It's like deja vu all over again. -- Yogi Berra

sport / alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors / Re: Warriors' roster as it currently stands

SubjectAuthor
* Warriors' roster as it currently standsRobin Miller
+* Re: Warriors' roster as it currently standsRobin Miller
|`* Re: Warriors' roster as it currently standsRobin Miller
| `* Re: Warriors' roster as it currently standsRobin Miller
|  `* Re: Warriors' roster as it currently standsRobin Miller
|   `- Re: Warriors' roster as it currently standsRobin Miller
`* Re: Warriors' roster as it currently standsAllen
 `- Re: Warriors' roster as it currently standsRobin Miller

1
Warriors' roster as it currently stands

<ji98c2FiamU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=4266&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#4266

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Warriors' roster as it currently stands
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2022 17:47:39 -0400
Firefox/68.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.12
 by: Robin Miller - Fri, 1 Jul 2022 21:47 UTC

12 players on full NBA contracts:

PG: Curry, Poole

SG: Thompson, Moody, Rollins

SF: Wiggins, Lee [Iguodala?]

PF: Green, Kuminga, Baldwin

C: Wiseman, Looney

Two-way contracts: Quinndary Weatherspoon, Lester Quiñones

Stashed: Gui Santos

--------------------

Players lost: Porter, Peyton, Toscano-Anderson, Bjelica, Chiozza (2-way)

Players gained: Baldwin, Rollins, Santos [stashed], Lester Quiñones [2-way]

TBD: Iguodala

Re: Warriors' roster as it currently stands

<ji9js7F22diU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=4268&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#4268

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Re: Warriors' roster as it currently stands
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2022 21:03:55 -0400
 by: Robin Miller - Sat, 2 Jul 2022 01:03 UTC

Robin Miller wrote:

> 12 players on full NBA contracts:
>

> PG: Curry, Poole
>
> SG: Thompson, Moody, Rollins
>
> SF: Wiggins, Lee   [Iguodala?]
>
> PF: Green, Kuminga, Baldwin
>
> C: Wiseman, Looney
>

> Two-way contracts: Quinndary Weatherspoon, Lester Quiñones
>
> Stashed: Gui Santos
>
> --------------------
>
> Players lost: Porter, Peyton, Toscano-Anderson, Bjelica, Chiozza (2-way)
>
> Players gained: Baldwin, Rollins, Santos [stashed], Lester Quiñones [2-way]
>
> TBD: Iguodala

Lee is a free agent. So, removing him and adding DiVincenzo leaves us at
12 players under contract, with two free agents TBD:

PG: Curry, Poole

SG: Thompson, DiVincenzo, Moody, Rollins

SF: Wiggins [Iguodala?] [Lee?]

PF: Green, Kuminga, Baldwin

C: Wiseman, Looney

--Robin

Re: Warriors' roster as it currently stands

<ji9t16F383lU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=4271&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#4271

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2022 23:40:10 -0400
 by: Robin Miller - Sat, 2 Jul 2022 03:40 UTC

Robin Miller wrote:
> Robin Miller wrote:
>>

>> 12 players on full NBA contracts:
>>

>> PG: Curry, Poole
>>
>> SG: Thompson, Moody, Rollins
>>
>> SF: Wiggins, Lee   [Iguodala?]
>>
>> PF: Green, Kuminga, Baldwin
>>
>> C: Wiseman, Looney
>>

>> Two-way contracts: Quinndary Weatherspoon, Lester Quiñones
>>
>> Stashed: Gui Santos
>>
>> --------------------
>>
>> Players lost: Porter, Peyton, Toscano-Anderson, Bjelica, Chiozza (2-way)
>>
>> Players gained: Baldwin, Rollins, Santos [stashed], Lester Quiñones
>> [2-way]
>>
>> TBD: Iguodala
>>

> Lee is a free agent. So, removing him and adding DiVincenzo leaves us at
> 12 players under contract, with two free agents TBD:
>
> PG: Curry, Poole
>
> SG: Thompson, DiVincenzo, Moody, Rollins
>
> SF: Wiggins  [Iguodala?] [Lee?]
>
> PF: Green, Kuminga, Baldwin
>
> C: Wiseman, Looney
>
> --Robin

Updated with Lee signing elsewhere:

12 players under contract, with Iguodala TBD:

PG: Curry, Poole

SG: Thompson, DiVincenzo, Moody, Rollins

SF: Wiggins [Iguodala?]

