe ESPN analyst Kendrick Perkins in
one of many media stops the Warriors star made this week
>SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA – JUNE 20: Golden State Warriors’ Draymond
Green holds a Larry O’Brien Championship Trophy during the Championship
Parade on Market Street in San Francisco, Calif., on Monday, June 20,
2022. The Warriors won their fourth NBA Championship in eight seasons
after defeating the Boston Celtics in the Game 6. (Ray Chavez/Bay Area
News Group)
>SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA – JUNE 20: Golden State Warriors’ Draymond
Green holds a Larry O’Brien Championship Trophy during the Championship
Parade on Market Street in San Francisco, Calif., on Monday, June 20,
2022. The Warriors won their fourth NBA Championship in eight seasons
after defeating the Boston Celtics in the Game 6. (Ray Chavez/Bay Area
News Group)
By ALEX SIMON | asimon@bayareanewsgroup.com | Bay Area News Group
PUBLISHED: June 28, 2022 at 12:10 p.m. | UPDATED: June 29, 2022 at 9:54 a.m.
https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2022/06/28/warriors-draymond-green-continues-his-bombastic-media-tour-escalates-beef-with-kendrick-perkins/

The first thing Trevor Noah said to Draymond Green when the big-talking
Warriors star came on to The Daily Show was what so many have wondered.

“I’m shocked that you have time to do anything after winning your fourth
NBA championship,” Noah said.

But Green has, apparently, found all sorts of time to promote himself
and his work on a variety of platforms. And he’s made sure to ratchet up
some personal rivalries, too.

On his latest edition of “The Draymond Green Show” that posted on
Sunday, Green had more words for ESPN analyst and former NBA player
Kendrick Perkins and seemed to escalate their beef, calling Perkins a
racial slur in the middle of a rant about Perkins’ commentary style.

Perkins took offense to the use of the slur and posted a response to
Twitter, which he has since deleted “out of respect for my company and
colleagues” but Perkins added that “I was heard loud and clear.”

“Hey Draymond, you good? The [expletive] you talking about? Didn’t you
just win your fourth championship? What the [expletive] you worried
about me for?” Perkins said. “What, you mad? You mad because I’m doing
it my way and it’s happening to work? I’m doing it my way. I ain’t gotta
do it your way, I’m doing it my way.”

Perkins also intimated that those in the NBA believe Green is a big
talker, but does not back up his words with actions.

“We all know you’re all bark and no bite,” Perkins said. “We know this.
The NBA brothers know this. A lot of them that’s talking behind your
back, the whispers, they know this. They know you’re not going to do
nothing. This is proven. This is facts. Stop with all the tough talk.”

Green did stop with the tough talk for a portion of the NBA Finals,
saying he was playing “soft” during the NBA Finals and struggling in
Games 3 and 4, to the point of being benched for a critical stretch of
the fourth quarter in Game 4.

But after back-to-back sterling efforts helped clinched the title, Green
has been back to his bashful ways, including on NBC’s multi-network
coverage of the championship parade on June 20.

“I told y’all, ‘Don’t let us win a (expletive) championship and clearly
nobody could stop it. I warned y’all,” Green said at a pre-parade event
televised by NBC Bay Area. “So I’m just going to continue to destroy
people on Twitter, as I have been.”

The telecast was not able to censor any of Green’s curses — both before
and during the parade — fast enough to keep them off the air. It even
led to NBC Bay Area’s Raj Mathai to quip that the FCC was not going to
be happy with his network.

But an NBC spokesperson told Bay Area News Group that the FCC has not
made the station aware of any complaints over Green’s comments as of
Monday, June 27, one week after the parade.

With a week since that parade, Green has struck up a media tour for his
various endeavors. A new Amazon Prime show called “The Sessions,”
released its first episode focused on Green on June 17. The show looked
at how Green is trying to “unlock further levels of greatness” by
working with self-help guru Deepak Chopra and wellness expert Devi Brown.

>RELATED ARTICLES
Warriors’ James Wiseman won’t play in California Classic, eyes chance
to return in Las Vegas
Stephen Curry tabbed as host of 2022 ESPYS
Warriors 2022 draft pick to miss Summer League with foot injury
Warriors set Summer League roster, highlighted by James Wiseman
NBA free agency: Evaluating all the Warriors’ contract situations

Green also has his own podcast, which had the episode that talked about
Perkins, and recorded a special cross-platform episode with JJ Redick
and his “Old Man and the Three” podcast that was released on Tuesday.

And Green also went on Comedy Central’s Daily Show with Noah, where
Green was asked about finding the balance between fans cursing at
players and his desire to respond. Green, while praising NBA
commissioner Adam Silver for being “one of the best CEOs in America,”
asked for the right to respond to fans in the same way they are talking
to him.

“Commissioner Silver comes out and says, ‘Hey man, those Boston fans are
great’ as they are saying, ‘[Expletive] you, Draymond,’” Green said. “So
my response to that is, ‘Great, cool. Can I turn and yell, ‘[Expletive]
them?’ Because if I can, then no problem. Let them yell what they want
to yell, I can yell what I want to yell and I can continue down the court.

“At some point, you’re kind of allowing them to do this and encouraging
it, in a way. Because they know, ‘If I say that to Draymond and he says
that to me, he’s getting fined $25,000. He’s getting fined $50,000.’ So
what I’ve said to Commish is, ‘No problem. That was fun. Let them do
their thing, but let me do my thing and don’t hit my pocketbook.’”

Through it all, what Noah says he loves about Green rings most true.

“Draymond Green says what he feels. Draymond Green says what he means,”
Noah said. “The fans love you because of this. I love watching the
postgame interviews because of you.”

--
Alex Simon | Sports Digital Strategist/Editor
Alex is a sports digital strategist and editor for Bay Area News Group.