From: ala...@yahoo.com (Allen)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Kenney: Steph Curry takes over fourth quarter to lead Warriors to win
over Cavaliers
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 18:40:11 -0800
 by: Allen - Sun, 13 Nov 2022 02:40 UTC

Of note about this game is that the Warriors only used 3 bench players:
Jordan Poole, Donte DiVincenzo and Anthony Lamb. Kuminga got 4 minutes
(I think in the first half) but didn't do much and didn't fit in as well
as Lamb. I'm kind of surprised Kerr didn't use Moody (whose +/-'s have
generally been pretty good), but he hasn't been sinking his open shots
at a very high percentage like Lamb has been. Lamb rotates intelligently
too. -AL

Steph Curry takes over fourth quarter to lead Warriors to win over Cavaliers
Steph Curry's red-hot start to the season continued with another heroic
showing Friday.
>Canon Curry, 4, reacts after his father Golden State Warriors’ Stephen
Curry (30) decided to bring him down from the stands after their NBA
game at the Chase Center in San Francisco, Calif., on Friday, Nov. 11,
2022. Canon was reacting to the fact that he was chosen to come down
leaving his two sisters up in the stands with their mother. The Golden
State Warriors defeated the Cleveland Cavaliers 106-101. (Jose Carlos
Fajardo/Bay Area News Group)
By MADELINE KENNEY | mkenney@bayareanewsgroup.com | Bay Area News Group
PUBLISHED: November 11, 2022 at 7:16 p.m. | UPDATED: November 12, 2022
at 12:22 p.m.
https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2022/11/11/steph-curry-takes-over-fourth-quarter-to-lead-warriors-to-win-over-cavaliers/

SAN FRANCISCO — Stephen Curry looked up at the crowd and took a sigh of
relief after the final buzzer rang Friday night.

He had done it again.

Curry scored 18 of his 40 points in the fourth quarter to vault the
Warriors to a 106-101 win over the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Curry’s red-hot start to the season continued with another heroic
showing Friday. The Warriors superstar hit a 3-pointer with 1:18 left to
tie the game at 98. Then, Kevon Looney, after snatching a defensive
board, found a running Curry who made a layup to put the Warriors up by
two with less than a minute left.

>Golden State Warriors’ Stephen Curry (30) reacts after making a
three-point basket against the Cleveland Cavaliers during the fourth
quarter of their NBA game at the Chase Center in San Francisco, Calif.,
on Friday, Nov. 11, 2022. The Golden State Warriors defeated the
Cleveland Cavaliers 106-101. (Jose Carlos Fajardo/Bay Area News Group)

Cavs center Jarrett Allen split a pair of free throws to pull the
Cavaliers within one. But Curry responded, drilling a 3-pointer with
about 34 seconds left. As he backpedaled, Curry slipped in a quick
“Night, Night” celebration.

Klay Thompson, who had a quiet shooting night, grabbed the
victory-securing steal.

Friday was the ninth time Curry has finished with 30-plus points this
season. It was also the second consecutive game he scored 40 or more.

“You run out of adjectives to describe Steph’s play,” coach Steve Kerr
said after the win. “He’s just amazing night after night.

“He’s always been brilliant. But given the circumstances with our team,
kind of in a rut, trying to dig our way out of a hole, he’s been
spectacular and never been better.”

What’s stood out to Curry’s blazing start to the season for Kerr is how
well-conditioned and strong the 34-year-old is. “He’s much bigger and
stronger and much more capable of defending at a really high level and
sustaining two-way basketball for an entire game and just knocking down
shots from all over and finishing at the rim,” Kerr said. “He’s just
unbelievable.”

>Golden State Warriors’ Stephen Curry (30) goes up for a layup against
the Cleveland Cavaliers during the fourth quarter of their NBA game at
the Chase Center in San Francisco, Calif., on Friday, Nov. 11, 2022. The
Golden State Warriors defeated the Cleveland Cavaliers 106-101. (Jose
Carlos Fajardo/Bay Area News Group)

But for Draymond Green, Curry’s ability to read the game, especially in
close-out situations, has been a difference maker.

Green pointed to one play in particular down the stretch that was
extraordinary. Curry, during a timeout, set up a play after recognizing
how Cleveland was defending them, Green said. On an ensuing possession,
Looney set a screen and Curry stepped into an effortless 3-pointer.

“[It’s] not so much what he is doing for me… but it is how he is doing
it and how he is putting guys in the spots that he wants them in,” said
Green, who finished with 13 assists, nine rebounds and zero turnovers.
“That’s what I am impressed with, the growth there, is absolutely amazing.

“You always ask yourself, ‘How one can be that good and continue to
grow?’ And it’s those small things like that, and ultimately they show
up in the way he is closing in games.”

