From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: NBCSBA: NBA confirms controversial Steph Curry travel in nail-biting
loss to Mavericks
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2022 19:01:46 -0500
Firefox/68.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.14
 by: Robin Miller - Thu, 1 Dec 2022 00:01 UTC

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/nba-confirms-controversial-steph-curry-travel-nail-biting-loss-mavericks

Tristi Rodriguez
Wed, November 30, 2022 at 3:49 PM

NBC Sports: Bay Area

A controversial traveling violation called on Steph Curry in the
Warriors’ down-to-the-wire loss to the Dallas Mavericks on Tuesday was
confirmed in the NBA’s Last Two Minute Report on Wednesday. A

The report indicated that Curry gathered the ball on his right foot and
stepped back with his left foot coming down and then with his right
foot, establishing his left foot as his pivot foot.

“Curry proceeds to lift and replant his left pivot foot during his pump
fake,” the report says, resulting in a traveling violation.

The Warriors were down by two and the ball was in the right hands. Curry
dribbled downcourt and cut right then left over a Kevon Looney screen
and then pulled up behind the arc.

But before he could get a shot up where he is most lethal, officials
frantically blew their whistles and loud cheers immediately arose from
Mavs fans on their feet at American Airlines Center.

If you ask Curry, he doesn't think he traveled.

But after the game, he still took full responsibility for the possession.

"I didn't think it was a travel to the point where you don't let the
play run out," Curry told reporters postgame. "But who am I to say?"

"Bang, bang situation," Curry continued. "Dumb play by me to not take
the layup. Got a little confused on what the time and the score was,
honestly. Went for the hero shot."

It's safe to say Warriors coach Steve Kerr wasn't pleased with the call
either, but all he's asking for is a little more consistency, especially
with the game on the line.

"It's going to be really interesting to see, if we're going to call that
now, we got to call it all the time because it happens 30 times a game,
guys change pivot feet," Kerr told reporters. "So I'm really happy that
the officials are going to emphasize it but you got to be consistent
with it."

The L2MR report also confirmed two offensive fouls called on Green
within the last minute of action, one with 53 seconds remaining and one
with 12.5 seconds left in the game.

The Warriors ended up losing the battle 116-113 and their hopes of
extending their three-game win streak to four were put to rest.