From: ala...@yahoo.com (Allen)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Kenney: Warriors injury update: The latest on Steph Curry, Andrew
Wiggins and Draymond Green
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2022 19:24:51 -0800
 by: Allen - Fri, 9 Dec 2022 03:24 UTC

Warriors injury update: The latest on Steph Curry, Andrew Wiggins and
Draymond Green
Kerr remains "hopeful" that Stephen Curry and Draymond Green will be
able to play Saturday after the two missed Wednesday's game with injuries.
>SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA – NOVEMBER 23: Andrew Wiggins #22 of the
Golden State Warriors is guarded by Reggie Jackson #1 of the LA Clippers
at Chase Center on November 23, 2022 in San Francisco, California. NOTE
TO USER: User expressly acknowledges and agrees that, by downloading and
or using this photograph, User is consenting to the terms and conditions
of the Getty Images License Agreement. (Photo by Ezra Shaw/Getty Images)
By MADELINE KENNEY | mkenney@bayareanewsgroup.com | Bay Area News Group
PUBLISHED: December 7, 2022 at 3:40 p.m. | UPDATED: December 7, 2022 at
6:02 p.m.
https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2022/12/07/warriors-injury-update-the-latest-on-steph-curry-andrew-wiggins-and-draymond-green/

SALT LAKE CITY — Andrew Wiggins will miss at least two more games,
including Wednesday night’s matchup against the Utah Jazz, with a
strained left adductor.

Wiggins will be reevaluated Monday after injuring a muscle in his thigh,
coach Steve Kerr said. That means Wiggins will also be shelved for
Saturday’s 2022 NBA Finals rematch against the Boston Celtics and miss a
total of at least three games.

Meanwhile, Kerr remains “hopeful” that Stephen Curry and Draymond Green
will be able to play Saturday after the two stayed back in the Bay for
this current one-game road trip to nurse injuries. Curry has a sore
right ankle while Green is out with left hip tightness.

Curry first injured his ankle in the second half of the Warriors’ win
over the Houston Rockets on Saturday. He played 37 minutes in Golden
State’s loss to the Indiana Pacers Monday in what was an off night for
the superstar.

“The three games in four nights caught up to him,” Kerr said. “He’s 34
now, he’s not 24, so it takes a little longer to recover from injury or
nicks and bruises and that kind of stuff. It was an easy decision
because otherwise we’re just chasing our tail if he’s hampered by an
injury and then we just keep playing him night after night, it’s not
going to end well. So we’re going to have to be proactive all year in
cases like this.”

Wednesday marks the third game Curry hasn’t played in this season. He’s
averaging exactly 30 points per game, fourth-best in the NBA, with a
career-high 6.6 rebounds and seven assists. He also has a league-leading
117 3-pointers so far this season, 24 more than the next-closest player
(Portland’s Anfernee Simonns has 93.)

The Warriors enter Wednesday’s game with a 13-12 record, and they are
10th in the Western Conference standings.

Golden State will host the Celtics Saturday at Chase Center before
hitting the road, where the reigning champs will play six games in nine
days.