Curry shot an efficient 15-for-23 from the field and made six of his 11
attempts from deep. He also had five rebounds and four assists.

>Golden State Warriors’ Stephen Curry (30) gives an interview after
their NBA game at the Chase Center in San Francisco, Calif., on Friday,
Nov. 11, 2022. The Golden State Warriors defeated the Cleveland
Cavaliers 106-101. (Jose Carlos Fajardo/Bay Area News Group)

Jordan Poole, who had been struggling the last week, rediscovered his
shooting stroke Friday night. He went 6-for-13 from the field and
drained four 3-pointers for 18 points. He also had two assists and four
rebounds as Donte DiVincenzo was reactivated after missing eight
consecutive games with a hamstring injury.

Wiggins also had another nice night. After helping Curry power the
Warriors to victory Monday night with a fourth-quarter flurry, Wiggins
finished with 20 points, 5 rebounds, two steals and one block.

The Warriors and Cavaliers remained neck-and-neck through most of the
first half. The lead changed six times and neither team led by more than
six points. The Cavaliers held a 52-48 lead heading into the break.

The Cavaliers scored 14 unanswered points in the third quarter as the
Warriors offense went cold. Golden State was able to turn it back on to
close out the third and into the fourth. And thanks to another takeover
performance by Curry, the Warriors were able to win a second straight game.

>RELATED ARTICLES
Return of Donte DiVincenzo gives Warriors another ball handler off bench
Jonathan Kuminga hosts high-schoolers for new ‘Black Panther’
screening at Grand Lake Theatre
Steph Curry’s torrid start fueled by ‘championship confidence’
Warriors unveil unique new uniforms with yellow rose celebrating
women’s suffrage
Why the Warriors turned to two-way players Ty Jerome, Anthony Lamb
over lottery picks

“It looks so easy for him,” Looney said of Curry. “He can get to
wherever he wants to, he is hitting shots, getting to the basket.
Whenever teams are on a run, or we are struggling to get a basket, he
carries us. It is tough to say whether this is the best I have ever seen
him play but it is up there.”

Two-way forward Anthony Lamb continues to earn rotation minutes as the
Warriors prioritize getting their season back on track after a
disappointing five-game losing skid. Lamb, who’s been a steady presence
off the bench, scored 10 points and hit timely 3-pointers, including two
in the third quarter.

Meanwhile, the Warriors trio of lottery picks have found themselves
outside the rotation, which Kerr ran eight deep. Jonathan Kuminga played
in the first quarter but sat the final three after he committed two
turnovers and went 0-for-3 from the field in four minutes. Meanwhile,
Moses Moody, James Wiseman and JaMychal Green didn’t make it in the game
at all.

“In my experience when you’re in a little bit of a hole like we’ve been,
you dig your way out and then the game gets easier,” Kerr said. “It
seems really hard when things are going poorly, everything is difficult,
and then once you compete your way out of it, the game slows down and as
that happens, I think we’ll be able to go deeper into our rotation and
guys will be more comfortable and confident.”

The Warriors (5-7) play the Kings in Sacramento Sunday before turning
around and hosting the San Antonio Spurs Monday for their third set of
back-to-backs in two weeks.

