From: ala...@yahoo.com (Allen)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Kenney/Nowels: Warriors investigating how video leaked of Draymond
Green punching Jordan Poole
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2022 15:34:10 -0700
 by: Allen - Fri, 7 Oct 2022 22:34 UTC

Warriors investigating how video leaked of Draymond Green punching
Jordan Poole
Draymond Green has apologized and is away from Warriors until Saturday,
Steve Kerr said
>SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA – DECEMBER 6: Golden State Warriors’
Draymond Green (23) talks to Golden State Warriors’ Jordan Poole (3)
during a break in action against the Orlando Magic in the first quarter
at the Chase Center in San Francisco, Calif., on Monday, Dec. 6, 2021.
(Nhat V. Meyer/Bay Area News Group)
>SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA – DECEMBER 6: Golden State Warriors’
Draymond Green (23) talks to Golden State Warriors’ Jordan Poole (3)
during a break in action against the Orlando Magic in the first quarter
at the Chase Center in San Francisco, Calif., on Monday, Dec. 6, 2021.
(Nhat V. Meyer/Bay Area News Group)
By MADELINE KENNEY | mkenney@bayareanewsgroup.com and MICHAEL NOWELS |
mnowels@bayareanewsgroup.com | Bay Area News Group
PUBLISHED: October 7, 2022 at 7:46 a.m. | UPDATED: October 7, 2022 at
2:56 p.m.
https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2022/10/07/newly-released-video-shows-draymond-punching-poole-during-warriors-practice/

The Warriors launched an investigation Friday into the leak of video
footage showing Draymond Green punching Jordan Poole in the face this
week at a closed-door practice.

The now-viral video obtained and released by TMZ Friday morning shows
Green and Poole apparently matched up in a drill or scrimmage inside the
Warriors’ Chase Center practice facility on Wednesday.

[video: Draymond violently punching Jordan Poole
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuZJvhPzpUA]

As Green walks to the 3-point arc in the 57-second clip, he and Poole
appear to be talking to one another, though it’s unclear what was said
as there’s no audio accompanying the video. For several seconds, with
Green outside the arc and Poole on the baseline, the two continue
speaking, though they aren’t looking at one another.

Green then walks toward Poole and the two keep talking until Green bumps
Poole in the chest. Poole pushes Green back with both hands, then Green
lunges to take a swing at Poole. Green grabs Poole as he staggers
backward and both players hit the wall behind the baseline before
staffers step in to pull them apart.

Warriors general manager Bob Myers, coach Steve Kerr and star guard
Steph Curry spoke Thursday about the incident after news broke Wednesday
night of potential discipline for Green.

Myers said “everybody’s fine” and Green apologized to Poole and the team
Thursday morning before leaving the facility before practice. Myers
noted the team would handle any discipline internally and he did not
anticipate Green to miss any games. Kerr said that he expected Green to
return to practice Saturday. The Warriors were off Friday.

Neither Poole nor Green was made available to reporters Thursday.

It’s unclear what triggered Green to hit Poole, with Curry saying, “It
was nothing out of the ordinary until it wasn’t.”

Both Kerr and Curry refuted reports that Poole’s attitude had been
shifted heading into training camp as his representative and the
Warriors discuss a lucrative contract extension.

>RELATED ARTICLES
Kurtenbach: The video of the punch is out. It will cost Draymond
Green for years to come
This isn’t Draymond Green’s first altercation, but it tells us plenty
about the Warriors
Draymond Green’s punch won’t unravel Warriors. Thank Steph Curry
Warriors GM Myers: Green apologized to Poole, team; discipline ‘internal’
Kurtenbach: We all know what Draymond Green’s practice punch was
really about

“It’s absolutely BS,” Curry said of the report. “JP has been great.
There’s nothing that warranted the situation [Wednesday].”

Myers shot down the idea that ongoing contract negotiations fueled the
dust-up, but it’s a reality that’s hard to ignore.

Poole, Green and Andrew Wiggins are all in the market for new deals. The
Warriors have until Oct. 17 to strike a deal with Poole’s camp for a
rookie extension that could be worth in the ballpark of what Green, 32,
has made in the first 10 seasons of his career (just shy of $130
million, per SpoTrac). If they don’t agree on something by then, Poole,
23, will be a restricted free agent next offseason. Meanwhile, there
isn’t a deadline for Green and Wiggins.

With Poole’s contract situation at the forefront of the Warriors’ minds,
Green said at media day last month he didn’t think an extension would
happen for him before the season starts.

Green is entering the final year of his current contract, though he has
a player option worth $27.6 million for the 2023-24 campaign. That means
this could potentially be his last season with the Warriors.

Golden State typically embraces Green’s fiery emotions but he clearly
crossed the line at Wednesday’s practice and could impact his future
with the team and his next deal.

The Warriors are hoping to put the incident behind them and not allow it
to have any lingering effects as they prepare to open the regular season
against the Los Angeles Lakers on Oct. 18 at Chase Center.

“It’s unfortunate and not gonna deny it,” Myers said. “It will take some
time to move through, but we’ll move through it… I’m confident that we
will.”

--
Madeline Kenney | Warriors reporter