From: ala...@yahoo.com (Allen)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Kenney: Warriors coach Steve Kerr reacts to Brooklyn Nets firing
Steve Nash
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2022 19:12:09 -0700
 by: Allen - Thu, 3 Nov 2022 02:12 UTC

Warriors coach Steve Kerr reacts to Brooklyn Nets firing Steve Nash
Steve Kerr said Steve Nash's departure from Brooklyn is a reminder for
him and other coaches in the league.
>SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA – OCTOBER 8: Golden State Warriors head
coach Steve Kerr pauses as he answers questions to reporters during a
press conference after practice at Chase Center in San Francisco,
Calif., on Saturday, Oct. 8, 2022. (Ray Chavez/Bay Area News Group)
By MADELINE KENNEY | mkenney@bayareanewsgroup.com | Bay Area News Group
PUBLISHED: November 1, 2022 at 4:25 p.m. | UPDATED: November 2, 2022 at
9:24 a.m.
https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2022/11/01/warriors-coach-steve-kerr-reacts-to-brooklyn-nets-firing-steve-nash/

MIAMI — Warriors coach Steve Kerr doesn’t think Steve Nash will be out
of a job for long if he wants to continue coaching.

Kerr reacted to the news of his good friend’s departure from the
Brooklyn Nets Tuesday evening ahead of the Warriors’ tilt against the
Miami Heat.

“More than anything I feel for Steve,” Kerr said during his pregame news
conference. “He has all the qualities to be a brilliant coach. Brilliant.”

Nash’s drama-filled tenure in Brooklyn came to an end Tuesday when the
two parties decided to part ways ahead of the Nets’ game against the
Chicago Bulls. Nash is a two-time league MVP and Hall of Famer, who
playing career spanned 18 years. The Nets hired Nash in 2020 to lead a
roster anchored by Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving to a championship,
despite the eight-time All-Star never having previous professional
coaching experience at any level, including an assistant.

He previously worked for the Warriors as a part-time player development
consultant.

Nash’s time in Brooklyn was chaotic as he dealt with various issues
involving an underperforming team.

>RELATED ARTICLES
Frustration building for 3-5 Warriors, but no panic yet
Warriors react to Jordan Poole carry violations, league crackdown
Steph Curry notches triple-double in Warriors’ third straight loss
Kurtenbach: What’s wrong with the Warriors? A little bit of everything
Diagnosing the Warriors’ defensive issues

Kerr viewed Nash’s firing as a reminder for him and other coaches about
how important it a good environment is to a coach’s success.

“It’s a good reminder to me, and I think all coaches, that we are at the
whim of players, front offices, ownership [and] you really need a solid
situation in which to thrive as a coach in this league,” Kerr said. Heat
coach “Erik [Spoelstra’s] got one here, I’ve got one in Golden State.
We’re really lucky.

“You throw either one of us in that situation, we wouldn’t have done any
better than Steve. And that’s the truth. So as a really good friend of
mine, I feel bad for Steve. But I also know if he ever wants to get back
in this thing, he can be great. He just needs a more stable environment.”