PF: Green, Kuminga, Baldwin

C: Wiseman, Looney

Players lost: Porter, Peyton, Toscano-Anderson, Bjelica, Lee, Chiozza
(2-way)

Players gained: Baldwin, Rollins, Santos [stashed], DiVincenzo, Lester
Quiñones [2-way]

TBD: Iguodala

--Robin

Re: Warriors' roster as it currently stands

<jjr95nF3ub5U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=4330&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#4330

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2022 17:08:02 -0400
 by: Robin Miller - Wed, 20 Jul 2022 21:08 UTC

Robin Miller wrote:
> Robin Miller wrote:
>> Robin Miller wrote:
>>>

>>> 12 players on full NBA contracts:
>>>

>>> PG: Curry, Poole
>>>
>>> SG: Thompson, Moody, Rollins
>>>
>>> SF: Wiggins, Lee   [Iguodala?]
>>>
>>> PF: Green, Kuminga, Baldwin
>>>
>>> C: Wiseman, Looney
>>>

>>> Two-way contracts: Quinndary Weatherspoon, Lester Quiñones
>>>
>>> Stashed: Gui Santos
>>>
>>> --------------------
>>>
>>> Players lost: Porter, Peyton, Toscano-Anderson, Bjelica, Chiozza (2-way)
>>>
>>> Players gained: Baldwin, Rollins, Santos [stashed], Lester Quiñones
>>> [2-way]
>>>
>>> TBD: Iguodala
>>>

>> Lee is a free agent. So, removing him and adding DiVincenzo leaves us
>> at 12 players under contract, with two free agents TBD:
>>
>> PG: Curry, Poole
>>
>> SG: Thompson, DiVincenzo, Moody, Rollins
>>
>> SF: Wiggins  [Iguodala?] [Lee?]
>>
>> PF: Green, Kuminga, Baldwin
>>
>> C: Wiseman, Looney
>>
>> --Robin
>>

> Updated with Lee signing elsewhere:
>

> 12 players under contract, with Iguodala TBD:
>

> PG: Curry, Poole
>
> SG: Thompson, DiVincenzo, Moody, Rollins
>
> SF: Wiggins  [Iguodala?]
>
> PF: Green, Kuminga, Baldwin
>
> C: Wiseman, Looney
>

> Players lost: Porter, Peyton, Toscano-Anderson, Bjelica, Lee, Chiozza
> (2-way)
>
> Players gained: Baldwin, Rollins, Santos [stashed], DiVincenzo, Lester
> Quiñones [2-way]
>
> TBD: Iguodala
>

> --Robin

Updated again:

11 players under contract, with Rollins and JaMychal Green expected to
sign and Iguodala TBD:

PG: Curry, Poole

SG: Thompson, DiVincenzo, Moody [Rollins expected to sign]

SF: Wiggins [Iguodala?]

PF: Draymond Green, Kuminga, Baldwin [JaMychal Green expected to sign]

C: Wiseman, Looney

Apparently the Warriors haven't signed Rollins yet because of his
recently-discovered foot injury.

There doesn't seem to be any word about Iguodala yet.

