From: ala...@yahoo.com (Allen)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Crowley: Warriors: Wiseman scores 11, adds two blocks in Summer
League finale
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2022 14:54:48 -0700
 by: Allen - Mon, 18 Jul 2022 21:54 UTC

Warriors: Wiseman scores 11, adds two blocks in Summer League finale
Warriors center James Wiseman scored 11 points, grabbed six rebounds and
added two blocks in a Summer League loss to the Wizards
>LAS VEGAS, NEVADA – JULY 10: James Wiseman #33 of the Golden State
Warriors drives against Dominick Barlow #26 of the San Antonio Spurs
during the 2022 NBA Summer League at the Thomas & Mack Center on July
10, 2022 in Las Vegas, Nevada. NOTE TO USER: User expressly acknowledges
and agrees that, by downloading and or using this photograph, User is
consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License
Agreement. (Photo by Ethan Miller/Getty Images)
>LAS VEGAS, NEVADA – JULY 10: James Wiseman #33 of the Golden State
Warriors drives against Dominick Barlow #26 of the San Antonio Spurs
during the 2022 NBA Summer League at the Thomas & Mack Center on July
10, 2022 in Las Vegas, Nevada. NOTE TO USER: User expressly acknowledges
and agrees that, by downloading and or using this photograph, User is
consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License
Agreement. (Photo by Ethan Miller/Getty Images)
By KERRY CROWLEY | kcrowley@bayareanewsgroup.com | Bay Area News Group
PUBLISHED: July 17, 2022 at 7:33 p.m. | UPDATED: July 18, 2022 at 4:38 a.m.
https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2022/07/17/warriors-wiseman-scores-11-adds-two-blocks-in-summer-league-finale/

With 2021 lottery picks Jonathan Kuminga and Moses Moody watching the
Warriors’ Summer League finale in street clothes, all eyes were on James
Wiseman on Sunday in Las Vegas.

The No. 2 overall pick in the 2020 draft closed out his summer slate
with an 11-point, six-rebound and two-block effort in an 87-77 loss to
the Washington Wizards.

After missing the entire 2021-2022 season due to persistent knee issues
following a meniscus surgery last year, Wiseman stayed healthy and
showed flashes of promise in an encouraging Summer League stretch that
suggests he’ll be capable of contributing to Golden State this season.

While there are still questions about Wiseman’s durability and what the
Warriors can realistically expect from such an inexperienced player on a
team with championship aspirations, his play in Las Vegas is viewed as a
positive sign by the organization.

>RELATED ARTICLES
What we learned about the Warriors’ young core at Summer League
Warriors fans wear Kevon Looney jerseys to Open Championship to
celebrate winning bet
California is pro sports’ No. 1 money-making machine
James Wiseman, Jonathan Kuminga show growth in loss to Thunder
Warriors owner Joe Lacob bashes NBA luxury tax rules on Andre
Iguodala’s podcast

Wiseman started 1-for-6 from the field on Sunday against the Wizards,
but made 4-of-his-last-7 shots to go 5-for-13 in the loss. Aside from
grabbing three offensive rebounds, Wiseman also dished out two assists.
Point guard Mac McClung was the Warriors’ leading scorer as he spent
much of his time in Vegas jockeying for an opportunity to secure a
backup role on Golden State’s roster. With 2022 second round draft pick
Ryan Rollins sidelined due to a right foot injury, McClung received
significant playing time and capped off his Summer League stint with a
team-high 14 points and six assists in Sunday’s defeat.

Undrafted wing Lester Quiñones, a college teammate of Wiseman’s at
Memphis who agreed to a two-way deal with the Warriors, added 13 points
as he made 3-of-6 attempts from 3-point range against the Wizards.

--
Kerry Crowley | Night Editor
Kerry Crowley is an editor with the Bay Area News Group, where he has