From: ala...@yahoo.com (Allen)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Rubin:_Klay_Thompson_‘excited’_to_play_
back-to-backs_—_at_some_point
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2022 19:19:47 -0800
 by: Allen - Fri, 9 Dec 2022 03:19 UTC

Klay Thompson ‘excited’ to play back-to-backs — at some point
Golden State Warriors guard Klay Thompson is anxious to get back to normal
>MINNEAPOLIS, MN – NOVEMBER 27: Klay Thompson #11 of the Golden State
Warriors celebrates his three-point basket against the Minnesota
Timberwolves in the fourth quarter at Target Center on November 27, 2022
in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The Warriors defeated the Timberwolves
137-114. NOTE TO USER: User expressly acknowledges and agrees that, by
downloading and or using this Photograph, user is consenting to the
terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement. (Photo by
David Berding/Getty Images)
By SHAYNA RUBIN | srubin@bayareanewsgroup.com | Bay Area News Group
PUBLISHED: December 6, 2022 at 6:00 a.m. | UPDATED: December 6, 2022 at
7:40 a.m.
https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2022/12/06/klay-thompson-excited-to-play-back-to-backs-at-some-point/

SAN FRANCISCO — Klay Thompson could soon play his first set of
back-to-back games since his ACL sprain in 2019.

When will Thompson be cleared? He says “hopefully soon,” depending on
when the training staff gives clearance. But he’s been pushing for it
while heeding team trainers’ advice.

“It’s really exciting,” Thompson said. “I’m happy that’s on the horizon.
It’s not fun having to watch, and for as long as I did watch the team
compete. I cherish every minute out there. So I’m excited for when the
time does come. And I’m grateful to be healthy playing December basketball.”

Thompson has been eager to get back to his complete normal routine since
he returned last January from back-to-back ACL and Achilles tears that
had him sidelined for 2 1/2 years. But the team’s training staff has
been cautious to let him go full-throttle.

Director of sports medicine and performance Rick Celebrini told coach
Steve Kerr that there is no formula or science to determine when
Thompson will be ready to play back-to-backs, but Thompson came out
unscathed after a simulated game Saturday, the day after the Warriors
played the Chicago Bulls, as a test run to see how his body would respond.

“They just monitor my minutes, my body composition, my training,”
Thompson said. “They know more about myself than I do, so I completely
trust them.”

>RELATED ARTICLES
Warriors forward Anthony Lamb accused of rape in civil suit against
University of Vermont
Jonathan Kuminga on Jordan Clarkson squaring up during scuffle: ‘It
was so funny’
Klay Thompson calls leaving Malik Beasley open for 3 a ‘dreadful
mistake’ in Warriors’ loss
Wild ending to loss in Utah left Warriors wondering ‘what just happened’
Warriors injury update: The latest on Steph Curry, Andrew Wiggins and
Draymond Green

The Warriors have 10 more back-to-backs this season, including five on
the road — one is in New York to play the Knicks and Nets — and one
split home and away. Back-to-backs on the road can be particularly grueling.

Thompson sat out for most of the preseason this year and was on a
minutes restriction to start the regular season, averaging 22 minutes
through their first four games before the coaching staff bumped his
minutes up to an average of 32 per game.

“At some point, Klay will probably play back-to-backs,” Kerr said. “But
at this point, we don’t know exactly when.”

--
Shayna Rubin | General Assignment Sports Reporter
Shayna covers Bay Area sports for the Bay Area News Group. She covered