Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1,rec.autos.sport.cart,rec.autos.sport.indy,rec.autos.sport.nascar
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Subject: slightly OTish - Dearborn man has one of the largest slot car racing
tracks
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2022 14:17:05 -0700
 by: a425couple - Tue, 5 Apr 2022 21:17 UTC

see:
https://www.freep.com/in-depth/news/local/michigan/detroit/2022/04/01/jimmy-attard-dearborn-slot-car-track/7191942001/

see the citation for good pictures
especially for the F1 fans of Alex Riberio in his #9 March 76,
Jochem Mass in his #12 1976 McLaren, or Vittorio Brambilla in
his #9 March 751.

Dearborn man has one of the largest slot car racing tracks in the country
Jimmy Attard has spent 30 years creating the track which includes 18
turns, 170 hand-painted figures and close to 1,000 cars.
Eric Seals
Detroit Free Press
Published 4:00 AM PDT Apr. 1, 2022 Updated 7:08 AM PDT Apr. 1, 2022
If Jimmy Attard needs to feel young again, he heads downstairs to the
basement of his Dearborn home. It’s his fountain of youth, his trip back
in time.

“Down here, I don’t realize I’m in my late 60s. It’s no different than
when I was a kid although today my track is on a much bigger scale, and
I can afford it.”

Attard has one of the largest and most detailed slot car racing tracks
in the country and it has been a labor of love building and detailing it
for over 30 years, much of which he’d do when he wasn’t working as a
chassis designer for Ford Motor Co., which he retired from in 2005. -----
“I’m almost embarrassed, it’s almost an addiction you know? But I love
it. I love every one of them. If one was missing, I’d know it,” he said.

Hmm. I was pretty seriously into slot cars 1962 to 65, then
gradually moved over more into full size racing in 1969 and
on. If I had gotten back into the scale cars after I
retired in 2001, I could have quite the collection.
But as it is, I've got the pictures and trophies from
full size. Choices, choices. Take one road or the other.

Re: slightly OTish - Dearborn man has one of the largest slot car racing tracks

<HJ33K.2540$1%.1309@fx42.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=44&group=rec.autos.sport.cart#44

Subject: Re: slightly OTish - Dearborn man has one of the largest slot car
racing tracks
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.cart
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2022 15:51:24 -0700
 by: a425couple - Tue, 5 Apr 2022 22:51 UTC

On 4/5/2022 2:17 PM, a425couple wrote:
> see:
> https://www.freep.com/in-depth/news/local/michigan/detroit/2022/04/01/jimmy-attard-dearborn-slot-car-track/7191942001/
>

> see the citation for good pictures
> especially for the F1 fans of Alex Riberio in his #9 March 76,
> Jochem Mass in his #12 1976 McLaren, or Vittorio Brambilla in
> his #9 March 751.
>

> Dearborn man has one of the largest slot car racing tracks in the country
> Jimmy Attard has spent 30 years creating the track which includes 18
> turns, 170 hand-painted figures and close to 1,000 cars.
> Eric Seals
> Detroit Free Press
> Published 4:00 AM PDT Apr. 1, 2022 Updated 7:08 AM PDT Apr. 1, 2022
> If Jimmy Attard needs to feel young again, he heads downstairs to the
> basement of his Dearborn home. It’s his fountain of youth, his trip back
> in time.
>
> “Down here, I don’t realize I’m in my late 60s. It’s no different than
> when I was a kid although today my track is on a much bigger scale, and
> I can afford it.”
>
> Attard has one of the largest and most detailed slot car racing tracks
> in the country and it has been a labor of love building and detailing it
> for over 30 years, much of which he’d do when he wasn’t working as a
> chassis designer for Ford Motor Co., which he retired from in 2005. -----
> “I’m almost embarrassed, it’s almost an addiction you know? But I love
> it. I love every one of them. If one was missing, I’d know it,” he said.
>

> Hmm.  I was pretty seriously into slot cars 1962 to 65, then
> gradually moved over more into full size racing in 1969 and
> on.  If I had gotten back into the scale cars after I
> retired in 2001, I could have quite the collection.
> But as it is, I've got the pictures and trophies from
> full size.  Choices, choices.  Take one road or the other.

A famous Henry Ford quote, “Whether you think you can, or you think you
can’t – you’re right,” emphasizes how much attitude determines success
or failure. This is true for most projects you take on and certainly for
technology initiatives.

www.cpapracticeadvisor.com/firm-management/article/11575149/whether-you-think-you-can-or-think-you-cant-youre-right

Do you think you can or you Can't You’re right?

If You Think You Can Or You Can’t You’re Right. One of the fabled
sayings that resonates most with me comes from Henry Ford. He says that
if you think you can or you can’t, you’re right. To me, it speaks
volumes. Most of us fail before we even start towards a goal because we
lack the belief in ourselves. If you don’t believe you can achieve ...

https://www.wanderlustworker.com/if-you-think-you-can-or-you-cant-youre-right/

If You Think You Can Or You Can’t You’re Right
One of the fabled sayings that resonates most with me comes from Henry
Ford. He says that if you think you can or you can’t, you’re right. To
me, it speaks volumes. Most of us fail before we even start towards a
goal because we lack the belief in ourselves. If you don’t believe you
can achieve something, how can you expect to follow through with it?

I’m not saying that belief is all you need. But if you don’t start with
belief, you’ll go nowhere fast. We can all get intimidated by the
enormity of a goal. We can look at it in awe. At the outset, it feels so
enormous. Not knowing where to begin is often the thought that crosses
our minds. Yet there is true power in our thoughts. Those very thoughts
can either empower us or defeat us before we even get started.

Years ago, when one of my businesses failed dramatically, I remember
something my mom said to me. She asked me why I couldn’t just go and get
a 9-to-5 job. Well, to me, that was the ultimate failure. I knew I
couldn’t give up. I knew that I had to find a way no matter what it took
to get me there.

But the difference between someone who caves and accepts the hand they
think that fate dealt them, and someone else who doesn’t, is entirely
about beliefs. If you think you can or you can’t, you’re right. That’s
all about your beliefs. If you believe you can achieve something, the
only thing separating you from that goal is time. That’s it.

Sure. There are other things involved in achieving or attaining success
in some endeavor. But that’s the heart of it. That’s the secret sauce.
Because, when you believe in yourself wholeheartedly, nothing can stop
you. It doesn’t matter what your present situation is, nothing can come
between you and your dreams if you have the right beliefs.

How Henry Ford recovered from failure
I’ve talked about Henry Ford’s famous failure in the past. If you
haven’t read that post, I’d suggest reading it.
Whether You Think You Can, or Think You Can't ... You're ...