From: ala...@yahoo.com (Allen)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Kenney: Kevon Looney expected to re-sign with Warriors on 3-year,
$25.5M deal: sources
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2022 14:34:51 -0700
 by: Allen - Sat, 2 Jul 2022 21:34 UTC

Kevon Looney expected to re-sign with Warriors on 3-year, $25.5M deal:
sources
Three-time NBA champion Kevon Looney is reportedly returning to the
Warriors for an eighth season and beyond.
>SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA – JUNE 20: Golden State Warriors’ Kevon
Looney mingles with an adoring crowd during the Golden State Warriors’
Championship Parade on Market Street in San Francisco, Calif., on
Monday, June 20, 2022. The Warriors defeated the Boston Celtics to win
their fourth NBA Championship in eight years.(Karl Mondon/Bay Area News
Group)
>SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA – JUNE 20: Golden State Warriors’ Kevon
Looney mingles with an adoring crowd during the Golden State Warriors’
Championship Parade on Market Street in San Francisco, Calif., on
Monday, June 20, 2022. The Warriors defeated the Boston Celtics to win
their fourth NBA Championship in eight years.(Karl Mondon/Bay Area News
Group)
By MADELINE KENNEY | mkenney@bayareanewsgroup.com | Bay Area News Group
PUBLISHED: July 1, 2022 at 12:12 p.m. | UPDATED: July 1, 2022 at 3:28 p.m.
https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2022/07/01/kevon-looney-expected-to-re-sign-with-warriors-on-3-year-25-5m-deal-report/

After some early losses to free agency, the Warriors secured a key piece
in their 2022 title run.

Three-time NBA champion Kevon Looney has agreed to a three-year, $25.5
million deal to return to the Warriors, league sources confirmed Friday
afternoon.

Looney was widely considered the Warriors’ top free-agent priority. The
importance of re-signing him, which was first reported by ESPN’s Adrian
Wojnarowski, was heightened when rotational players like Gary Payton II
and Otto Porter Jr. took deals elsewhere.

At 26, Looney, whom the Warriors picked 30th overall in the 2015 NBA
draft, is in his prime and played his best and most complete season in
the NBA. Hampered by injuries in past years, Looney played all 82
regular-season games and the entire postseason for the Warriors for the
first time in his career, averaging six points, 7.3 rebounds and two
assists. He was essential in the Warriors pursuit for their fourth title
in eight years.

Looney snatched a career-high 22 rebounds in the Warriors
series-clinching Game 6 win over the Memphis Grizzlies to advance to the
Western Conference finals. He also scored a career-high 21 points in
Game 1 of the Western Conference finals, a blowout win over the Dallas
Mavericks.

Re-signing Looney seemed like a no-brainer for the Warriors, who were
thin at center last season as he’s an importance presence on the boards
and in the paint. It also takes some pressure off of James Wiseman, the
former No. 2 overall pick who missed all of last season with persistent
knee issues.

It’s still unclear when Wiseman will return to live game action. He’s
been testing his knee at Summer League practices and hasn’t experienced
any setbacks in his recovery since receiving an orthobiologic injection
in his arm in April about a month after the Warriors shut him down for
the season. The goal is for Wiseman to play in the latter part of the
Las Vegas portion of Summer League later this month.