--Robin

Re: Warriors' roster as it currently stands

<jk2spdFafvqU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=4336&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#4336

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 14:25:40 -0400
 by: Robin Miller - Sat, 23 Jul 2022 18:25 UTC

Robin Miller wrote:
> Robin Miller wrote:
>> Robin Miller wrote:

>>> Lee is a free agent. So, removing him and adding DiVincenzo leaves us
>>> at 12 players under contract, with two free agents TBD:
>>>
>>> PG: Curry, Poole
>>>
>>> SG: Thompson, DiVincenzo, Moody, Rollins
>>>
>>> SF: Wiggins  [Iguodala?] [Lee?]
>>>
>>> PF: Green, Kuminga, Baldwin
>>>
>>> C: Wiseman, Looney
>>>
>>> --Robin
>>>

>> Updated with Lee signing elsewhere:
>>

>> 12 players under contract, with Iguodala TBD:
>>

>> PG: Curry, Poole
>>
>> SG: Thompson, DiVincenzo, Moody, Rollins
>>
>> SF: Wiggins  [Iguodala?]
>>
>> PF: Green, Kuminga, Baldwin
>>
>> C: Wiseman, Looney
>>

>> Players lost: Porter, Peyton, Toscano-Anderson, Bjelica, Lee, Chiozza
>> (2-way)
>>
>> Players gained: Baldwin, Rollins, Santos [stashed], DiVincenzo, Lester
>> Quiñones [2-way]
>>
>> TBD: Iguodala
>>

>> --Robin
>

> Updated again:
>
> 11 players under contract, with Rollins and JaMychal Green expected to
> sign and Iguodala TBD:
>

> PG: Curry, Poole
>
> SG: Thompson, DiVincenzo, Moody  [Rollins expected to sign]
>
> SF: Wiggins  [Iguodala?]
>
> PF: Draymond Green, Kuminga, Baldwin  [JaMychal Green expected to sign]
>
> C: Wiseman, Looney
>

> Apparently the Warriors haven't signed Rollins yet because of his
> recently-discovered foot injury.
>
> There doesn't seem to be any word about Iguodala yet.
>
> --Robin

Updated again (7/23):

11 players under a standard NBA contract, with Rollins and JaMychal
Green expected to sign and Iguodala TBD:

PG: Curry, Poole

SG: Thompson, DiVincenzo, Moody [Rollins expected to sign]

SF: Wiggins [Iguodala?]

PF: Draymond Green, Kuminga, Baldwin [JaMychal Green expected to sign]

C: Wiseman, Looney

Two-way contracts: G Quinndary Weatherspoon, G Lester Quiñones

Non-guaranteed contracts: C Trevion Williams, G Mac McClung

Draft rights: G Gui Santos

Lots of guards on that roster!

Warriors to sign undrafted Trevion Williams to Exhibit 10 contract (July 23)

https://sports.yahoo.com/warriors-sign-undrafted-trevion-williams-155909220.html

Warriors sign Weatherspoon to two-way contract for 2022-23 (July 22)

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/quinndary-weatherspoon-signs-2022-23-two-way-contract-warriors

Warriors and Summer League standout Mac McClung agree to a one-year,
non-guaranteed deal (July 20)

https://www.goldenstateofmind.com/2022/7/20/23272305/warriors-summer-league-standout-mac-mcclung-agree-one-year-non-guaranteed-deal

Warriors sign rookie Lester Quinones to two-way contract (July 5)

https://warriorswire.usatoday.com/2022/07/05/warriors-sign-rookie-lester-quinones-to-two-way-contract/

--Robin

Re: Warriors' roster as it currently stands

<tbia98$avha$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=4338&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#4338

From: ala...@yahoo.com (Allen)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 19:20:24 -0700
 by: Allen - Sun, 24 Jul 2022 02:20 UTC

On 7/1/2022 2:47 PM, Robin Miller wrote:

> 12 players on full NBA contracts:
>

> PG: Curry, Poole
>
> SG: Thompson, Moody, Rollins
>
> SF: Wiggins, Lee   [Iguodala?]
>
> PF: Green, Kuminga, Baldwin
>
> C: Wiseman, Looney
>

> Two-way contracts: Quinndary Weatherspoon, Lester Quiñones
>
> Stashed: Gui Santos
>
> --------------------
>
> Players lost: Porter, Peyton, Toscano-Anderson, Bjelica, Chiozza (2-way)
>
> Players gained: Baldwin, Rollins, Santos [stashed], Lester Quiñones [2-way]
>
> TBD: Iguodala

I like what they've done this offseason, but alot depends on how well
they can develop the young guys. I think they have Rollins penciled in
as a PG, and I think both Kuminga and Baldwin (if his ankle has
recovered) can play SF. I also like MacClung as a PG, but they're saying
he'll have to beat out Rollins in camp.

