From: ala...@yahoo.com (Allen)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Kenney:_Steph_Curry_notches_triple-double_in_Warriors
’_third_straight_loss
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2022 19:14:20 -0700
 by: Allen - Thu, 3 Nov 2022 02:14 UTC

Steph Curry notches triple-double in Warriors’ third straight loss
Stephen Curry finished with his 10th triple-double and Andrew Wiggins
added 21 points, but it wasn't enough as the Warriors fell 116-109 to
the Miami Heat, extending the Warriors losing streak to three games.
>MIAMI, FL – NOVEMBER 01: Stephen Curry #30 of the Golden State
Warriors talks with referee Lauren Holtkamp-Sterling #7 after a call was
overturned in the second half against the Miami HEAT at FTX Arena on
November 1, 2022 in Miami, Florida. NOTE TO USER: User expressly
acknowledges and agrees that, by downloading and or using this
photograph, User is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty
Images License Agreement.(Photo by Eric Espada/Getty Images)
By MADELINE KENNEY | mkenney@bayareanewsgroup.com | Bay Area News Group
PUBLISHED: November 1, 2022 at 4:57 p.m. | UPDATED: November 2, 2022 at
7:16 a.m.
https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2022/11/01/steph-curry-notches-triple-double-in-warriors-third-straight-loss/

MIAMI — Stephen Curry notched his 10th triple-double and Andrew Wiggins
scored 21 points, but the Warriors dropped their third straight game,
falling 116-109 to the Miami Heat.

The Warriors led by as many as 10 points in the third quarter but
couldn’t hold on to the lead.

Duncan Robinson drained a 3-pointer near the seven-minute mark of the
fourth quarter to tie the game at 100, and the two teams kept battling
tightly from there. The score was tied five times in the final five minutes.

The Warriors crumbled in the last minutes, missing their last four
shots. The first of those four misses initially looked like it wouldn’t
count, as Jimmy Butler was called for a foul on a Curry 3-point attempt
with the Warriors down by three. But after the referees got together —
in-person and without going to the monitor — the call was overturned
after review.

“It’s an awful call,” Curry said. “It was tough, I clearly felt a lot of
contract… You got to be allowed to finish your motion, I thought I felt
like especially when you slow it down to slow-mo, it’s pretty clear
there’s a lot of contact but what do I know about calls.”

After the two sides traded misses, Butler hit a dagger jumper with 9.5
seconds left to put the Heat up by five. Jordan Poole then threw an
inbound pass over Curry into the crowd, capping off what was a tough
night for the fourth-year guard.

This one was over, with the Heat outscoring the Warriors 30-15 in the
fourth. Golden State also committed six of their 20 turnovers in the
final frame.

“We played a really solid three quarters of two-way basketball and then
a lot of mistakes in the fourth,” Warriors coach Steve Kerr said.

Curry finished with a team-high 23 points, 13 rebounds and 13 assists.
Klay Thompson added 19 points on 7-of-19 shooting.

Butler recorded 23 points, eight assists and six rebounds. Max Strus
contributed 24 points off the bench.

Wiggins shined in the first half for the Warriors. He finished the first
two quarters with 14 points and five assists, the most he’s tallied in a
game this season.

The Warriors entered halftime trailing the Heat by two, but came alive
after the break. Golden State opened with a 10-3 run with Thompson
scoring seven of those points in three minutes.

The Warriors’ reserves continue to struggle with all five players coming
off the bench recording negative plus/minuses. Meanwhile, the Warriors
starters all finished in the green.

Golden State was outscored by 23 points when Poole was on the floor and
23 when JaMychal Green was in.

“We’re still finding our way as a bench unit and still looking at
combinations and learning a lot here in the early season,” Kerr said.
“All in all, I was really pleased with the effort. I thought the guys
played well to win, but we didn’t close the game.”

Kerr was shocked Poole was called for three carries on the night. He
said the league sent out a memo earlier in the day alerting teams that
officials were going to be cracking down on ball-handling.

“The whole league’s been doing it,” Kerr said. “I guess I gotta start
checking my email on game days.”

>RELATED ARTICLES
Frustration building for 3-5 Warriors, but no panic yet
Warriors react to Jordan Poole carry violations, league crackdown
Warriors coach Steve Kerr reacts to Brooklyn Nets firing Steve Nash
Kurtenbach: What’s wrong with the Warriors? A little bit of everything
Diagnosing the Warriors’ defensive issues

Another player who struggled again was James Wiseman. The 7-foot center
picked up three quick fouls in five minutes in the first quarter for the
second time in three games. But unlike the Charlotte Hornets overtime
loss, Wiseman returned to the game in the third quarter, replacing Kevon
Looney.

Wiseman played better in his second stint on the floor, scoring four
points on two shots.

The Warriors, now 3-5, are off to the worst start for defending
champions since the Dallas Mavericks opened the 2011-12 season with the
same record. Golden State remains winless on the road, dropping to 0-4
away from Chase Center on the season.

The Warriors, who didn’t lose three straight games last season until
after the All-Star break, have one day off before returning to action
Thursday night in Orlando, where they’ll play the first game of a
back-to-back. Golden State will cap off the five-city road trip out east
in New Orleans on Friday.