From: ala...@yahoo.com (Allen)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Kenney: Steph Curry says Warriors considered reunion with Kevin
Durant
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 17:54:48 -0700
 by: Allen - Tue, 13 Sep 2022 00:54 UTC

Steph Curry says Warriors considered reunion with Kevin Durant
In a recent interview with Rolling Stone magazine, Curry said he was
"never hesitant" when considering a possible reunion with Durant, who he
believes is "misunderstood."
>Golden State Warriors’ Kevin Durant (35) congratulates teammate Golden
State Warriors’ Stephen Curry (30) after a basket during overtime of
Game 1 of the NBA Finals at Oracle Arena in Oakland, Calif., on
Thursday, May 31, 2018. Golden State Warriors defeated the Cleveland
Cavaliers 124-114 in overtime. (Jose Carlos Fajardo/Bay Area News Group)
(JOSE CARLOS FAJARDO, JOSE CARLOS)
>Golden State Warriors’ Kevin Durant (35) congratulates teammate Golden
State Warriors’ Stephen Curry (30) after a basket during overtime of
Game 1 of the NBA Finals at Oracle Arena in Oakland, Calif., on
Thursday, May 31, 2018. Golden State Warriors defeated the Cleveland
Cavaliers 124-114 in overtime. (Jose Carlos Fajardo/Bay Area News Group)
(JOSE CARLOS FAJARDO, JOSE CARLOS)
By MADELINE KENNEY | mkenney@bayareanewsgroup.com | Bay Area News Group
PUBLISHED: September 12, 2022 at 11:10 a.m. | UPDATED: September 12,
2022 at 3:43 p.m.
https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2022/09/12/steph-curry-says-warriors-considered-reunion-with-kevin-durant-report/

Stephen Curry said the Warriors had discussed the possibility of
bringing back Kevin Durant to the Bay Area after the former MVP
requested a trade out of Brooklyn this offseason.

“There was a conversation internally amongst us about ‘If he was
available, would you?’ Every team has those conversations, and obviously
in our situation, they’re gonna call me and ask me, ‘How do you feel
about it?’” Curry told Rolling Stone for the magazine’s October cover story.

Curry said he was “never hesitant” when considering a possible reunion
with Durant, whom the Warriors star said is a “really good dude” who’s
“misunderstood.”

“The idea of playing with KD and knowing who he is as a person, from our
history in those three years, I think KD’s a really good dude. I think
he is misunderstood,” Curry told the magazine. “He has had certain
things happen in his life that hurt his ability to trust people around
him, in a sense of making him feel safe at all times. So all of those
things, I understand, having played with him and gotten to know him. I
love that dude.”

Curry said he genuinely enjoyed the three seasons he played alongside
Durant, during which the Warriors won back-to-back NBA titles before the
two-time Finals MVP left for Brooklyn in a 2019 sign-and-trade deal.

After winning their fourth title in eight years, Curry has “complete
confidence” the Warriors can make another championship run next summer
even without Durant.

>RELATED ARTICLES
Tim Hardaway says Run TMC ‘ahead of our time’ in Hall of Fame speech
Warriors announce round of promotions, hires that includes Klay
Thompson’s brother Mychel
Run TMC ‘whole again’ with Tim Hardaway’s Hall of Fame enshrinement
Warriors 2022 draft picks Patrick Baldwin Jr., Ryan Rollins are
making San Francisco home
Tom Izzo: ‘Nobody better at winning and motivating the team’ than
Warriors’ Draymond Green, new Michigan State Hall of Famer

“And if you said, ‘Oh, KD’s coming back, and we’re gonna play with him,’
I had so much fun playing with him those three years, I’d be like,
‘Hell, yeah!’” Curry said. “Then you have to think: What does that
actually mean? What does it look like? You tell me I’m playing with
[current Warriors teammates Andrew Wiggins, Jordan Poole, and Draymond
Green], I’m like, ‘Hell, yeah!’ There’s all types of emotion and things
that happen to the league. And if anybody’s saying that you wouldn’t
entertain that conversation — no disrespect to anybody on our team — but
you don’t know how things work. But you also understand, like, if we run
this thing back, I’ve got complete confidence in my team that we can win
it again, as constructed.

“So, all those things were true. And it started with me wanting to play
with KD at the beginning. Yeah, it’s about winning, it’s about having
fun, playing the game of basketball. And that was part of the reaction
of, like, ‘Yeah, it’d be amazing.’ What does that actually mean?”

The Durant trade was just one of the many topics covered in the Rolling
Stone’s October cover story. Curry also discussed his previous beef with
Under Armour, athlete activism, mental health and some politics.

Re: Kenney: Steph Curry says Warriors considered reunion with Kevin Durant

<joa9tnF426uU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=4396&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#4396

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Durant
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 22:57:56 -0400
 by: Robin Miller - Tue, 13 Sep 2022 02:57 UTC

Allen wrote:
> Steph Curry says Warriors considered reunion with Kevin Durant
> In a recent interview with Rolling Stone magazine, Curry said he was
> "never hesitant" when considering a possible reunion with Durant, who he
> believes is "misunderstood."
>
> By MADELINE KENNEY | mkenney@bayareanewsgroup.com | Bay Area News Group
> PUBLISHED: September 12, 2022 at 11:10 a.m. | UPDATED: September 12,
> 2022 at 3:43 p.m.
> https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2022/09/12/steph-curry-says-warriors-considered-reunion-with-kevin-durant-report/
> >
> Stephen Curry said the Warriors had discussed the possibility of
> bringing back Kevin Durant to the Bay Area after the former MVP
> requested a trade out of Brooklyn this offseason.
>
> “There was a conversation internally amongst us about ‘If he was
> available, would you?’ Every team has those conversations, and obviously
> in our situation, they’re gonna call me and ask me, ‘How do you feel
> about it?’” Curry told Rolling Stone for the magazine’s October cover
> story.
>
> Curry said he was “never hesitant” when considering a possible reunion
> with Durant, whom the Warriors star said is a “really good dude” who’s
> “misunderstood.”
>
> “The idea of playing with KD and knowing who he is as a person, from our
> history in those three years, I think KD’s a really good dude. I think
> he is misunderstood,” Curry told the magazine. “He has had certain
> things happen in his life that hurt his ability to trust people around
> him, in a sense of making him feel safe at all times. So all of those
> things, I understand, having played with him and gotten to know him. I
> love that dude.”

This story is getting a lot of press, but I'm not surprised at Curry's
attitude, and I'm not sure why anyone else would be either. It seemed
like the only tension was between KD and Green, and they seem to have
patched things up.

While part of me would love to have KD back, I remain glad that the
organization didn't trade the assets that would have been required to
make the deal work.

--Robin