>[Pics:]
Golden State Warriors' Jordan Poole (3) attempts to drive past Cleveland
Cavaliers' Donovan Mitchell (45) during the second quarter of their NBA
game at the Chase Center in San Francisco, Calif., on Friday, Nov. 11,
2022. (Jose Carlos Fajardo/Bay Area News Group)
Golden State Warriors’ Jordan Poole (3) attempts to drive past Cleveland
Cavaliers’ Donovan Mitchell (45) during the second quarter of their NBA
game at the Chase Center in San Francisco, Calif., on Friday, Nov. 11,
2022. (Jose Carlos Fajardo/Bay Area News Group)
Golden State Warriors head coach Steve Kerr yells at NBA referee Brian
Forte (45) during the second quarter of their NBA game at the Chase
Center in San Francisco, Calif., on Friday, Nov. 11, 2022. (Jose Carlos
Fajardo/Bay Area News Group)
Golden State Warriors head coach Steve Kerr yells at NBA referee Brian
Forte (45) during the second quarter of their NBA game at the Chase
Center in San Francisco, Calif., on Friday, Nov. 11, 2022. (Jose Carlos
Fajardo/Bay Area News Group)
Golden State Warriors' Jordan Poole (3) goes up for a basket past
Cleveland Cavaliers' Evan Mobley (4) during the second quarter of their
NBA game at the Chase Center in San Francisco, Calif., on Friday, Nov.
11, 2022. (Jose Carlos Fajardo/Bay Area News Group)
Golden State Warriors’ Jordan Poole (3) goes up for a basket past
Cleveland Cavaliers’ Evan Mobley (4) during the second quarter of their
NBA game at the Chase Center in San Francisco, Calif., on Friday, Nov.
11, 2022. (Jose Carlos Fajardo/Bay Area News Group)
Golden State Warriors' Klay Thompson (11) shoots and makes a three-point
basket against the Cleveland Cavaliers during the fourth quarter of
their NBA game at the Chase Center in San Francisco, Calif., on Friday,
Nov. 11, 2022. The Golden State Warriors defeated the Cleveland
Cavaliers 106-101. (Jose Carlos Fajardo/Bay Area News Group)
Golden State Warriors’ Klay Thompson (11) shoots and makes a three-point
basket against the Cleveland Cavaliers during the fourth quarter of
their NBA game at the Chase Center in San Francisco, Calif., on Friday,
Nov. 11, 2022. The Golden State Warriors defeated the Cleveland
Cavaliers 106-101. (Jose Carlos Fajardo/Bay Area News Group)
Golden State Warriors' Draymond Green (23) glances up while conducting
an interview after their NBA game at the Chase Center in San Francisco,
Calif., on Friday, Nov. 11, 2022. The Golden State Warriors defeated the
Cleveland Cavaliers 106-101. (Jose Carlos Fajardo/Bay Area News Group)
Golden State Warriors’ Draymond Green (23) glances up while conducting
an interview after their NBA game at the Chase Center in San Francisco,
Calif., on Friday, Nov. 11, 2022. The Golden State Warriors defeated the
Cleveland Cavaliers 106-101. (Jose Carlos Fajardo/Bay Area News Group)
Golden State Warriors' Stephen Curry (30) hi-fives teammate Klay
Thompson (11) during the fourth quarter of their NBA game at the Chase
Center in San Francisco, Calif., on Friday, Nov. 11, 2022. The Golden
State Warriors defeated the Cleveland Cavaliers 106-101. (Jose Carlos
Fajardo/Bay Area News Group)
Golden State Warriors’ Stephen Curry (30) hi-fives teammate Klay
Thompson (11) during the fourth quarter of their NBA game at the Chase
Center in San Francisco, Calif., on Friday, Nov. 11, 2022. The Golden
State Warriors defeated the Cleveland Cavaliers 106-101. (Jose Carlos
Fajardo/Bay Area News Group)
San Francisco 49ers Deebo Samuel congratulates Golden State Warriors'
Stephen Curry (30) after their NBA game at the Chase Center in San
Francisco, Calif., on Friday, Nov. 11, 2022. The Golden State Warriors
defeated the Cleveland Cavaliers 106-101. (Jose Carlos Fajardo/Bay Area
News Group)
San Francisco 49ers Deebo Samuel congratulates Golden State Warriors’
Stephen Curry (30) after their NBA game at the Chase Center in San
Francisco, Calif., on Friday, Nov. 11, 2022. The Golden State Warriors
defeated the Cleveland Cavaliers 106-101. (Jose Carlos Fajardo/Bay Area
News Group)

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Kenney: Steph Curry takes over fourth quarter to lead Warriors to win over Cavaliers

<jtb94sF5qeaU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=4604&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#4604

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Re: Kenney: Steph Curry takes over fourth quarter to lead Warriors to
win over Cavaliers
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 23:12:08 -0500
 by: Robin Miller - Sun, 13 Nov 2022 04:12 UTC

Allen wrote:
> Of note about this game is that the Warriors only used 3 bench players:
> Jordan Poole, Donte DiVincenzo and Anthony Lamb. Kuminga got 4 minutes
> (I think in the first half) but didn't do much and didn't fit in as well
> as Lamb. I'm kind of surprised Kerr didn't use Moody (whose +/-'s have
> generally been pretty good), but he hasn't been sinking his open shots
> at a very high percentage like Lamb has been. Lamb rotates intelligently
> too.  -AL

> Steph Curry takes over fourth quarter to lead Warriors to win over
> Cavaliers
>
> By MADELINE KENNEY | mkenney@bayareanewsgroup.com | Bay Area News Group
> PUBLISHED: November 11, 2022 at 7:16 p.m. | UPDATED: November 12, 2022
> at 12:22 p.m.
> https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2022/11/11/steph-curry-takes-over-fourth-quarter-to-lead-warriors-to-win-over-cavaliers/
>

> SAN FRANCISCO — Stephen Curry looked up at the crowd and took a sigh of
> relief after the final buzzer rang Friday night.
>
> He had done it again.

Yes, Lamb's playing and Moody's not playing are quite noticeable.
Moody's absence is surprising, as I thought he was considered more "NBA
ready" than the other youngsters. And Lamb, who is he? I've certainly
never heard of him. He has played 26 NBA games prior to this season, all
over the last two seasons:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/lamban01.html

--Robin