From: ala...@yahoo.com (Allen)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Kenney: Warriors 2022 draft pick to miss Summer League with foot
injury
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 15:56:56 -0700
 by: Allen - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 22:56 UTC

Warriors 2022 draft pick to miss Summer League with foot injury
Guard Ryan Rollins, the No. 44 overall pick in last week's draft, will
miss Summer League with a foot injury.
>SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA – JUNE 24: The Golden State Warriors
presented their 2022 NBA Draft Picks Gui Santos, from left, Patrick
Baldwin Jr., and Ryan Rollins during a press conference at the Chase
Center in San Francisco, Calif., on Friday, June 24, 2022. Patrick
Baldwin Jr. with the 28th overall pick, Gui Santos with the 55th overall
pick and Ryan Rollins, the 44th overall selection in the second round.
(Jose Carlos Fajardo/Bay Area News Group)
>SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA – JUNE 24: The Golden State Warriors
presented their 2022 NBA Draft Picks Gui Santos, from left, Patrick
Baldwin Jr., and Ryan Rollins during a press conference at the Chase
Center in San Francisco, Calif., on Friday, June 24, 2022. Patrick
Baldwin Jr. with the 28th overall pick, Gui Santos with the 55th overall
pick and Ryan Rollins, the 44th overall selection in the second round.
(Jose Carlos Fajardo/Bay Area News Group)
By MADELINE KENNEY | mkenney@bayareanewsgroup.com | Bay Area News Group
PUBLISHED: June 29, 2022 at 12:44 p.m. | UPDATED: June 30, 2022 at 4:21 a.m.
https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2022/06/29/warriors-2022-draft-pick-to-miss-summer-league-with-foot-injury/

SAN FRANCISCO — The Warriors will have to table the opportunity to get a
look at one of their 2022 second-round draft picks for a later date.

Former Toledo guard Ryan Rollins, the No. 44 overall pick in last week’s
draft, will miss Summer League with a foot injury, the Warriors
announced Wednesday.

The Warriors training staff discovered Rollins had a stress fracture of
the fifth metatarsal in his right foot during his on-boarding medical
evaluation. The news came as a surprise to Rollins, who hadn’t dealt
with any discomfort throughout the draft process.

“It actually doesn’t even bother me. I really didn’t feel it,” he said.
“It’s just a precautionary thing honestly. Hasn’t been affecting [me].”

Rollins, who will turn 20 Sunday, was disappointed he’ll have to miss
exhibition action this month, but he’s trying to keep his spirits up.

“It’s for sure going to be tough because I was very excited to play in
Summer League and the California Classic but I think it’s just part of
my journey,” Rollins said. “It is what it is, I can’t do nothing about
it. I’m gonna just learn during the process, during Summer League … just
watching and watch ways in what I can get better and do what I can.”

Rollins will be re-evaluated again later this month at the end of Summer
League in Las Vegas. He’ll remain around the team for the time being,
which California Classic and Santa Cruz Warriors coach Seth Cooper
believes will be beneficial for his transition from college ball to the
professional game.

“We had him watch all the teaching aspects,” Cooper said. “He can still
get some experience learning what we’re doing, learning the coverages,
seeing what kind of offensive sets and movements and all that… It does
give him a little bit of a build up… He can at least get the mental reps
as he’s here with us.”

>RELATED ARTICLES
Kurtenbach: Kevin Durant’s trade request could be a real problem for
the Warriors
Kevin Durant gives Nets trade request exactly three years after
leaving Warriors
Here are the top Warriors to watch at Summer League
Warriors decline to give Toscano-Anderson qualifying offer, making
him unrestricted free agent
Warriors’ James Wiseman won’t play in California Classic, target
return in Las Vegas

The Warriors sent the Hawks the 51st pick, which turned into UConn guard
Tyrese Martin, and $2 million to trade up for Rollins, a 6-foot-4 combo
guard with an impressive 6-foot-10 wingspan.

Rollins was named to the Mid-Major All-American Team and First-Team
All-MAC team in his sophomore season. The four-time MAC Player of the
Week averaged 18.9 points on 46.8% shooting in 34 games last season as a
starter for the Rockets.

Rollins is the first player to be drafted from Toledo since 1998, when
the Philadelphia 76ers took Casey Shaw with the 37th overall pick.