I can't decide whether to commit suicide or go bowling. -- Florence Henderson

sport / alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors / Re: SFC: Report: NBA will not have a vaccine mandate for 2022-23 season

SubjectAuthor
* SFC: Report: NBA will not have a vaccine mandate for 2022-23 seasonDonald Lee
`* Re: SFC: Report: NBA will not have a vaccine mandate for 2022-23Allen
 `- Re: SFC: Report: NBA will not have a vaccine mandate for 2022-23Robin Miller

1
SFC: Report: NBA will not have a vaccine mandate for 2022-23 season

<1037d680-de2d-4ca4-8e36-d94e8e9ccef9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=4348&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#4348

Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2022 21:30:19 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: SFC: Report: NBA will not have a vaccine mandate for 2022-23 season
From: coac...@gmail.com (Donald Lee)
 by: Donald Lee - Wed, 27 Jul 2022 04:30 UTC

https://www.sfchronicle.com/sports/warriors/article/Report-NBA-will-not-have-a-vaccine-mandate-for-17330998.php

The NBA will not have a vaccine mandate next season, according to Yahoo Sports.

Still, the league will strongly encourage players, coaches and staffers to receive a COVID-19 vaccine. Pending discussions with the National Basketball Players Association, unvaccinated players might be subjected to periodic testing.

This aligns with the NBA’s health-and-safety protocols from last season, when vaccine requirements were up to each city’s local guidelines. Given San Francisco’s COVID-19 rules, every Golden State Warriors player was required to get vaccinated to play home games.

Forward Andrew Wiggins was vocal about his reluctance to get vaccinated, though he ultimately got the shot in time for the team’s home opener. He has since said multiple times that he wishes he had not needed to get vaccinated.

Though the NBA entered last season with a 95% vaccination rate, there were notable holdouts. Unwilling to get vaccinated, Brooklyn guard Kyrie Irving could play only road games for much of the season. Philadelphia guard Matisse Thybulle missed Games 3, 4 and 6 of a first-round playoff series against the Raptors because he wasn’t fully vaccinated and, thus, couldn’t travel to Canada.

Many states, including California and New York, have lifted vaccine mandates for attending events. But given that COVID-19 vaccination is still required to enter Canada, unvaccinated players could have issues playing games in Toronto.

Re: SFC: Report: NBA will not have a vaccine mandate for 2022-23 season

<tbsr79$2p8hh$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=4353&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#4353

From: ala...@yahoo.com (Allen)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Re: SFC: Report: NBA will not have a vaccine mandate for 2022-23
season
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2022 19:10:49 -0700
 by: Allen - Thu, 28 Jul 2022 02:10 UTC

On 7/26/2022 9:30 PM, Donald Lee wrote:
> https://www.sfchronicle.com/sports/warriors/article/Report-NBA-will-not-have-a-vaccine-mandate-for-17330998.php
>
> The NBA will not have a vaccine mandate next season, according to Yahoo Sports.
>
> Still, the league will strongly encourage players, coaches and staffers to receive a COVID-19 vaccine. Pending discussions with the National Basketball Players Association, unvaccinated players might be subjected to periodic testing.
>
> This aligns with the NBA’s health-and-safety protocols from last season, when vaccine requirements were up to each city’s local guidelines. Given San Francisco’s COVID-19 rules, every Golden State Warriors player was required to get vaccinated to play home games.
>
> Forward Andrew Wiggins was vocal about his reluctance to get vaccinated, though he ultimately got the shot in time for the team’s home opener. He has since said multiple times that he wishes he had not needed to get vaccinated.
>
> Though the NBA entered last season with a 95% vaccination rate, there were notable holdouts. Unwilling to get vaccinated, Brooklyn guard Kyrie Irving could play only road games for much of the season. Philadelphia guard Matisse Thybulle missed Games 3, 4 and 6 of a first-round playoff series against the Raptors because he wasn’t fully vaccinated and, thus, couldn’t travel to Canada.
>
> Many states, including California and New York, have lifted vaccine mandates for attending events. But given that COVID-19 vaccination is still required to enter Canada, unvaccinated players could have issues playing games in Toronto.

The way the BA.5 and BA.2.275 variants are going strong and eluding
prior vaccinations and infections, this could result in a whole lot of
players having to quarantine, creating a constant mess.

Re: SFC: Report: NBA will not have a vaccine mandate for 2022-23 season

<jkefb3F69c9U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=4354&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#4354

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
season
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2022 23:49:50 -0400
 by: Robin Miller - Thu, 28 Jul 2022 03:49 UTC

Allen wrote:
> On 7/26/2022 9:30 PM, Donald Lee wrote:
>> https://www.sfchronicle.com/sports/warriors/article/Report-NBA-will-not-have-a-vaccine-mandate-for-17330998.php
>>

>> The NBA will not have a vaccine mandate next season, according to
>> Yahoo Sports.
>>
>> Still, the league will strongly encourage players, coaches and
>> staffers to receive a COVID-19 vaccine. Pending discussions with the
>> National Basketball Players Association, unvaccinated players might be
>> subjected to periodic testing.
>>
>> This aligns with the NBA’s health-and-safety protocols from last
>> season, when vaccine requirements were up to each city’s local
>> guidelines. Given San Francisco’s COVID-19 rules, every Golden State
>> Warriors player was required to get vaccinated to play home games.
>>
>> Forward Andrew Wiggins was vocal about his reluctance to get
>> vaccinated, though he ultimately got the shot in time for the team’s
>> home opener. He has since said multiple times that he wishes he had
>> not needed to get vaccinated.
>>
>> Though the NBA entered last season with a 95% vaccination rate, there
>> were notable holdouts. Unwilling to get vaccinated, Brooklyn guard
>> Kyrie Irving could play only road games for much of the season.
>> Philadelphia guard Matisse Thybulle missed Games 3, 4 and 6 of a
>> first-round playoff series against the Raptors because he wasn’t fully
>> vaccinated and, thus, couldn’t travel to Canada.
>>
>> Many states, including California and New York, have lifted vaccine
>> mandates for attending events. But given that COVID-19 vaccination is
>> still required to enter Canada, unvaccinated players could have issues
>> playing games in Toronto.
>

> The way the BA.5 and BA.2.275 variants are going strong and eluding
> prior vaccinations and infections, this could result in a whole lot of
> players having to quarantine, creating a constant mess.

Yes. I am surprised that sports teams aren't having more of a problem
already.

I got my second (Moderna) booster today. I had been planning on waiting
for an updated vaccine to be available, but I decided to go forward now
due to the rising case rates.

--Robin