From: ala...@yahoo.com (Allen)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Kenney: Fan pledges $25,000 to charity after Draymond Green fined for
in-game interaction
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2022 15:17:01 -0800
 by: Allen - Sat, 3 Dec 2022 23:17 UTC

Fan pledges $25,000 to charity after Draymond Green fined for in-game
interaction
A Dallas resident has pledged $25,000 to a charity of Draymond Green's
choosing after the Warriors star was punished earlier this week for
swearing at the fan during a game.
>Golden State Warriors’ Draymond Green #23 warms up before their game
against the Sacramento Kings at the Chase Center in San Francisco,
Calif., on Monday, Nov. 7, 2022. (Jane Tyska/Bay Area News Group)
By MADELINE KENNEY | mkenney@bayareanewsgroup.com | Bay Area News Group
PUBLISHED: December 3, 2022 at 2:00 p.m. | UPDATED: December 3, 2022 at
2:27 p.m.
https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2022/12/03/mavericks-fan-pledges-25000-to-charity-after-draymond-green-fined-for-in-game-interaction/

A Dallas resident has pledged $25,000 to a charity of Draymond Green’s
choosing after the Warriors star was punished earlier this week for
swearing at the fan during a game.

Green was slapped with a $25,000 fine Thursday evening for “directing
obscene language toward a fan” during the Warriors’ 116-113 loss to the
Mavericks Tuesday. The incident occurred with 11:20 remaining in the
fourth quarter. A video circulated on Twitter showed Green telling a fan
to “enjoy the f—ing game, shut up.”

Alykhan Rehmatullah came forward on Twitter Thursday night and
identified himself as the fan engaging with Green. Rehmatullah defended
Green and said the two were “just having fun.”

“I’m the guy you yelled at,” Rehmatullah wrote in a tweet directed at
Green. “Shouldn’t be like that.”

Rehmatullah agreed to donate money to Green’s favorite charity or NBA
Cares, the league’s global community outreach program.

“Your call lmk!” Rehmatullah wrote.

--
Alykhan Rehmatullah
@AlykhanR ·Follow

I’ll match the $25k to your favorite charity, or @nbacares, your call
lmk! 🙏🏽

NBA Communications @NBAPR
The following was released by the NBA.
[pic of statement]

7:16 PM · Dec 1, 2022
4.4K Reply Share
--

Green learned of Rehmatullah’s offer Friday and told ESPN he thought it
was “a cool gesture”

“You don’t see that happen,” he said after the Warriors quashed the
Bulls at Chase Center.

Green had yet to reach out to the Mavericks fan, according to ESPN, but
planned to in the near future.

“The money should go somewhere,” Green told the website. “It should help
someone’s kid.”

Re: Kenney: Fan pledges $25,000 to charity after Draymond Green fined for in-game interaction

<jv3uvfFsbruU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=4694&group=alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors#4694

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Re: Kenney: Fan pledges $25,000 to charity after Draymond Green fined
for in-game interaction
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2022 11:08:14 -0500
 by: Robin Miller - Sun, 4 Dec 2022 16:08 UTC

Allen wrote:
> Fan pledges $25,000 to charity after Draymond Green fined for in-game
> interaction
> A Dallas resident has pledged $25,000 to a charity of Draymond Green's
> choosing after the Warriors star was punished earlier this week for
> swearing at the fan during a game.
> >Golden State Warriors’ Draymond Green #23 warms up before their game
> against the Sacramento Kings at the Chase Center in San Francisco,
> Calif., on Monday, Nov. 7, 2022. (Jane Tyska/Bay Area News Group)
> By MADELINE KENNEY | mkenney@bayareanewsgroup.com | Bay Area News Group
> PUBLISHED: December 3, 2022 at 2:00 p.m. | UPDATED: December 3, 2022 at
> 2:27 p.m.
> https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2022/12/03/mavericks-fan-pledges-25000-to-charity-after-draymond-green-fined-for-in-game-interaction/
>

> A Dallas resident has pledged $25,000 to a charity of Draymond Green’s
> choosing after the Warriors star was punished earlier this week for
> swearing at the fan during a game.
>
> Green was slapped with a $25,000 fine Thursday evening for “directing
> obscene language toward a fan” during the Warriors’ 116-113 loss to the
> Mavericks Tuesday. The incident occurred with 11:20 remaining in the
> fourth quarter. A video circulated on Twitter showed Green telling a fan
> to “enjoy the f—ing game, shut up.”
>
> Alykhan Rehmatullah came forward on Twitter Thursday night and
> identified himself as the fan engaging with Green. Rehmatullah defended
> Green and said the two were “just having fun.”
>
> “I’m the guy you yelled at,” Rehmatullah wrote in a tweet directed at
> Green. “Shouldn’t be like that.”
>
> Rehmatullah agreed to donate money to Green’s favorite charity or NBA
> Cares, the league’s global community outreach program.
>
> “Your call lmk!” Rehmatullah wrote.
>
> --
>  Alykhan Rehmatullah
>  @AlykhanR ·Follow
> @Money23Green I’m the guy you yelled at. Shouldn’t be like that, we were
> just having fun.
>
> I’ll match the $25k to your favorite charity, or @nbacares, your call
> lmk! 🙏🏽
>
>   NBA Communications @NBAPR
>   The following was released by the NBA.
>   [pic of statement]
>
> 7:16 PM · Dec 1, 2022
> 4.4K   Reply   Share
> --
>
> Green learned of Rehmatullah’s offer Friday and told ESPN he thought it
> was “a cool gesture”
>
> “You don’t see that happen,” he said after the Warriors quashed the
> Bulls at Chase Center.
>
> Green had yet to reach out to the Mavericks fan, according to ESPN, but
> planned to in the near future.
>
> “The money should go somewhere,” Green told the website. “It should help
> someone’s kid.”

This is an interesting story, and it places Green's remark in a whole
new light.

--Robin