I think this can go either way. If Kuminga figures out how to control
himself better, be better at playmaking and make fewer turnovers; and if
the young guys (espec Kuminga, Moody and Wiseman) can develop chemistry
their 2nd team could be pretty good. But I can also see them being
rookie-like awful. Same general point re Baldwin. If he gets back to
100% health the Warriors could have a steal & someone who could nicely
backup Wiggins. But if not, if he's more like this last year, he could
be a bust. It'll be an interesting season.

Re: Warriors' roster as it currently stands

<jk5fjjFmsa1U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=4346&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#4346

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2022 13:59:13 -0400
 by: Robin Miller - Sun, 24 Jul 2022 17:59 UTC

Allen wrote:
> On 7/1/2022 2:47 PM, Robin Miller wrote:
>>

>> 12 players on full NBA contracts:
>>

>> PG: Curry, Poole
>>
>> SG: Thompson, Moody, Rollins
>>
>> SF: Wiggins, Lee   [Iguodala?]
>>
>> PF: Green, Kuminga, Baldwin
>>
>> C: Wiseman, Looney
>>

>> Two-way contracts: Quinndary Weatherspoon, Lester Quiñones
>>
>> Stashed: Gui Santos
>>
>> --------------------
>>
>> Players lost: Porter, Peyton, Toscano-Anderson, Bjelica, Chiozza (2-way)
>>
>> Players gained: Baldwin, Rollins, Santos [stashed], Lester Quiñones
>> [2-way]
>>
>> TBD: Iguodala
>>

> I like what they've done this offseason, but alot depends on how well
> they can develop the young guys. I think they have Rollins penciled in
> as a PG, and I think both Kuminga and Baldwin (if his ankle has
> recovered) can play SF. I also like MacClung as a PG, but they're saying
> he'll have to beat out Rollins in camp.
>
> I think this can go either way. If Kuminga figures out how to control
> himself better, be better at playmaking and make fewer turnovers; and if
> the young guys (espec Kuminga, Moody and Wiseman) can develop chemistry
> their 2nd team could be pretty good. But I can also see them being
> rookie-like awful. Same general point re Baldwin. If he gets back to
> 100% health the Warriors could have a steal & someone who could nicely
> backup Wiggins. But if not, if he's more like this last year, he could
> be a bust. It'll be an interesting season.

I have seen some suggestions that Rollins could be a PG. It will be hard
to know until we see him play.

I agree with your overall assessment. There is a wide range of outcomes
for this team, depending mostly on how the young players develop. But
even Steph (does his 3-point shooting decline continue?), Klay (how
close to his former self will he be?) and Draymond (can he play at a
high level for a full season, and can he recover some of his shooting?)
have questions.

--Robin

Re: Warriors' roster as it currently stands

<jkgrqrFi3vfU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=4355&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#4355

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2022 21:35:16 -0400
 by: Robin Miller - Fri, 29 Jul 2022 01:35 UTC

Shams Charania @ShamsCharania

Golden State Warriors No. 44 pick Ryan Rollins is signing a three-year,
$4.8 million rookie deal, his agents Mike Silverman and Brandon Grier of
@SteinbergSports told @TheAthletic

Deal is fully guaranteed in first two seasons, and has significant
guarantee in Year 3.

Anthony Slater @anthonyVslater

Needed a small chunk of the mid-level to stretch it to a multi-year
deal. Thirteenth player signed to roster.

Updated again (7/28):

Rollins just signed, and apparently JaMychal Green has signed. 13
players under contract according to Slater: