From: ala...@yahoo.com (Allen)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Kenney:_Warriors’_James_Wiseman_to_make_2022_Su
mmer_League_debut_this_weekend
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2022 18:46:41 -0700
 by: Allen - Sat, 9 Jul 2022 01:46 UTC

Warriors’ James Wiseman to make 2022 Summer League debut this weekend
Save for three G League games in March, James Wiseman hasn't played in a
game since spring of his rookie season.
>SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA – MARCH 13: Santa Cruz Warriors’ James
Wiseman (33) takes a shot against NBA G League Ignite in the third
quarter at the Chase Center in San Francisco, Calif., on Sunday, March
13, 2022. (Shae Hammond/Bay Area News Group)
>SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA – MARCH 13: Santa Cruz Warriors’ James
Wiseman (33) takes a shot against NBA G League Ignite in the third
quarter at the Chase Center in San Francisco, Calif., on Sunday, March
13, 2022. (Shae Hammond/Bay Area News Group)
By MADELINE KENNEY | mkenney@bayareanewsgroup.com | Bay Area News Group
PUBLISHED: July 8, 2022 at 6:23 p.m. | UPDATED: July 8, 2022 at 6:32 p.m.
https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2022/07/08/warriors-james-wiseman-to-make-2022-summer-league-debut-this-weekend/

LAS VEGAS — James Wiseman is slated to make his highly anticipated
return to the court this weekend.

Wiseman said he plans to make his 2022 Summer League debut Sunday when
the Warriors play the San Antonio Spurs at 4:30 p.m.

“I cannot wait to go out there and just play the game of basketball
again,” Wiseman said Friday before Golden State’s Las Vegas opener
against the New York Knicks. “I’ve been through a lot of tough times but
I cannot wait to just go out there and play.”

Wiseman, 21, has played in only 39 NBA games since being drafted second
overall in 2020 and none since April 10, 2021 due to a meniscus tear in
his right knee. Wiseman was expected to return that fall for training
camp, but setbacks prolonged his rehabilitation process. He’s since
undergone two additional procedures, including an orthobiologic
injection in his arm in April, which was intended to promote healing
throughout his body.

The Warriors have gradually increased Wiseman’s workload in recent
weeks. He alternated between five-on-five scrimmages and lighter work
days for about the last week as Golden State’s staff closely monitored
how his body responded to the conditioning. He was drenched in sweat and
appeared gassed after his most recent test after Wednesday’s practice,
which assistant coach Jama Mahlalela said was purposeful.

“Part of his growth, he’s got to get his wind back. You have to almost
just blow it out and get him super fatigued, it’s really the only way to
push him to the next level,” said Mahlalela, who’s coaching the Warriors
summer squad in Las Vegas.

Wiseman said the ramp-up process over the last few weeks has been a
challenge.

“It’s hard not playing in a year and a half, almost two years, like
that’s difficult especially being an athlete,” he said. “But you’ve just
got to push through it, I’m just trying to figure it out.”

Wiseman hopes the bad days are behind him. It’s a “blessing” he said to
finally have a date set to play in a game in front of fans.

“I’ve been through a lot so to go out there and just play competitively
again and have fun, I cannot wait for that,” he said.

Re: Kenney: Warriors’ James Wiseman to make 2022 Summer League debut this weekend

<jisku3Ftpt2U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=4305&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#4305

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Re:_Kenney:_Warriors’_James_Wiseman_to_make_2022_
Summer_League_debut_this_weekend
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2022 02:18:28 -0400
 by: Robin Miller - Sat, 9 Jul 2022 06:18 UTC

Allen wrote:
> [...]
> which assistant coach Jama Mahlalela said was purposeful.
>
> “Part of his growth, he’s got to get his wind back. You have to almost
> just blow it out and get him super fatigued, it’s really the only way to
> push him to the next level,” said Mahlalela, who’s coaching the Warriors
> summer squad in Las Vegas.
>
> Wiseman said the ramp-up process over the last few weeks has been a
> challenge.
>
> “It’s hard not playing in a year and a half, almost two years, like
> that’s difficult especially being an athlete,” he said. “But you’ve just
> got to push through it, I’m just trying to figure it out.”
>
> Wiseman hopes the bad days are behind him. It’s a “blessing” he said to
> finally have a date set to play in a game in front of fans.
>
> “I’ve been through a lot so to go out there and just play competitively
> again and have fun, I cannot wait for that,” he said.

I really hopes this works.

These games seem to be televised. I will tune in.

--Robin